MyMagic+ Efficiency Update

dadddio

I think it will be limited to Disney hotel guests. I think - and I've thought this since YOAMD came out - that Disney has done their best to copy Uni's FOTL thing.

Like Uni, they may throw AP holders a bone. They may even make FPP available to everyone if they want to pay for it (though I doubt it.) Only Disney hotel guests will be given the FPP.

Disney has even said that they're hoping it will raise room revenue.

If you think about all of Disney actions over the last ten or fifteen years, does it seem likely that they would spend a billion dollars to improve the guest experience? Seems unlikely, given the long list of skimping and cutbacks. Kind of a "One of these things is not like the others" deal.

Disney is thinking people will want this so much that they'll stay in Disney hotels (maybe even pay more for Deluxe) just to get it. Maybe they're right. Maybe people will.

But it isn't official yet. I can't say, for certain, that you're wrong. We will have to see when Disney announces it...or when we figure out that it's been implemented without an official announcement, which is also possible. If they really have faith in it, an announcement will come.
They have specifically stated that FP+/MM+ is for all guests. The only thing that differs for off-site guests is that they would not automagically receive the band (unless they were AP holders or photo package purchasers). Still, these off-site guests can purchase bands if they wish.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Just because the castmember believes that the middle initial caused the problem does not make it so. The fact is, it makes no sense that it was the problem.

No actually, hyper tech (the experts on MM+), the manager overseeing the front desk, and the cast member all denoted that this was the issue. And that it was a known issue.

Believe what you want. I can't really explain it any differently to you. If it doesn't make sense to you, there isn't much more to say.

asianway

No actually, hyper tech (the experts on MM+), the manager overseeing the front desk, and the cast member all denoted that this was the issue. And that it was a known issue.

Believe what you want. I can't really explain it any differently to you. If it doesn't make sense to you, there isn't much more to say.
Disney is magical, and can do no wrong - get with the program!

dadddio

The key is Disney is allowing the MM+ Guests to use regular FP during test as a way of buying a good review, Now a fair test would be MB only Methinks you would have quite a different view of system
Given that the T&C suggest that additional same-day FPs will be available when the new system goes live and the company has never made any statement suggesting that they wouldn't, it seems that the fact that the tests allow these additional FPs to 1) would strengthen the argument that they will be available when the product goes live and 2) would give a more accurate test review, not a less accurate one.

dadddio

I agree that for first time visitors, the immensity of the parks can be a bit daunting. And a lot of families don't like separating to get FPs and the hassle to find good parade seats, etc. Sometimes as veteran Disney goers, you lose touch of how it was to be a newbie, since you know all the secrets and the parks like the back of your hand.

Though while FP has been a success, I think it has been a greater success to those who can, so to speak, "work the system" Those people who know exactly when and where to get FPs, and use maybe 5 or 6 a day, at multiple parks. I think now though, FP+ is taking that advantage away.
Correct. It takes the advantage away from the few of us who actively 'worked the system', but it increases the number of guests that get a benefit from FP. Bad for me, good for the bulk of guests.
Now someone who was great with the old system, now is limited to 3 a day in one park. It hampers park hopping and reduces the number of FPs per day. As a first timer, I can see how making all your reservations weeks in advance can potentially make your vacation less hectic. However for a veteran, annual passholder, this really cramps the ability to simply go into the parks for a day. FPs for Soarin might have been out a week ago, and now you're going to have to stand in a long line.

While you are correct I didn't hear anyone talking about the fantastic times they had waiting in 90 min lines at Splash Mountain, I didn't remember any complaints either. I think that was because the line was in continuous motion. What makes lines artificially longer today is the FP system, and the lines sometimes seem to never move, because FPs are being received at the front. I think FP+, increasing the amount of FP stations throughout the parks, will only increase this issue. The 3 rides you get a FP+ for will be great, however the rides that you don't have FPs for probably will have longer lines. And those 3 FP+ you get may not be for the rides you want, at the times you want, unless of course you reserve them 60 days in advance.

For some reason I don't have an issue with making ADRs months in advance. But for some reason, forcing me to choose what time I want to do 3 attractions per day 2 months ahead of time seems like our vacation is becoming too constrained. And of course we could choose to not make AFPs, but then we run the risk of them selling out and waiting hours for rides that we could have gotten a FP for. It just seems to go in a circle, at least in my view.
The bulk of your post is based on the speculation that there we will not be able to obtain additional same-day FPs, even though the company has never stated this and the T&C suggest that we will.

dadddio

I know Disney has said it won't happen, but I keep hoping they will keep the paper FP and allow it to be used as testers are currently. Use FP+ to pre-book 3 rides, but have regular FP available for in park, same day, whatever is left in the FP "pool". Some rides may have few to none left, but at least it would be an option for slower times of the year and some of the rides.
They don't have to keep the paper system to allow for additional same-day FPs.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The bulk of your post is based on the speculation that there we will not be able to obtain additional same-day FPs, even though the company has never stated this and the T&C suggest that we will.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/mymagic-plus-faq/
What is FASTPASS+?

FASTPASS+ will, to some degree, replace or supplement paper FASTPASS tickets. FASTPASS+ will be obtained via the My Disney Experience app and will be stored on the MagicBand. Guests will be able to “redeem” their FASTPASS+ by swiping it against an RFID reader outside applicable attractions. When MyMagic+ launches to the general public, guests will be able to book 3 FASTPASS+ tickets in advance of their vacation (so, from home) at scheduled times. This will spell the end of the morning Toy Story Mania FASTPASS dash!

If guests do not have My Disney Experience accounts, they will not be able to utilize FASTPASS+.

How will FASTPASS+ work?

Much like Advance Dining Reservations, guests will be able to select three “preferred experiences” (current FASTPASS attractions, new attractions that will be added to the FASTPASS+ lineup, and reserved seating for shows/parades) 60 days from arrival, plus 10 days with a Walt Disney World resort hotel reservation. Guests then select time slot preferences (morning, mid-day, late, or all day) to receive their time assignment. All selections must be in the same park, so guests who parkhop will essentially be doing their non-FASTPASS+ park entirely via standby.

Guests utilizing FASTPASS+ will not be eligible for paper FASTPASSes.

^ Right there.

C.FERNIE

Okay got very excited that we just booked our holiday for next year and so I wanted to log in to the my Disney experience online and see how it goes... to find.... everything I click on is "
Server Is Busy
Sorry, but the server is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or scheduled downtime. Please try again later."
anyone else having this problem?

luv

They have specifically stated that FP+/MM+ is for all guests. The only thing that differs for off-site guests is that they would not automagically receive the band (unless they were AP holders or photo package purchasers). Still, these off-site guests can purchase bands if they wish.
If they really gave the impression that access to FP would continue to be equal for all people and that staying in a WDW hotel wouldn't get you more...I think they lied.

If you believe Disney and trust them to tell the truth, I think you'll be disappointed.

jback93

I am currently booked at POFQ in late Sept and am considering switching to PORS to be closer to friends traveling with us. They are part of the Magicband testing. Does anyone know if I switch my reservation if my party would be eligible too? I'm assuming the testing is open for all guests at the resort?

TRONorail10

Really? I'd like to see where these stats are coming from, because in the first hand accounts I've read on boards like this and twitter (granted they are more qualitative and limited in nature, and may not project to the entire universe) I've only seen a handful of people that didn't need to take multiple trips to the front desk or guest relations to figure out issues with their accounts. It almost appears that those that have a relatively smooth trip are against the norm. I'll find out first hand in a week how well this roll-out is going, and if all goes smooth i'll come back and say as much, if not i'd love to chat with you and find out if my issues were against the norm as well.

I haven't see any stats, but by observing all of the posts on this website, it seems that most of the people who post on here like to focus on all of the negatives on Disney. If I have a great time at WDW, I don't need to go brag about it, but if I have a bad time, I'm going to make sure I complain about it, even on a website forum.

lazyboy97o

Given that the T&C suggest that additional same-day FPs will be available when the new system goes live and the company has never made any statement suggesting that they wouldn't, it seems that the fact that the tests allow these additional FPs to 1) would strengthen the argument that they will be available when the product goes live and 2) would give a more accurate test review, not a less accurate one.
How many times do you need to be told that the acknowledgements have all been made as of right now there will be no FastPass+ selections held for day of reservations? That availability will only be what has not been previously reserved.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Just look at the comments section from people in/under the Garcia article. It does not look like 80% are excited about MM+. Those are people who are NOT on these boards yet they are questioning the same things we are. Security, being forced to plan too much, exactly what data are they obtaining, lack of info. from Disney, etc, etc. For Disney to claim most of the negativity is coming from the small % of fans in online forums such as this seems to be proven wrong right there in black and white.

And for the life of me, WHY, OH WHY when someone points out a flaw of WDW are they labelled as only seeing the "negative", or a doom and gloomer? I can only assume the ones that are labeling us are people that never visited WDW in the 80's or 90's and were never a witness to how much more MAGICAL it truly was back then. There were fewer attractions, NO FP at all, no New Fantasyland, no dining plan. Just well trained CM's, well maintained attractions and an extremely clean park. Thats the WDW many of us fell in love with. I want my children to be able to fall in love with it as I did. We are NOT being negative about Disney World, we are sighting that the ones in charge of Disney World have their collective heads up their greedy A**.

WDWFanDave

And for the life of me, WHY, OH WHY when someone points out a flaw of WDW are they labelled as only seeing the "negative", or a doom and gloomer? I can only assume the ones that are labeling us are people that never visited WDW in the 80's or 90's and were never a witness to how much more MAGICAL it truly was back then. There were fewer attractions, NO FP at all, no New Fantasyland, no dining plan. Just well trained CM's, well maintained attractions and an extremely clean park. Thats the WDW many of us fell in love with. I want my children to be able to fall in love with it as I did. We are NOT being negative about Disney World, we are sighting that the ones in charge of Disney World have their collective heads up their greedy A**.

I think sometimes our collective constructive criticism is thought to be doom & gloom/negativity. Unless you had the pleasure of going there when things were so different and, IMO better, then it's hard to understand.

And, I know it wasn't just because I was young at the time. My parents weren't...and always felt that WDW was one of the finest places to vacation...not only could you almost feel the 'magic' in the air, but the place was clean (the CMs almost seemed fanatical about it), the food was decent and reasonably priced, and it was fairly affordable on a somewhat average, or even below-average, income.

So, the 'negativity' that some just don't seem to understand...well, for the most part, I think it's driven by our desire for WDW to stand up and get back to basics. We love the place, and we want everyone else to as well. And, we really want it to be what we know it can be...

1,000 likes for you :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I think sometimes our collective constructive criticism is thought to be doom & gloom/negativity. Unless you had the pleasure of going there when things were so different and, IMO better, then it's hard to understand.

And, I know it wasn't just because I was young at the time. My parents weren't...and always felt that WDW was one of the finest places to vacation...not only could you almost feel the 'magic' in the air, but the place was clean (the CMs almost seemed fanatical about it), the food was decent and reasonably priced, and it was fairly affordable on a somewhat average, or even below-average, income.

So, the 'negativity' that some just don't seem to understand...well, for the most part, I think it's driven by our desire for WDW to stand up and get back to basics. We love the place, and we want everyone else to as well. And, we really want it to be what we know it can be...

1,000 likes for you :)
I guess its kind of a gift AND a curse to have been able to visit back then and see WDW in such a glorious (and affordable) state.
I used to think I just remembered it being better because I was a child and was fascinated by everything in WDW. But I remember learning at a young age how Disney was the standard of how coorporations should be run. As I grew older and neared the age of being able to get a job my parents would harp on how Disneys customer service was second to none and I could learn a thing or two from how they conducted themselves.

Talk to my parents nowadays and its another story. They visit WDW but only to be there with the grandkids, they dont visit on their own anymore because the decline has been enough for them to not enjoy it knowing what it once was. And they are both extremely well comupter/technically oriented and could care less about MM+ . I guess that makes them doom and gloomers. but when I explained the difference between doom and gloomers and pixie dusters to her (she lurks on these forums occasionally). She chuckled and said "they dont know what REAL pixie dust was like back then or else they would be doom and gloomers". I love asking her about Disney after she has had a few glasses of wine. She gets FIRED UP and will go on a tangent. It's awesome.

Last edited:

doctornick

I know Disney has said it won't happen, but I keep hoping they will keep the paper FP and allow it to be used as testers are currently. Use FP+ to pre-book 3 rides, but have regular FP available for in park, same day, whatever is left in the FP "pool". Some rides may have few to none left, but at least it would be an option for slower times of the year and some of the rides.

I keep hoping for it to, but I picture it being electronic, not paper. Not worth it for them to maintain the paper FP machines, but there could easily do virtual "day of" FP+ where you can add additional FP+ to your allotment of 3 while you are in the park -- either at a FP+ or with your smartphone being recognized as being in the park.

dadddio

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/mymagic-plus-faq/
What is FASTPASS+?

FASTPASS+ will, to some degree, replace or supplement paper FASTPASS tickets. FASTPASS+ will be obtained via the My Disney Experience app and will be stored on the MagicBand. Guests will be able to “redeem” their FASTPASS+ by swiping it against an RFID reader outside applicable attractions. When MyMagic+ launches to the general public, guests will be able to book 3 FASTPASS+ tickets in advance of their vacation (so, from home) at scheduled times. This will spell the end of the morning Toy Story Mania FASTPASS dash!

If guests do not have My Disney Experience accounts, they will not be able to utilize FASTPASS+.

How will FASTPASS+ work?

Much like Advance Dining Reservations, guests will be able to select three “preferred experiences” (current FASTPASS attractions, new attractions that will be added to the FASTPASS+ lineup, and reserved seating for shows/parades) 60 days from arrival, plus 10 days with a Walt Disney World resort hotel reservation. Guests then select time slot preferences (morning, mid-day, late, or all day) to receive their time assignment. All selections must be in the same park, so guests who parkhop will essentially be doing their non-FASTPASS+ park entirely via standby.

Guests utilizing FASTPASS+ will not be eligible for paper FASTPASSes.

^ Right there.
Right where?

That simply stated that when FP+ goes live, you will be able to prereserve 3 FPs and you won't be able to use the paper FP system. It doesn't make any statement about obtaining additional same-day FPs through the virtual system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom