Mystery Project at Epcot

aladdin2007

I don't know if the story has a particular setting, but in terms of the literary origin of The Snow Queen, Hans Christian Anderson is Danish, not Norwegian.

True, but it wouldnt stop them. If they can put characters that have nothing to with Norway in Akershus, they can sure blend in Frozen being that its Scandinavian origin. Not that I want them to, but its better than whats going on there now. ...

Fox&Hound

I think the problem is that people go to Magic Kingdom and enjoy the rides, the shows, the shops, etc but when they arrive at EPCOT their not sure what to make of it. Yes, there are a few rides in WS and more in FW, but not really enough for the crowds that EPCOT draws. Maybe we were more "out of the box" 20 years ago or it's due to over-crowding, but I'm not sure EPCOT has really changed and evolved as it should have. Also, especially as represented on these boards (albeit a small minority) you have a lot of been-there done-that visitors. SOARIN is amazing, and the new test track still fun (maybe a little souless for my liking) but a few new rides or adventures could be fun. I don't think you need to add roller coasters or tie everything in to a Disney character, but to add 3-4 rides throughout the countries would give something to entertain the kids while parents soak up the culture.

Fox&Hound

I don't even know what a "Frozen" ride would look like or that it should replace Maelstrom (though the ride as it stands is certainly not Disney's best offering), but I can promise you one thing: if they did take out the trolls and completely redid this ride as "Frozen" and they blasted the AC while fake snow fell on you it would certainly be a popular ride in July =)

MonorailRed

Applebees
l post a nugget-of-joy of some upcoming projects for WDW. Each is a different project that dosn't relate to one another. This is merely something I put together to be a "hint" that I won't give answers to but have fun anyway!

Untitled-1_edited-1.jpg

Hmm... Wilderness Explorer is AK, Boysenberry Preserves has to do with the Mine Train, (The Boysenberry Pie Snow White makes), New seating for the castle show, DHS Parking, Dole Whip or Ice Cream of Sorts and... the last one reminds me of the Poly...Some sort of expansion?

rnese

Let's address the picture of the "Dole Whip". Now, being a former Political Science major and current Civics teacher, I'm familiar with the term "whip", the congressional member responsible for legislative discipline. And Bob Dole was once in congress. So, we're clearly talking about American government. So, it makes sense to concentrate on The American Adventure at EPCOT. Bob DOLE was once Gerald Ford's running mate in 1976. Ford...Ford...Hmmm. Francis Ford Coppola! Francis Ford Coppola is Nicolas Cage's (Born Nicolas Kim Coppola) uncle! Nicolas Cage starred in none other than NATIONAL TREASURE! AH HA! A National Treasure themed E-ticket attraction will be coming to The American Adventure, where guests help Benjamin Gates STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE! I must be butter, because folks...I'm on a...slice of bread!

Magenta Panther

Ok. So I guess I need to clear up a few things to at least correct some of the misleading information here.

First off, WDI is not located behind Mission:Space. It's across the street behind WOL.

Speaking of WOL, it has been rezoned for convention use only. Sorry, the Body Wars simulators were completely removed a year ago. The rooms are used for storage of Future World East attraction hehicle parts.

WoL.jpg

Imagination cannot be adapted for a ride like Pooh's Honey Hunt. That system calls for a completely level floor and Imagination has multi level areas through the entire building as the original ride was supposed to have "coaster-like" elements to it. In order to put in a ride like PHH they'd have to completely level the building and start from scatch. I've said this countless times over the years yet this still comes up here constantly.

Rats have infested the France Pavilion already but not as an attrction. The rat problem between Morocco and Canada has gotton out of control in the past few months. And no, cats are not released during the night to help with the problem.

My wish would be that they would completey gut Stupid Judy and work in something new over there. No one really goes over there anymore anyway. Also take the princesses out of Norway (turing the restaurant back into a Norwegian establishment) and put the ladies over in Odyssey giving them all the room the want for stroller parking while keeping out of everyone's way. Put Michael to rest for good and upgrade the Magic Eye Theater into an original attraction.

l post a nugget-of-joy of some upcoming projects for WDW. Each is a different project that dosn't relate to one another. This is merely something I put together to be a "hint" that I won't give answers to but have fun anyway!

Untitled-1_edited-1.jpg

The heck is "Stupid Judy"?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Let's address the picture of the "Dole Whip". Now, being a former Political Science major and current Civics teacher, I'm familiar with the term "whip", the congressional member responsible for legislative discipline. And Bob Dole was once in congress. So, we're clearly talking about American government. So, it makes sense to concentrate on The American Adventure at EPCOT. Bob DOLE was once Gerald Ford's running mate in 1976. Ford...Ford...Hmmm. Francis Ford Coppola! Francis Ford Coppola is Nicolas Cage's (Born Nicolas Kim Coppola) uncle! Nicolas Cage starred in none other than NATIONAL TREASURE! AH HA! A National Treasure themed E-ticket attraction will be coming to The American Adventure, where guests help Benjamin Gates STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE! I must be butter, because folks...I'm on a...slice of bread!
@raven - Now look at what you have started.

Neph-Neph

Smuckers = Yankee Trader, then....Hmmm...Yankee Trader...Hmmm. Well, the GM of the New York Yankees is Brian Cashman. Cashman...Hmmm. Who's a "cash man"? DONALD TRUMP! Donald Trump's show is called "The Apprentice". THE APPRENTICE! The Sorcerer's Apprentice attraction! BINGO! You're gonna have to get up pretty early in the morning to get one past me Raven!

I thought you were gonna lead up to the BAH coming down...

doctornick

Oh, thanks - I've never ridden Universe of Energy. Isn't that scheduled to go away?

I don't see why it would. Sure, they could do a new pre-show movie, but the ride itself is still fine.

Actually, on a more general note, I don't get why there is always such a desire note on these pages to replace rides, as opposed to building additional rides. As much as I think that, say, Imagination is kinda lame now, I'd rather keep that as it and add in a new attraction (or attractions) at WoL or add in rides in WS (Japan bullet train, Germany Rhine River, etc.) than spend money to replace something that already exists.

I see the same complaint frequently with people wanting to tear down Chester and Hester's.

I'd much rather see the parks just add capacity with new additional attractions. That way, there's just more to do and if you don't like one ride, just skip it.

PeterAlt

Love these replies and speculations. You guys have quite the imagination. But that isn't a Dole Whip in the picture...although I just had one with rum earlier today at Epcot :p
I want some! Mix it with fresh pineapple and coconut... Mmm

Are any of us even close?!?!

rnese

Love these replies and speculations. You guys have quite the imagination. But that isn't a Dole Whip in the picture...although I just had one with rum earlier today at Epcot :p
What do you mean that's not a DOLE WHIP!?! Son-of-a... Now I have to start all over! OK, give me a moment while my creative brain cells fire up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom