My trip is in jeapordy

Tiggerfanatic

Had a little accident last night - one of our horses kicked me and separated my shoulder pretty bad. I have to wear a sling and get checked in a week - if it's not any better, there's a good possibility of surgery, and there will go our trip in December. So please, all my new friends, I need your thoughts and prayers. Not so much for the trip, but I really don't want to have surgery.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders, everyone.

smk

I feel your pain! My DH just had emergency open heart surgery, two weeks ago. Thank God he is well and home, I am VERY grateful for that. We both love WDW and have a trip planned for November 30th thru December 5th, a long awaited trip for the two of us. We won't know if we can go as planned until after he see's his surgeon again on the 19th of November. The day we leave will be 6 weeks to the day of his surgery. We both want to go BUT know he will be "under the weather" so to speak and may not be able to fully enjoy this trip. So, even if he gets the okay to go we may not go just yet. It makes me sick but his health is very important.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and your trip goes off as planned! :wave:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
I can really feel all your prayers and thoughts - my shoulder actually is better this morning - I was able to sleep for couple hours at a time last night. The bruised ribs are the worst, now. Still thinking positive and keeping faith in the power of prayer. Thank you all .......

Upvote 0

Rosenrot

Ja, mum, we definitely don't have to ride any rides if you're not feeling better...

I mean - my favourite part of trips to Disney? World Showcase, ja!! <3 <3 <3

And what do we like to do in World Showcase? Eat and shop, of course! Not to mention people watch.....I mean, airports are awesome for that, let alone the theme park itself. :p

Eat and shop for me, watch shows and parades for you - sling and all, it'll still be a good time. You don't need both arms to buy Chelsea stuff in England, am I right? Hehe.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Had a little accident last night - one of our horses kicked me and separated my shoulder pretty bad. I have to wear a sling and get checked in a week - if it's not any better, there's a good possibility of surgery, and there will go our trip in December. So please, all my new friends, I need your thoughts and prayers. Not so much for the trip, but I really don't want to have surgery.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders, everyone.

I hate to hear that and hope you don't have to have surgery. We used to have 3 horses and I got banged up a couple of times.. once when I got thrown off of DH's horse (he was a monster at 17 hands) and the same horse stomped my ankle and I was on crutches for awhile. (you know, come to think of it I think he was out to get me, he also bit me on the side of my neck once... when I was brushing him :lookaroun )
Seriously though praying all will be well and that you still get to enjoy your trip! :) And make sure you do rest and take it easy!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

An experienced wrangler once said to me, up in Colorado, "Never trust horses".

They get spooked, they get head strong, they can act like kids, etc.

Good to hear that you are doing better.
Enjoy the trip.

:)

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Our prayers go to you as well. We are somewhat have the same fear as you. My oldest son almost 14 swims, and has been for the last month been saying his right shoulder is causing discomfort. Well he was at the dr's yesterday and we have to go for a MRI. Till then he can do no physical activity that requires him to use his arms. The dr thinks it may be torn cartilidge, but we have to wait and see. But, good luck I hope everything works out for the best. Oh, and next time read all the instructions on your toys. :animwink:

Upvote 0

angelfaerie52

Rest up! I got into an accident last week and had to have surgery this week for a broken jaw... it's totally going to ruin my mini trip scheduled next weekend. I hope you get better, don't need surgery, and can still come to the World! Get well soon...

Upvote 0

Nicole220

((Hugs)) and prayer for you. Hope you get better!!
Horse injuries....ugh. I've been riding for 7 years. Such big creatures that spook at smallest things.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry to hear about your mishap, hoping for a speedy recovery and you being able to make your trip to WDW.:wave:

The title of this thread though makes me wanna bust out in song:
18.gif

"My trip is in jeopardy, baby, ohh ohh oh"
(with apologies to Greg Kihn band)

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
Just came back from the ortho and wanted to give you all an update - no surgery necessary on my shoulder!! (Big sigh of relief.) Just have to rest and let it heal - should be semi-normal in about a month. Also found out that I have a couple busted ribs on the other side. Healing time for those is 4-6 weeks. When I asked about my trip, the doctor assured me I would be well enough to go. May have to skip a couple of the rougher rides, but everything else is A-OK.

So thanks, everyone for your thoughts, encouragement and prayers. Disney World, here we come. 37 more days!! WOO!HOO! :D:D:D

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Just came back from the ortho and wanted to give you all an update - no surgery necessary on my shoulder!! (Big sigh of relief.) Just have to rest and let it heal - should be semi-normal in about a month. Also found out that I have a couple busted ribs on the other side. Healing time for those is 4-6 weeks. When I asked about my trip, the doctor assured me I would be well enough to go. May have to skip a couple of the rougher rides, but everything else is A-OK.

So thanks, everyone for your thoughts, encouragement and prayers. Disney World, here we come. 37 more days!! WOO!HOO! :D:D:D

:sohappy: Great news! Prayers work :)

Upvote 0

Nicole220

Wonderful news!! I'm glad everything worked out! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
You must be so excited. We had to cancel a scheduled October trip for our first MNSSHP due to my emergency gallblader surgery. Good news is my surgery went well (Thank God) and we are headed back to the world for Easter...133 days from today. Every trip is special. I hope you have your best trip ever!

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
You must be so excited. We had to cancel a scheduled October trip for our first MNSSHP due to my emergency gallblader surgery. Good news is my surgery went well (Thank God) and we are headed back to the world for Easter...133 days from today. Every trip is special. I hope you have your best trip ever!
I feel your pain. I had to have the same thing in August. The only good thing about all this is at least all my emergencies have been in the same calendar year, so I had already met my deductible. This last mess should be paid 100%.....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom