MyMagic+, MagicBands and advance FastPass+ to be available to offsite day guests next week

ParentsOf4

How do they stop the system getting clogged up with fastpasses that people make 30 days out and then never come to park?
It's somewhat similar to the new ADR policy charging $10/guest for no-shows.

Your (for example) 7-day ticket has seven days worth of FP+ selections. If you make FP+ selections for one day and then fail to cancel them, you will lose a day of FP+ selections.

Cancel ahead of time and it opens up those selections to other guests who might want to change their selections.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I seriously don't understand the reasoning here from Disney. What is the perk of staying on property anymore?

Uhh.. all the stuff that existed before? All this does is change the FP+ 'perk' - something that has only been around recently anyway. So what made you want to stay at a Disney resort before 2013?

Fun times

I am finding it hard to play out my trip with all the changes. I have park hoppers for ten days. Two days before animal kingdom stay and one day after. I made a plan thinking I could not get advanced fastpasses for 3 days now I can get them 30 days out, great news but is going to change the way I planed things. I think the chances are high on some type of change for park hopping and or more then 3 fastpasses. Which would change my plan again.

Redhawk

Uhh.. all the stuff that existed before? All this does is change the FP+ 'perk' - something that has only been around recently anyway. So what made you want to stay at a Disney resort before 2013?
I don't know about George, but for me it was the EMH (which seem to still be in use), ease of transportation, Disney theming in the resorts and the actual resorts themselves.

Rob562

It's somewhat similar to the new ADR policy charging $10/guest for no-shows.

Your (for example) 7-day ticket has seven days worth of FP+ selections. If you make FP+ selections for one day and then fail to cancel them, you will lose a day of FP+ selections.

Cancel ahead of time and it opens up those selections to other guests who might want to change their selections.

Where has it been said that people lose FP+ if they reserve and then don't cancel and don't use?
Or are you just putting out an idea that could potentially be implemented?

-Rob

cw1982

- an extra 30 days to make FP+ - that's going to make a big difference
- congestion at park kiosks should be reduced, they had to do this, it is getting ridiculous
- if offsite guests want Magicbands, they will need to shell out $15 per person (extra revenue for Disney)

This had to be implemented before they can roll out park hopping and different levels or extra FP+ based on onsite/offsite, etc.

So you think that park hopping or extra FP+ may be the next step, or one of the next steps? I hope so...

kap91

I wonder why Disney shows as much loyalty to its Annual Passholders as it does to people staying at the Red Roof Inn? Bit of a slap in the face, don't you think? How about on-site 60 days, AP 30 days, Red Roof Inn 7 days?
Doesn't exactly seem like a slap in the face to me but I like what you're suggesting.

JohnD

So you think that park hopping or extra FP+ may be the next step, or one of the next steps? I hope so...

My theory is that "Phase 1" will now be complete. Then they start a "Phase 2" cycle all over again--resort guests, AP holders, off-site--for park hopping/extra FP+ in whatever way that may materialize. Edit: Add removing tiers to that list.

Last edited:

JohnD

I seriously don't understand the reasoning here from Disney. What is the perk of staying on property anymore? That I have an extra 30 days to pre-plan all of my stuff? Why should I stay on property if I can save a ton of cash by staying elsewhere and getting near the same perks? I will seriously consider starting to stay off property depending on how far Disney continues to go to downgrade everything for the average guest staying on property. It's not feeling so magical anymore.

I can think of four reasons for on-site vs. off-site.
  1. EMH
  2. 60 days instead of 30 for FP+
  3. "Free" MB included instead of paying extra for an MB.
  4. Disney transportation
But that doesn't necessarily means it's a "must-do". Each person will have their own reasons for staying on- or off-site. For off-site, obviously, cost will be an overriding factor.

JohnD

It's interesting that AP holders and off-site guests will have the same booking window, but not too surprising. After all, I can't imagine that the average AP holder spends nearly as much per visit as a family staying at a WDW resort. The on-site guests might purchase a dining plan, a photo package, multiple souvenirs, and (without a doubt) they're paying a higher ticket cost per day.

Being lumped with the off-site guests seems like a significant disadvantage to me, since it means a lot of people will be fighting for Soarin'/TSM 30 days out. Obviously the goal is to push more people on property (so Disney can increase its 'wallet share'), but it could very easily backfire as passholders feel increasingly overlooked.

The way I see it, here is what you get for resort, AP, off-site
  • Resort: 60 day window, FP+ for length of stay (assumes valid park admission each day), MB "included"
  • AP: 30 day rolling window, FP+ for no more than 7 consecutive days, MB "included"
  • Off-site: 30 day rolling window, FP+ for number of days on tickets, MB costs extra

cw1982

Part of me wonders how likely this will be to make it more difficult to change FP+ attraction choices the day of? My 60 day window starts next week... what I think I'm going to want to do on the last day of my trip that is two months away very well may change between now and then. I get that, to an extent, this won't change anything because those people would have been the ones at the kiosks first thing in the morning anyway, but still... adds an extra layer of anxiety nonetheless. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as I think it is... and if that's the case, please set me straight on this. Not that I'm over here sobbing or anything like that... like I said, just makes me a little more anxious.

kap91

Part of me wonders how likely this will be to make it more difficult to change FP+ attraction choices the day of? My 60 day window starts next week... what I think I'm going to want to do on the last day of my trip that is two months away very well may change between now and then. I get that, to an extent, this won't change anything because those people would have been the ones at the kiosks first thing in the morning anyway, but still... adds an extra layer of anxiety nonetheless. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as I think it is... and if that's the case, please set me straight on this. Not that I'm over here sobbing or anything like that... like I said, just makes me a little more anxious.
The availability of attractions has been surprisingly good so I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

cw1982

The availability of attractions has been surprisingly good so I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Good to know, but with my trip being the first week of June and sandwiched between two Star Wars weekends, I'm not sure that will still be the case. But you're right... no need to worry yet.

stephkd

Is there any official confirmation directly from WDW? After reading the article here I just called with a few questions. We will be visiting beginning May 3, so we will only have a couple of days between a March 31 roll out and April 3 starting our 30 day window...and the CM that I talked to was not aware of MB and FP+ becoming available to off-site guests anytime soon..

Rob562

Is there any official confirmation directly from WDW? After reading the article here I just called with a few questions. We will be visiting beginning May 3, so we will only have a couple of days between a March 31 roll out and April 3 starting our 30 day window...and the CM that I talked to was not aware of MB and FP+ becoming available to off-site guests anytime soon..

Has Disney officially put out a statement saying that it'll start on Monday? Not that I'm aware of. Though there were reports that Disney told travel agents that FP+ was coming for off-site Guests "in the near future".

But knowing the connections that Steve and this site have, if he posted it as an official news item like he did today, he's extremely confident that it will actually happen. (It's also been proven many times for many different subjects that this site often knows about things happening in WDW well before 90% of the cast knows it...)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom