Mystery Project at Epcot

rnese

Smuckers = Yankee Trader, then....Hmmm...Yankee Trader...Hmmm. Well, the GM of the New York Yankees is Brian Cashman. Cashman...Hmmm. Who's a "cash man"? DONALD TRUMP! Donald Trump's show is called "The Apprentice". THE APPRENTICE! The Sorcerer's Apprentice attraction! BINGO! You're gonna have to get up pretty early in the morning to get one past me Raven!

raven

Smuckers = Yankee Trader, then....Hmmm...Yankee Trader...Hmmm. Well, the GM of the New York Yankees is Brian Cashman. Cashman...Hmmm. Who's a "cash man"? DONALD TRUMP! Donald Trump's show is called "The Apprentice". THE APPRENTICE! The Sorcerer's Apprentice attraction! BINGO! You're gonna have to get up pretty early in the morning to get one past me Raven!

I wouldn't post a project that is already in existence.

rnese

What's next? Let's go with the 13. 13! Stalag 13! On the '60's comedy "Hogan's Heroes" the POW's were in Stalag 13! And who was a start on Hogan's Heroes? None other than Richard Dawson! And what did Richard Dawson go on to do? Game Shows! First there was "Match Game", but although Match Game was one of the greatest gameshows of all time, it wasn't exactly family friendly...unlike, say...THE FAMILY FEUD! Which will be replacing The American Idol Experience at DHS in the near future thank you very much! Bazinga! I'll be here all week!

Nemo14

What's next? Let's go with the 13. 13! Stalag 13! On the '60's comedy "Hogan's Heroes" the POW's were in Stalag 13! And who was a start on Hogan's Heroes? None other than Richard Dawson! And what did Richard Dawson go on to do? Game Shows! First there was "Match Game", but although Match Game was one of the greatest gameshows of all time, it wasn't exactly family friendly...unlike, say...THE FAMILY FEUD! Which will be replacing The American Idol Experience at DHS in the near future thank you very much! Bazinga! I'll be here all week!

Can't wait to see what you'll do with the dole whip picture!

wdwfan22

Do you know what WS is supposed to be about? Do you get the difference of what makes an attraction fit a certain park (it's OK if you don't as Eric Jacobson needed Tony Baxter to answer the question for him and all EJ does is lead WDI's portfolio for three WDW parks and much of the rest of the resort)?

I'll tell you this: it isn't about adding popular culture toons into national pavilions to further dumb the park down.

Yes I do know what World Showcase is about, however the 80s way of doing things doesn't work for today's Epcot. Character tie ins can work for the attractions and should be utilized when possible. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it fact. World showcase needs family friendly attractions that appeal to everyone in the family. The current films doesn't appeal to the majority of the guest population.

Nemo14

Ok. So I guess I need to clear up a few things to at least correct some of the misleading information here.

First off, WDI is not located behind Mission:Space. It's across the street behind WOL.

Speaking of WOL, it has been rezoned for convention use only. Sorry, the Body Wars simulators were completely removed a year ago. The rooms are used for storage of Future World East attraction hehicle parts.

WoL.jpg

Imagination cannot be adapted for a ride like Pooh's Honey Hunt. That system calls for a completely level floor and Imagination has multi level areas through the entire building as the original ride was supposed to have "coaster-like" elements to it. In order to put in a ride like PHH they'd have to completely level the building and start from scatch. I've said this countless times over the years yet this still comes up here constantly.

Rats have infested the France Pavilion already but not as an attrction. The rat problem between Morocco and Canada has gotton out of control in the past few months. And no, cats are not released during the night to help with the problem.

My wish would be that they would completey gut Stupid Judy and work in something new over there. No one really goes over there anymore anyway. Also take the princesses out of Norway (turing the restaurant back into a Norwegian establishment) and put the ladies over in Odyssey giving them all the room the want for stroller parking while keeping out of everyone's way. Put Michael to rest for good and upgrade the Magic Eye Theater into an original attraction.

l post a nugget-of-joy of some upcoming projects for WDW. Each is a different project that dosn't relate to one another. This is merely something I put together to be a "hint" that I won't give answers to but have fun anyway!

Untitled-1_edited-1.jpg

Hmmm - Something's UP?

Nemo14

Yes I do know what World Showcase is about, however the 80s way of doing things doesn't work for today's Epcot. Character tie ins can work for the attractions and should be utilized when possible. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it fact. World showcase needs family friendly attractions that appeal to everyone in the family. The current films doesn't appeal to the majority of the guest population.

You know I find it pretty sad if you really can't enjoy World Showcase in its glory without having to have a cartoon reference in every country. It's not supposed to be the Magic Kingdom Part 2.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Ok. So I guess I need to clear up a few things to at least correct some of the misleading information here.

First off, WDI is not located behind Mission:Space. It's across the street behind WOL.

Speaking of WOL, it has been rezoned for convention use only. Sorry, the Body Wars simulators were completely removed a year ago. The rooms are used for storage of Future World East attraction hehicle parts.

WoL.jpg

Imagination cannot be adapted for a ride like Pooh's Honey Hunt. That system calls for a completely level floor and Imagination has multi level areas through the entire building as the original ride was supposed to have "coaster-like" elements to it. In order to put in a ride like PHH they'd have to completely level the building and start from scatch. I've said this countless times over the years yet this still comes up here constantly.

Rats have infested the France Pavilion already but not as an attrction. The rat problem between Morocco and Canada has gotton out of control in the past few months. And no, cats are not released during the night to help with the problem.

My wish would be that they would completey gut Stupid Judy and work in something new over there. No one really goes over there anymore anyway. Also take the princesses out of Norway (turing the restaurant back into a Norwegian establishment) and put the ladies over in Odyssey giving them all the room the want for stroller parking while keeping out of everyone's way. Put Michael to rest for good and upgrade the Magic Eye Theater into an original attraction.

l post a nugget-of-joy of some upcoming projects for WDW. Each is a different project that dosn't relate to one another. This is merely something I put together to be a "hint" that I won't give answers to but have fun anyway!

Untitled-1_edited-1.jpg
Not fair- I'm only good at "Four Pictures/One Word" because I Google every other answer.

aladdin2007

You know I find it pretty sad if you really can't enjoy World Showcase in its glory without having to have a cartoon reference in every country. It's not supposed to be the Magic Kingdom Part 2.

Exactly which is what it started turning into once Three Cabs were added to Mexico and the like, however its really far from a MK part 2 due to all the focus on drinking, and more drinking and more......Will be interesting to see if they do anything in Norway for the new animated feature Frozen.

FrankLapidus

World showcase needs family friendly attractions that appeal to everyone in the family. The current films doesn't appeal to the majority of the guest population.

That doesn't necessarily mean that film franchise and character tie-ins need to be brought in though, that appeal could be achieved through tapping into each country's culture and traditions or using their individual myths and folk tales for inspiration. The finished product isn't brilliant but Maelstrom had the right idea, taking a piece of Norwegian folklore and using it as the basis for an attraction. There is so much in each individual country that could be used to inspire original attractions that educate and entertain.

DVC4bestvacations

I've always said I'd like an east coast version for wdw

I've always said as long as there are people willing to wait for hours to see soarin there will be no make over. Why would they? to attract more riders???

$DIS should hire a team specifically to seek out corporations for sponsorship. They could budget x amount for the revamp of FW and go get the rest from sponsors. Imagine if they filled FW with killer attractions that actually deserved the name FW.

I'd be very suprised if Disney didn't have such a "team"

yensidtlaw1969

Untitled-1_edited-1.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that there's something to do with Moroccan Ice Cream and Floating Villas . . . ? Not the same project, I'd imagine. I know what I'd love for the Hub to represent, but I seem to recall hearing that TDO passed on it, so presumably something else is in the works.

Genie of the Lamp

I'll take a guess at the pictures @raven put up and say that it has to deal with a waterside restaurant coming to WS at EPCOT (maybe the USA/America pavilion, idk) or Disney Springs. Probably wrong though but worth a shot at guessing at.

wdwfan22

World Showcase is nothing more than a place to drink and eat. While I enjoy it, I hear families all the time complain that there isn't anything for the kids to do. I'm not saying that every attraction needs to have a character tie in, however the current attraction line up in World Showcase isn't enough and doesn't appeal to the majority.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom