MyMagic+, MagicBands and advance FastPass+ to be available to offsite day guests next week

ToTBellHop

What I think is that that line of reasoning ("I'm better", "I'm more loyal", "I deserve something") is what led Disneyland CMs to coin the term "Passhole"...

If I need park-hopper admission to the parks for two 8 or 9 day trips, the AP is my best option. Disney doesn't "owe" me anything for buying the admission media that is most economic for what I'm going to use it for.

FP+ puts Guests on a level playing field, regardless of admission media, and rewards those who stay on-site by giving them a larger window to use it. I think that's entirely fair.

-Rob
Are you referring to the same Passholes who demanded higher standards at the Disneyland Resort than what we have at WDW? Damn those jerks and their high standards. Why can't they just be happy with new toilets and Dyson Airblades?

myrddin12

Where has it been said that people lose FP+ if they reserve and then don't cancel and don't use?
Or are you just putting out an idea that could potentially be implemented?

-Rob
I think he means that if you don't cancel them, you are still at your limit for the day so can't just go get other ones. So it's a use or lose proposition.

Rob562

Are you referring to the same Passholes who demanded higher standards at the Disneyland Resort than what we have at WDW? Damn those jerks and their high standards. Why can't they just be happy with new toilets and Dyson Airblades?

You're talking about two different things.

There's a difference between wanting a good experience for everyone who visits the park, and Guests wanting to be treated better simply because of the type of ticket they buy.

I'm right up there with wanting clean parks, well-maintained attractions and facilities, *new* cutting-edge attractions, more live entertainment. Those are things that benefit *all* Guests.
I *don't* think that I should be rewarded just for buying an Annual Pass.

As soon as you start thinking of yourself as being a better or more important visitor in the parks who should get something different than the person on a budget who buys a base MYW ticket and stays at the hotel two miles down the road, your mindset is in the wrong place.

-Rob

ToTBellHop

You're talking about two different things.

There's a difference between wanting a good experience for everyone who visits the park, and Guests wanting to be treated better simply because of the type of ticket they buy.

I'm right up there with wanting clean parks, well-maintained attractions and facilities, *new* cutting-edge attractions, more live entertainment. Those are things that benefit *all* Guests.
I *don't* think that I should be rewarded just for buying an Annual Pass.

As soon as you start thinking of yourself as being a better or more important visitor in the parks who should get something different than the person on a budget who buys a base MYW ticket and stays at the hotel two miles down the road, your mindset is in the wrong place.

-Rob
Then I must just be a jerk lol. Because, yes, I do believe there should be certain perks for me over someone who thinks Universal is a Disney park. And there are special things for me. Personally, I don't care one way or the other about FP+ as I have an AP but live in New England, so when I visit the parks, I am always also staying on site. I feel bad for how APs who do not stay on site have been treated throughout the MyMagic+ rollout. Most companies have some sort of loyalty program for their most loyal customers. I guess that's my Disney Visa...and slight AP resort discounts :)

I hear tell of better benefits for APs in the past.

vacationarchitect

Although I am not planning to go to a park on 30 of April ( 30 days out from today), I gave it a spin on the site. As a change since last night, I can now start making FP+ selections for my WILL CALL tickets.

We will be going 4.5. and I will be doing my reservations later this week. I am glad the roll-out schedule did meet our vacation schedule perfectly! Happy FP+ booking to everyone!

vacationarchitect

We are staying offsite.
Purchased tickets in January for party of 7. Linked tickets to MDE already then and have checked the FP+ part of the site frequently.

Previously, it did not let me select any days, informing me that none of the party was in the elegible FP+ window (I have also prevously played around with dates and plans).
Now I can select a day in the 30 days window and start the FP selection dialog.

vacationarchitect

Just to clarify, we are staying non-Disney offsite, private holiday home rental with self catering. There is no link between tickets and accommodation.

This only works via website, the app on the ipad does not let me reserve FP+.

Last edited:

Sesuit2

I seriously don't understand the reasoning here from Disney. What is the perk of staying on property anymore? That I have an extra 30 days to pre-plan all of my stuff? Why should I stay on property if I can save a ton of cash by staying elsewhere and getting near the same perks? I will seriously consider starting to stay off property depending on how far Disney continues to go to downgrade everything for the average guest staying on property. It's not feeling so magical anymore.
I agree with you...the magic is slowly going the way of the $$. We are DVC members and annual pass holders as well. As a DVC member, we had some great "perks" (discounts at a variety of places, free Wifi, and Etc). Slowly, they but all disappeared and are offered to others. We pay hefty dues each year, to support the very resorts that those with the 60 day window for Fast Pass plus get... yet we get only a 30 day window! Are we upset, you bet. Did we like the fact that we were next to "last" in the groups getting the band, you bet! Do we like having to get our bands in the mail, instead of at the parks while using our DVC for our vacation, you bet! Is it all worth it...NO NO NO. We are seriously thinking of not renewing our Pass next year....selling our DVC membership...possibly.....and putting our hard earned money for a better purpose. And yes, for those doubters...we spend just like anyone else while in the parks and at the resorts...we DO feel like 2nd class citizens...you bet! Shame, shame on Disney for not even recognizing the DVC is some small special way. You don't appreciate our yearly contributions, maybe some place else will. Walt never envisioned this treatment.

Rob562

I agree with you...the magic is slowly going the way of the $$. We are DVC members and annual pass holders as well. As a DVC member, we had some great "perks" (discounts at a variety of places, free Wifi, and Etc). Slowly, they but all disappeared and are offered to others. We pay hefty dues each year, to support the very resorts that those with the 60 day window for Fast Pass plus get... yet we get only a 30 day window! Are we upset, you bet. Did we like the fact that we were next to "last" in the groups getting the band, you bet! Do we like having to get our bands in the mail, instead of at the parks while using our DVC for our vacation, you bet! Is it all worth it...NO NO NO. We are seriously thinking of not renewing our Pass next year....selling our DVC membership...possibly.....and putting our hard earned money for a better purpose. And yes, for those doubters...we spend just like anyone else while in the parks and at the resorts...we DO feel like 2nd class citizens...you bet! Shame, shame on Disney for not even recognizing the DVC is some small special way. You don't appreciate our yearly contributions, maybe some place else will. Walt never envisioned this treatment.

I'm confused by many of your complaints...

When you're staying at a DVC resort, you get Magic Bands for that stay. Yes, if you happened to be at WDW when the AP Bands rolled out to you you'd have to wait until they came in the mail, but the Band you get from having an AP isn't really anything special compared to the other Bands. It's just one additional one.

You also get access to FP+ at the 60-day window when staying at a DVC resort. The 30-day window for AP holders only applies to those who *aren't* staying on-site.

Also, maintenance fees paid on your points to DVC are for the upkeep of the DVC property that your points are for. I don't know the specific legal issues, but the way timeshares work in general I don't think Disney can use those funds for any other purpose. Your maintenance fees aren't going into the upkeep, support and benefits of other Disney hotels...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom