MyMagic+ Efficiency Update

dadddio

How many times do you need to be told that the acknowledgements have all been made as of right now there will be no FastPass+ selections held for day of reservations? That availability will only be what has not been previously reserved.
I guess I need more than fanboy speculation and faux insider posturing.

How do you explain the T&C if they are not going to be offered? How do you explain the reason for allowing additional same-day FPs in every single test?

lazyboy97o

How do you explain the T&C if they are not going to be offered? How do you explain the reason for allowing additional same-day FPs in every single test?
The terms and conditions say nothing about Disney holding back an allotment for same day.

Probably because it is not worth the money and effort to upgrade the machines to work with FastPass+ since they are going to be done away with.

dadddio

No it is not. That is people's concern, that the entire allotment will be reserved before the day starts.
There are two issues. The first is whether a person will be able to prereserve three FPs AND be able to select FPs 'same-day'. The second is whether or not there will be 'good' same day FPs available either for someone who did not prereserve FPs or someone who did. Your question as to whether any FP slots will be 'held back' for same-day use is an off-shoot of this second issue.

The first issue is the more important one, in my opinion, because if there are no additional FPs available 'same-day', then a person would just make sure to prereserve the three good ones ahead of time. The second issue frankly depends on a number of things that we frankly cannot know until FP+ goes live, in my opinion.

Where did I say they were? How is that even relevant?
I don't know how it's relevant. You're the one who tied in paper FP machines to this issue.

luv

The first issue is the more important one, in my opinion, because if there are no additional FPs available 'same-day', then a person would just make sure to prereserve the three good ones ahead of time.
Can you imagine any way that a person might not have reserved them ahead of time? Is it possible that this could lead to disappointment?

WDW-LUVR

I've been reading all your post, as we are heading home in just 19 days. My family has chosen to participate in the test of the MagicBands and so excited to do so. I have warned everyone that there are bugs and they need to be worked out which is why we are participating in the testing phase. No matter what bugs we may come across I will make the most of them and not let have a negative impact on my family or our trip. It's all what what you make it. My husband works for a company that services gas stations and anyone that works in the petroleum industry know when they roll out new software, a new upgrade, or a new device, there are bugs, unseen bugs and they have to be addressed as they happen. They may look at it and say "ok if I add this file or do this it will fix it," so they add that file or do that and another bug a curs. then they may say "alright we'll reload it and that should fix them" so they reload it and the whole thing just pukes. Seeing first hand what they may be going through, I'm a little more sympathetic with them, and don't envy them at all. Even with the cast members it must be very frustrating for them to have a system that's not running up to par. But I will say with all the sympathy I do have for them I will not tolerate them to treat me in any unDisney way.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Right where?

That simply stated that when FP+ goes live, you will be able to prereserve 3 FPs and you won't be able to use the paper FP system. It doesn't make any statement about obtaining additional same-day FPs through the virtual system.
You can't obtain more than 3 if you have already reserved your amount. When you said same day, it seemed as if you were referring to the paper fastpasses. You were not very clear.

Nevertheless, the system allows you to change your FP the day of, so obviously some will be available. However, just like with dining, it's kinda hard to get a reservation for Le Cellier or Be Our Guest, on the day of. Those are all reserved ahead of time. It's not speculation, as much as inevitability, that the FPs available for same day will not be very plentiful for popular attractions. Heck even in the test, we went down to the front desk to reserve our FPs because our app could not synch our rooms. We went down at 11am and Toy Story Midway Mania was already sold out. And that's during a test of only 4 resorts. Imagine when everyone can book 60 days in advance...

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

The system is not live yet. People not testing the bands are still using the machines to get FP's which allows the "testers" access to them as well. If Disney had to design a program that doesnt allow "testers" access to the FP machines it would probly screw with the system, which seems to have enough problems as is. Throw in the fact that it can only make the "testers" experience more enjoyable and thereby promoting them to give more positive feedback on the test when they are asked about it. That makes more sense than them coming out and saying "no day of FP will be available when the sytems goes live" which could impact how people view it in its current testing state. When the system goes live and you are NOT able to get day of FP's, nincompoops such as yourself will be left dumbfounded even though you were told this would happen.

This is just my 'fanboi' speculation, which you would have every right to call me that. however, some of the 'faux insiders' as you like to call them have proven themselves to be extremely reliable yet you dismiss their offerings without a second thought. What information have you provided to that shows there will be same day FP available when it goes live, other than Disney not flat out saying it (which they wont). And in case your thinking you will be able to reserve more than three FP's with your band if there are any FP's left for the day that is silly. Why would Disney say you only get 3 per day per park but then allow you to reserve more on the 'day of'? There would be no need to ever state you only get 3 if that is the case.

Well, we check in to the Boardwalk Villas in about three weeks. Not sure if I should be disappointed that BWV is not included in the next round of testing, or relieved that I can't make a choice to participate that I might end up regretting.

dadddio

You can't obtain more than 3 if you have already reserved your amount. When you said same day, it seemed as if you were referring to the paper fastpasses. You were not very clear.
What if you use one of your three?
Nevertheless, the system allows you to change your FP the day of, so obviously some will be available. However, just like with dining, it's kinda hard to get a reservation for Le Cellier or Be Our Guest, on the day of. Those are all reserved ahead of time. It's not speculation, as much as inevitability, that the FPs available for same day will not be very plentiful for popular attractions. Heck even in the test, we went down to the front desk to reserve our FPs because our app could not synch our rooms. We went down at 11am and Toy Story Midway Mania was already sold out. And that's during a test of only 4 resorts. Imagine when everyone can book 60 days in advance...
TSMM being out of FPs at 11am isn't really a result of FP+, is it?

The reality is that once FP+ is operational, you will likely have an easier time getting FPs to this attraction because we will all be limited to one per attraction per day, so you won't have to deal with FP 'abusers' like me riding that ride four or five times with FPs. It should also be noted that the SB line will likely run faster since those FP 'abusers' like me, will likely not wait in a long SB line if they have FPed the ride once.

dadddio

The system is not live yet. People not testing the bands are still using the machines to get FP's which allows the "testers" access to them as well. If Disney had to design a program that doesnt allow "testers" access to the FP machines it would probly screw with the system, which seems to have enough problems as is. Throw in the fact that it can only make the "testers" experience more enjoyable and thereby promoting them to give more positive feedback on the test when they are asked about it. That makes more sense than them coming out and saying "no day of FP will be available when the sytems goes live" which could impact how people view it in its current testing state. When the system goes live and you are NOT able to get day of FP's, nincompoops such as yourself will be left dumbfounded even though you were told this would happen.

This is just my 'fanboi' speculation, which you would have every right to call me that. however, some of the 'faux insiders' as you like to call them have proven themselves to be extremely reliable yet you dismiss their offerings without a second thought. What information have you provided to that shows there will be same day FP available when it goes live, other than Disney not flat out saying it (which they wont).
The T&C. You should take a few minutes and actually read them.
And in case your thinking you will be able to reserve more than three FP's with your band if there are any FP's left for the day that is silly. Why would Disney say you only get 3 per day per park but then allow you to reserve more on the 'day of'? There would be no need to ever state you only get 3 if that is the case.
They actually didn't say that you would only get three FPs. They said that you would be able to prereserve three. Forum speculation and people's natural unwillingness to actually read for themselves led us to this 'only get three' mentality.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The T&C. You should take a few minutes and actually read them.
They actually didn't say that you would only get three FPs. They said that you would be able to prereserve three. Forum speculation and people's natural unwillingness to actually read for themselves led us to this 'only get three' mentality.
So your basing your hypothesis on what it DOES NOT SAY? or does it actually say there WILL be additional FP's you can reserve on your smart phone day of?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is from the Disney website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/fast-pass-plus/number-reservations/

FastPass+ – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
How many FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment am I allowed to make during my entire vacation?

A.
The total number of FastPass+ experiences available to you during your visit depends on several factors including availability and the vacation packages and tickets linked to your Disney account. Generally, FastPass+ eligible Guests are able to select one set of FastPass+ experiences each day for every valid theme park ticket linked to their account.
Depending on availability, you should be able to make up to 3 FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment each day at one theme park <---------- <------------

It says it right there: UP TO 3 Fastpass+ selections. The term "UP TO" indicates your LIMIT of FP+ selections. Im sure you would like to focus on what it does not say though. It does not say that I cant cut in front of everybody in line at Space Mountain so I will go ahead and do that. It doesnt say I cant take cash out of the registers in Mouse Gears, I guess I can do that as well. It does not say I cant kick strollers out of the way, Im gonna let er rip then!

wogwog

I see a lot of pro and con opinions on MM minus on this thread. Thought it only appropriate to share a "note" to cast members at WDW in the latest in house cast magazine I was given today. It was quite long and I have edited it for space considerations. Taking out some puff comments toward cast for hard work and making this all "magical " and such. I am giving just a bit of the note in hope of not violating any copywrite issuse that may be in place. If a Disney cast member knows the reprint policy maybe they can post more but this will give you an idea what they are being told about the tests. This is the upper management spin of course.

"... Guest testing of MyMagic+ is under way.

MyMagic+ is the next generation of the Guest experience, and
with it we are taking another step forward to evolve “how” people
experience our parks by making it easier than ever before for Guests
to have the best possible Walt Disney World vacation.

Thanks to this summer’s testing period, we know that we are on
the right track. Thus far, Guests who tested MyMagic+ have
overwhelmingly indicated that using My Disney Experience, making
FastPass+ selections, and using MagicBands made their experience
even better. One of my favorite quotes came from a Disney Vacation
Club Member who said that MyMagic+ had “given me my vacation
back” because she could relax knowing that her family’s favorite
experiences were planned.... ."

dadddio

So your basing your hypothesis on what it DOES NOT SAY? or does it actually say there WILL be additional FP's you can reserve on your smart phone day of?
No. I'm basing my hypothesis firmly on what the T&C does say. Others are basing theirs on what has been said in the official FP+ releases, but are misstating what those releases say, as was done in this thread just a page or so back.

bethyberry

I did online check in a few days ago (kind- of worried as its our first family trip to Disney) and then I noticed I had the option to customize our wristbands online. Tonight I saw the option to add Fastpass+ to our reservations via the MDE app, so I did - hope it all works out! We are staying at The Contemporary so maybe that's how I was given the option?

luv

What if you use one of your three?
TSMM being out of FPs at 11am isn't really a result of FP+, is it?

The reality is that once FP+ is operational, you will likely have an easier time getting FPs to this attraction because we will all be limited to one per attraction per day, so you won't have to deal with FP 'abusers' like me riding that ride four or five times with FPs. It should also be noted that the SB line will likely run faster since those FP 'abusers' like me, will likely not wait in a long SB line if they have FPed the ride once.
They have created longer waits on more rides to make this seem like a great idea.

However, now that they've increased your wait for, say, SSE, that longer wait eats into the time you saved not waiting in line for Mission Space.

I honestly wonder if we will all end up spending more time in lines than before. Where a FP used to mean a quick ride on Space, it now means a quick ride on Space, but a longer wait for HM.

I'm eager to hear how this all shakes out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom