Pre-Trip My thank you Grandma blow out trip!

Please bear with me because this is my first attempt at any kind of trip report. I've had a lot of experience reading everybody's reports, so it may not be TOO bad. ;)

First off let me properly introduce ourselves. I'm Kim, and my DH (not technically, but close enough after 11 years together) Steve. We thoroughly enjoy getting our Disney on, and we generally make at least one DLR trip a year so we don't go through Matterhorn Macaroon withdrawals. This was from our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour a couple of years ago when they let you go through the Dream Suite.

Disney dream pic.jpg

These are our fur babies. This is Kylie's cousin (@Tony the Tigger ), Kricket. She's two.

Patience Kricket.jpg

And this is Jaeger. He's only one.
Drunk Jaeger puppy.jpg

And we can't forget about Gizmo (a.k.a. Mo)

Studious Mo.JPG

These guys will be staying with his son while we are off playing. Small advantage of having a mid-20's son that doesn't have a lot of vacation time saved up. ;)

This trip is being made thanks to my Grandma who passed away a couple of years ago. She left me a nice chunk of change, and I have been the responsible adult with the majority of the money but I know that she would want me to do something that I absolutely LOVE too. That being said we are splurging a bit with this trip! We will be staying at The Polynesian with a theme park view!!! I'm sooooo excited about that! Steve has NO idea how much I'm spending on the trip, and it's probably best he doesn't find out. :cautious: This is the first time for him staying inside the Disney bubble at WDW. In the past I have stayed at the CBR with my parents, and at French Quarter with a friend. We stayed at the Swolphin for our last trip 5 years ago...at least I think that's right. Anyway it's been quite a while since we've been to WDW, and we're looking forward to some of the changes.

I need to enlist the help of my fellow WDW'ers for ADR ideas. The one and only ADR Steve has absolutely no say in is lunch at BoG. I was able to snag a reservation this morning...SOOOO excited!! The hitch to planning meals with Steve is that he is one of those people that food is simply a necessity for, and doesn't understand the fun in trying new foods or splurging a bit from time to time. He is also an incredibly "simple" eater...he won't eat chicken (or any meat) on the bone, no buffets, doesn't drink (which isn't a bad thing, but he doesn't always understand why I like to have a drink or two on vacation), and everything he eats is just "okay." I'll give you an example...we went out for a nice dinner at Skamania Lodge(https://www.destinationhotels.com/skamania/dining ) with his brother and his new girlfriend. We all had wonderful steak dinners, nice wine, and he requested the chef make him a grilled cheese sandwich!!! :jawdrop::facepalm::hilarious: I was momentarily mortified by his request, but got over it by the time I finished my wine.

That's all I got for now, but I will be sure to post updates as they come to me. Thanks guys for reading, and sending me any pixie dust and suggestions you might have! I'm on my own planning for this, but I have some time since the trip isn't until the first part of May. :)

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
I *might* need to steal Kricket. đź’•

Steve might hate it, but I have to recommend Tiffins if you like to try new things!

I’m sure Grandma will be tickled in Heaven knowing she could give you this splurge and forever memories. Enjoy!
No stealing my Kricketbug!! I might let you have Jaeger though. ;) She had a litter of puppies at the end of September, so we had a busy time with all of them.
Kricket and babies.jpg

Puppies!!!.jpg

Perfect puppies.jpg

Everybody has a new home now, but puppy parents are still sending me pictures of their quickly growing little ones.
Cassandra at work.jpg
Charlie Brown2.jpg

LeighM

He sounds like a combination of me and my husband. I don't eat meat on the bone either and, for years, my husband didn't enjoy eating. It was something he had to do but didn't enjoy it. I come from a family that LOVES food so I never could understand it lol. Our first trip to WDW, he would eat from the children's buffet at character meals because he wasn't open to new flavors. But after our Disney trip, he began having regrets about not trying new things. And he actually became a foodie thanks to the Food & Wine Festival during a!!!

Lyssa

Steve is that he is one of those people that food is simply a necessity for, and doesn't understand the fun in trying new foods or splurging a bit from time to time. He is also an incredibly "simple" eater...he won't eat chicken (or any meat) on the bone, no buffets, doesn't drink (which isn't a bad thing, but he doesn't always understand why I like to have a drink or two on vacation), and everything he eats is just "okay." I'll give you an example...we went out for a nice dinner at Skamania Lodge(https://www.destinationhotels.com/skamania/dining ) with his brother and his new girlfriend. We all had wonderful steak dinners, nice wine, and he requested the chef make him a grilled cheese sandwich!!!

Justin is the exact same way!!!!

He still managed to enjoy the food at Disney though ;)

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
Hey gang...we have the Park Hopper+ this time around. I toyed with having S play golf one morning, but he didn't seem too enthused about playing with people he doesn't know. I know we will at least go to ONE of the water parks, and I'm hoping he will be a little more in to going to one of the mini golf courses. Does anybody have a favorite putt-putt location? We haven't done any of the extras before, so I'm curious to hear from my WDW family for pointers.

Also thinking about doing some of the behind the scenes tours. Definitely Behind the Seeds, but I don't know much about the others. Any background or info you guys have would be super helpful! Thanks in advance you guys!! :joyfull::inlove:

21stamps

My son plays golf, and enjoys mini golf, and one or the other is always required on vacation. (usually mini golf since I’m not a golfer). :)

Mickey’s winter summerland is the more “cute courses” of the two options. T and I did both the summer and winter side..they were fun! This was my favorite of the options.

However, T actually preferred the Fantasia courses. We did both of those as well.. one of the sides is more challenging, which is why he loved it. Great for (real) golf fans. :)

21stamps

Here’s the description for the longer course at Fantasia Gardens, bonus- this one had the shortest wait time out of all of them.

A Thrilling Challenge

Resembling a traditional golf course built on a miniature scale, this course emphasizes skill over chance. Sand traps, bunkers, water hazards and sloping greens make the Fantasia Fairways Miniature Golf Course an exciting challenge, where par-3 and par-5 holes range in length from 63 to 109 feet long.

Here’s 2 photos.. it’s very different from the other courses... and less kids..still mini golf though, no driver allowed- Much to T’s dismay. ;).
D93C5E80-7DB3-47CC-A16A-489300BB02BD.jpeg
1763DE59-43F9-40F9-8EDA-41FDA69F1A72.jpeg

Last edited:

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
I thought the Marceline tour at MK was a great value and not too long.
We did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour at DLR for Steve's birthday a few years ago. I wonder how similar the two may be because I'm betting they both go over a lot of the same history, but it is a completely different park though. I'll have to look into that a bit more. :bookworm::happy:

Tony the Tigger

We did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour at DLR for Steve's birthday a few years ago. I wonder how similar the two may be because I'm betting they both go over a lot of the same history, but it is a completely different park though. I'll have to look into that a bit more. :bookworm::happy:

How was Footsteps? I may be considering something...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We like WinterSummerland a lot but we enjoyed Fantasia as well. I actually beat hubs on the Fantasia one, so of course that is his least favorite!

Typhoon Lagoon is our favorite water park, we like the water coaster and just the overall theme is more our style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom