Mystery in Disney World

Connor002

jesserin said:
Sounds like the two of you are in on it together - trying to throw us off your trails eh???

Hmm... you and Lizzy would make a great team if you were to focus your efforts on mischief...

jesserin

Connor002 said:
Hmm... you and Lizzy would make a great team if you were to focus your efforts on mischief...

she does look like she's up to something doesn't she... hmm... well, that's a whole different mystery (and frankly this one smells worse than yours!) :lol:

Siege898

jesserin said:
Sounds like the two of you are in on it together - trying to throw us off your trails eh???

I agree, we have two guilty here. Connor was only the accomplice though, not genius enough to think of it by himself. Until Pongo approached him one day...I'm gonna keep my eye out for you Connor and Pongo...

Connor002

Siege898 said:
I agree, we have two guilty here. Connor was only the accomplice though, not genius enough to think of it by himself. Until Pongo approached him one day...I'm gonna keep my eye out for you Connor and Pongo...

Luke is no mastermind when it comes to the dark arts...:drevil:

jesserin

Siege898 said:

:lol: ...:lookaroun (sorry Connor)

Hey, Connor's no dummy! :kiss:

New2WDW

All this buzz, but we seem to be missing.......SWOD "Silent Wind of Doom" He is holding to his name so far (silent)!

He must of dun it! He probably split town with that singing bust in the passenger seat zooming down the road! See his avatar with the sneaky ninja dude in front of.....:eek: ...what's that.....the Haunted Mansion!

SilentWindODoom

You know, I've been checking up on this all weekend, and there's barely been any change in the three pages, and when I get on tonight, there's 8 more. It's a shame I've missed all this. Heh, I was about to comment on not being accused, and maybe posting would be a bad idea since it would open me up to accusation, but then I read New2WDW's post.

Oh, and before I go further, I doubt the busts were wearing corsets. They don't really have enough torso to do so.

*puts on his Holmes hat and places a pipe firmly between his teeth*

Now, lets look at the facts. A bust has been taken, and a power drill was left behind with smudged writing, an "n" being the only clear letter. If this is in fact the name, and that name was spelt exactly as we see in the forums, E4ymod, Pluto, and Siege are all absolved. It is interesting, however, that our host said "smudged writing", and didn't specify a name.

If we were to look at the persons themselves, we may find some insight.

Joanna wants the HM cast member position, but stealing a bust doesn't sound like the way to get it, and it doesn't make sense to do that for revenge because someone else got it, because how does that hurt the person? Her motive seems a bit shaky, but her love for the mansion keeps her as a suspect.

Jesserin is 50 years old, and those busts are heavy, not to mention the perils of getting it in and out. I don't know how fit a 50-year-old she is, but it seems a daunting task. Also, there are a thousand easier things to get if you want a souveneir from the Mansion, including the Gracey Tombstone or pieces of the fountain and cart, all of which are outside, much easier to get to. Her motive is also shaky, but she's still a suspect for the same reason as Joanna.

Connor's obsession with the busts is interesting, and he would take them for private use, so it's less likely he'd be caught. Also, his age puts him at peak condition to pull something off like this. Could he possibly have done it?

Pongo is a construction worker, and therefore has the tool for the job. He also does refurb work on the mansion, so he has the ability to go in and out, not to mention the job giving him the strength to pull it all off.Yes, his pride might have caused him to succumb to the temptation.

E4ymod is a general fanatic, which makes him a prime suspect. A specific HM fanatic would love to have a bust, but would likely love the ride to much to take away such an integral part, while a general WDW fanatic may not think of this.

Pluto is right. He would be sufficiently flogged if he went to a HM convention with the bust (by the way, where are these conventions and why haven't I heard of them?), but his love for the busts may cause him to still take them for his own private use. He is definitely high on the list.

NightTimeWisher, the dark ride fanatic could have done it. He loves the rides, and yet, I think that one who loves dark rides so much would rather see the busts in their place, riding the mansion repeatedly, than see them in his home, without their singing faces. I'll have to see more evidence before I pass judgement on him.

New2WDW is a technology whiz, and is left in awe by the singing busts. However, being that he is a tech whiz, I think it is more likely that he would look it up on the internet and create the illusion on his own, rather than steal the bust only to find that it, in itself, is simply a bust; nothing more. I think he has one of the weakest motives, but he still might not be able to get the home-made project to work, and instead has opted to take the original to project on.

Last but not least: Seige. His love for the singing busts is great, but to steal one for his group? A 30-year-old member of a barbershop quartet seems highly unlikely to do such a thing, but all things are possible in Disney. Something doesn't seem to add up here, and I'll wait to pass judgement on him as well.

Yes, we have a motley crue indeed. As for me, does this really seem like something a daredevil would do? It's very... boring. Go in after dark, unscrew it, lug it out. Believe me, I've done much more exciting stuff in the park after the gates close.

Unfortunately, the next three days are my full days at school (as in until about 10), so my responses will likely be a bit scant until Friday. I still don't get why we're voting for the most innocent, but oh well. Hopefully we will see many more mysteries in our future!

pluto77

SilentWindODoom said:
Yes, we have a motley crue indeed. As for me, does this really seem like something a daredevil would do? It's very... boring. Go in after dark, unscrew it, lug it out. Believe me, I've done much more exciting stuff in the park after the gates close.
Sounds like you may have done something like this before.... And what exactly is this "more exciting stuff" that you have done after the gates close.

SilentWindODoom

pluto77 said:
Sounds like you may have done something like this before.... And what exactly is this "more exciting stuff" that you have done after the gates close.

Bitter because I said you were high on the list? I know what is involved in removing the bust the same way I know they're heavy: it's already been said by the others here, except for a few things which are common sense.

And I can't tell you what I do. It's so shocking your teeth would fall out.

New2WDW

I guess Silent Wind of Doom is silent no more! Good asumptions!

As far as the poll: It closes on 9:07 on the 16th! Is this in the AM or PM and will there be no more clues until that day! I have enjoyed this so far but I wish we could do the clues/polls faster.:sohappy: Is there a time zone differential or some holiday today.........O'yeah! By the way Happy Valentines Day to everyone

.....BUT YOU'RE ALL STILL GUILTY!!!:D

Fantasmic!kid

Original Poster
New2WDW said:

As far as the poll: It closes on 9:07 on the 16th! Is this in the AM or PM and will there be no more clues until that day! I have enjoyed this so far but I wish we could do the clues/polls faster.:sohappy: Is there a time zone differential or some holiday today.........O'yeah! By the way Happy Valentines Day to everyone

.....BUT YOU'RE ALL STILL GUILTY!!!:D
Well, I can do a clue tomorrow, regardless of the poll's end time. (Which is AM.)

New2WDW

Fantasmic!kid said:
3.) Every other day will be a Clue Day. I give a clue and you
start making accusations and predictions on the mystery.

4.) The other days will be Poll Days. I post a poll and you
vote on who think DID NOT do the crime.

Sorry about the misinterpretation, but I thought it meant clue yesterday, poll today, clue tomorrow, poll next day, then clue, then poll, etc.

Today is the 14th and the Poll closes on the 16th (2 days) So will another clue come out that morning? Or do we lay low :lookaroun til then and then re-emerge with accusations!!!:goodnevil

pluto77

SilentWindODoom said:
Bitter because I said you were high on the list? I know what is involved in removing the bust the same way I know they're heavy: it's already been said by the others here, except for a few things which are common sense.
:fork:

SilentWindODoom

New2WDW said:

Good assumptions... BECAUSE I SAID YOU WERE ONE OF THE LEAST LIKELY TO BE GUILTY?!?!?!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN.

But really, I'm probably reading waaaaay to much into this. Those were probably just things our host (... our... ghost host) wrote to give us characters, and I just went crazy with it.

But really, I guess I'll vote.

Thank goodness for CAD class. In a room with a bunch of computers, and I forget my thumb drive with all the drawings, so I was pretty much done with all I could do by 30 minutes in, so now, I get a chance to come on here. Huzzah!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom