My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

Paul Chappelle

My wife and I were there a week ago and the problem is there is no good viewing area for a handicaped person who needs a ecv to get around. We were at the Magic Kingdom to view the fireworks show.She is nable to stand to view the show and people are not kind. To futher make the problem worst two people hoisted their childern on their shoulders so she could not see at all. Doesn't Disney provide a better viewing area for handicapped people?

The Empress Lilly

My wife and I were there a week ago and the problem is there is no good viewing area for a handicaped person who needs a ecv to get around. We were at the Magic Kingdom to view the fireworks show.She is nable to stand to view the show and people are not kind. To futher make the problem worst two people hoisted their childern on their shoulders so she could not see at all. Doesn't Disney provide a better viewing area for handicapped people?
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ow-kids-on-shoulders-during-fireworks.928059/ :lookarou

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Both Trader Sams have a signature drink named after her. It's a tiki bowl made for multiple people; they set it on fire and throw cinnamon at the flames to make them spark as the room goes dark and they lead everyone in an UH OA! chant. It's fun :)

Uh oa, uh oa, uh oa, oa, oa!

:p

I don't like the schoolbread.

I love Swiss Family Treehouse.

I sill like it, but Epcot is my least favorite of the 4 parks.

yedliW

What don't you like about 'Ohana? Thinking of going for the first time in September.

The reason I am not a fan of Ohana is I am not a fan of sweet sauces on meats. I don't want brown sugar.. molasses.. honey.. etc to be a dominant flavor in marinades.. rubs.. sauces.. etc.. the desert is great, but I just wasn't a fan of the type of food that they served.

Breakfast on the other hand, we loved. :)

Chef Mickey

I absolutely hate fastpass. I wish it would be abolished. Stand-by would move so much faster. It'll never happen though.
I don't understand how people say this. While it might be true that standby would move faster without it, you still will spend more time waiting in line overall.

I know this because even with its increased popularity, I know wait in fewer lines and for less time than I ever did when there was no fast pass.

FP is so easy to use now, there is really not much downside or at least not enough to detract from the upside.

BAChicagoGal

Disneyland wins over WDW in one key point. Less walking. It seems they go out of their way at WDW to figure out the longest way for people to get where they are going. Money talks. You stay at a value resort, and you have a longer walk to your bus stop after a long day in the park.

Yert3

I don't understand how people say this. While it might be true that standby would move faster without it, you still will spend more time waiting in line overall.

I know this because even with its increased popularity, I know wait in fewer lines and for less time than I ever did when there was no fast pass.

FP is so easy to use now, there is really not much downside or at least not enough to detract from the upside.
I say this because I see it with my own eyes. When you get to the area where FP and SB merge, it seems like 20 FP folk go for every 5 SB Folk. I don't know the exact ratio but it's quite a bit. I mean, SB is stopped even when there aren't even any FP coming. Standby would continuously move without being stopped for a minute or two.

Tinkerfan4ever

Here's my list...

-Dole whip floats - yuck.
-World Showcase - I don't get it. If my husband didn't love this area, I would skip it all together.
-Illuminations - no thanks
-DHS has always been one of my favorites. With the 2 new lands opening, it will only become more and more of a favorite.
-Here is a Disneyland one... I road Mr Toad - I don't understand why people are so sad that it isn't at Disney World anymore.

-I would chose All Star Movies any day over Pop. (I have stayed at both)
-I don't mind the Disney buses. Sure they could be less crowded, but not having to drive is such a bonus!
-I don't care for the monorail. We stayed at the Poly and it was such a hassle the monorail. Broken down, crowded, etc. We almost always took a boat or bus if we could.

All of this is why I LOVE Disney! The things I hate are the things others love. We can't all love the same things, and because we don't we have 4 parks full of stuff to entertain each of us!

Chef Mickey

I say this because I see it with my own eyes. When you get to the area where FP and SB merge, it seems like 20 FP folk go for every 5 SB Folk. I don't know the exact ratio but it's quite a bit. I mean, SB is stopped even when there aren't even any FP coming. Standby would continuously move without being stopped for a minute or two.
What it seems is sometimes not reality over the course of time. I don't doubt your anecdotal stories, but it's ridiculous to argue FP does nothing and you'd be better off without it. What I don't understand is that you're forgetting we HAVE lived without any FP. I used to wait 2 hours for Space Mountain my entire childhood. Now, I ride it more and never wait more than 10 min in a FP line. I also don't believe standby is appreciable longer.

I rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Haunted Mansion in a little over an hour in the dead of afternoon 3 weeks ago. I could have only pulled that off with a working Fast Pass.

Chef Mickey

-World Showcase - I don't get it.
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom