Pre-Trip My thank you Grandma blow out trip!

Please bear with me because this is my first attempt at any kind of trip report. I've had a lot of experience reading everybody's reports, so it may not be TOO bad. ;)

First off let me properly introduce ourselves. I'm Kim, and my DH (not technically, but close enough after 11 years together) Steve. We thoroughly enjoy getting our Disney on, and we generally make at least one DLR trip a year so we don't go through Matterhorn Macaroon withdrawals. This was from our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour a couple of years ago when they let you go through the Dream Suite.

Disney dream pic.jpg

These are our fur babies. This is Kylie's cousin (@Tony the Tigger ), Kricket. She's two.

Patience Kricket.jpg

And this is Jaeger. He's only one.
Drunk Jaeger puppy.jpg

And we can't forget about Gizmo (a.k.a. Mo)

Studious Mo.JPG

These guys will be staying with his son while we are off playing. Small advantage of having a mid-20's son that doesn't have a lot of vacation time saved up. ;)

This trip is being made thanks to my Grandma who passed away a couple of years ago. She left me a nice chunk of change, and I have been the responsible adult with the majority of the money but I know that she would want me to do something that I absolutely LOVE too. That being said we are splurging a bit with this trip! We will be staying at The Polynesian with a theme park view!!! I'm sooooo excited about that! Steve has NO idea how much I'm spending on the trip, and it's probably best he doesn't find out. :cautious: This is the first time for him staying inside the Disney bubble at WDW. In the past I have stayed at the CBR with my parents, and at French Quarter with a friend. We stayed at the Swolphin for our last trip 5 years ago...at least I think that's right. Anyway it's been quite a while since we've been to WDW, and we're looking forward to some of the changes.

I need to enlist the help of my fellow WDW'ers for ADR ideas. The one and only ADR Steve has absolutely no say in is lunch at BoG. I was able to snag a reservation this morning...SOOOO excited!! The hitch to planning meals with Steve is that he is one of those people that food is simply a necessity for, and doesn't understand the fun in trying new foods or splurging a bit from time to time. He is also an incredibly "simple" eater...he won't eat chicken (or any meat) on the bone, no buffets, doesn't drink (which isn't a bad thing, but he doesn't always understand why I like to have a drink or two on vacation), and everything he eats is just "okay." I'll give you an example...we went out for a nice dinner at Skamania Lodge(https://www.destinationhotels.com/skamania/dining ) with his brother and his new girlfriend. We all had wonderful steak dinners, nice wine, and he requested the chef make him a grilled cheese sandwich!!! :jawdrop::facepalm::hilarious: I was momentarily mortified by his request, but got over it by the time I finished my wine.

That's all I got for now, but I will be sure to post updates as they come to me. Thanks guys for reading, and sending me any pixie dust and suggestions you might have! I'm on my own planning for this, but I have some time since the trip isn't until the first part of May. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
WinterSummerland is very well-themed and fun but being able to walk to the Boardwalk after Fantasia is pretty cool, too. Stop at Ample Hills Creamery for a refresher! My husband says Behind the Seeds is a great value!

Good point on Ample Hills! Their ice cream is amazing. I love the oatmeal cookie one, which really surprised me because I'm usually a chocolate chocolate chocolate kind of gal.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
How was Footsteps? I may be considering something...
Walking in Walt's Footsteps was awesome for me and my family
We were able to go up into the Firehouse into Walt's apartment
Worth every penny
We really enjoyed Footsteps too. I think we got the DreamSuite because we had a larger group, and there really isn't a whole lot of room in Walt's apartment. It would've been awesome to see Walt's apartment, but I was like a kid in a candy store when it came to the DreamSuite. The rooms were AMAZING, and we got to see the "kiss goodnight" for each room too. Lots of great information and history throughout with soundbites from Walt himself.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
WinterSummerland is very well-themed and fun but being able to walk to the Boardwalk after Fantasia is pretty cool, too. Stop at Ample Hills Creamery for a refresher! My husband says Behind the Seeds is a great value!
Good point on Ample Hills! Their ice cream is amazing. I love the oatmeal cookie one, which really surprised me because I'm usually a chocolate chocolate chocolate kind of gal.
I wholeheartedly agree that Ample Hills is going to be a necessary stop! Steve likes his ice cream to be soft serve, so he can stop off at the Swolphin for his and I can have my own ice cream flight.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
I'm starting to poke at Steve to pick a tour that HE wants to do. He doesn't understand all of the planning that I am attempting to do for our trip, so maybe if I get him involved he'll be a little more excited. I haven't told him yet that we will have a view of the park, so I'm hoping that will be a nice surprise for him.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Following along. You had me at mini-golf! We play about everyday when on vacation. Love both locations, but the Fantasia challenge course is our favorite. We like going during the HS Star Wars fireworks. You get a decent view of them, and I love fireworks like I love mini-golf . . . a lot. Can’t wait to hear more plans.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
Following along. You had me at mini-golf! We play about everyday when on vacation. Love both locations, but the Fantasia challenge course is our favorite. We like going during the HS Star Wars fireworks. You get a decent view of them, and I love fireworks like I love mini-golf . . . a lot. Can’t wait to hear more plans.
Thank you for following along! Things will fall into place a little bit more once I'm able to make FastPass selections. :happy:

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
@lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek quick question for you guys...what is the dinner called that you can have sent up to your room at the Poly? I vaguely remember you guys ordering that when you got spoiled in the bungalows. I'm thinking that would be a fun meal to have while watching the fireworks from our balcony one night. :hungry::joyfull: Oh...and you can order yummy alcohol drinks too, right?

lostpro9het

@lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek quick question for you guys...what is the dinner called that you can have sent up to your room at the Poly? I vaguely remember you guys ordering that when you got spoiled in the bungalows. I'm thinking that would be a fun meal to have while watching the fireworks from our balcony one night. :hungry::joyfull: Oh...and you can order yummy alcohol drinks too, right?
Polynesian Twilight Feast:
BBECB7F8-C286-454F-A553-0F8EDC505A55.jpeg

As for adult beverage, I recommend going to the Poly store and buying the bottle of coconut rum to mix with the POG juice. Its my go-to Castaway Cocktail I created for cruises.
B7C2BFBB-1D8D-470E-BFC7-2829F9565D06.jpeg

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I think we will definitely be doing that. Is the rumor correct that you really need to order for one person because it's a lot of food?

lostpro9het

Thank you so much! I think we will definitely be doing that. Is the rumor correct that you really need to order for one person because it's a lot of food?
YES! One adult order was plenty for two average adults and possibly even a kid. The Bungalow TR was just one adult portion and we could have easily fed two kids with what we had left over.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
We like WinterSummerland a lot but we enjoyed Fantasia as well. I actually beat hubs on the Fantasia one, so of course that is his least favorite!

Typhoon Lagoon is our favorite water park, we like the water coaster and just the overall theme is more our style.
I don't know how I missed your post! :banghead: I'm thinking that Typhoon Lagoon is going to be the water park we go to. My goal is to spend afternoon time either at the hotel pool, playing mini golf, or at a water park to break up the day. Going for a more laid back attempt instead of park commando like last time. :joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't know how I missed your post! :banghead: I'm thinking that Typhoon Lagoon is going to be the water park we go to. My goal is to spend afternoon time either at the hotel pool, playing mini golf, or at a water park to break up the day. Going for a more laid back attempt instead of park commando like last time. :joyfull:

A laid back trip sounds like a perfect way to go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom