Pre-Trip My thank you Grandma blow out trip!

Please bear with me because this is my first attempt at any kind of trip report. I've had a lot of experience reading everybody's reports, so it may not be TOO bad. ;)

First off let me properly introduce ourselves. I'm Kim, and my DH (not technically, but close enough after 11 years together) Steve. We thoroughly enjoy getting our Disney on, and we generally make at least one DLR trip a year so we don't go through Matterhorn Macaroon withdrawals. This was from our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour a couple of years ago when they let you go through the Dream Suite.

Disney dream pic.jpg

These are our fur babies. This is Kylie's cousin (@Tony the Tigger ), Kricket. She's two.

Patience Kricket.jpg

And this is Jaeger. He's only one.
Drunk Jaeger puppy.jpg

And we can't forget about Gizmo (a.k.a. Mo)

Studious Mo.JPG

These guys will be staying with his son while we are off playing. Small advantage of having a mid-20's son that doesn't have a lot of vacation time saved up. ;)

This trip is being made thanks to my Grandma who passed away a couple of years ago. She left me a nice chunk of change, and I have been the responsible adult with the majority of the money but I know that she would want me to do something that I absolutely LOVE too. That being said we are splurging a bit with this trip! We will be staying at The Polynesian with a theme park view!!! I'm sooooo excited about that! Steve has NO idea how much I'm spending on the trip, and it's probably best he doesn't find out. :cautious: This is the first time for him staying inside the Disney bubble at WDW. In the past I have stayed at the CBR with my parents, and at French Quarter with a friend. We stayed at the Swolphin for our last trip 5 years ago...at least I think that's right. Anyway it's been quite a while since we've been to WDW, and we're looking forward to some of the changes.

I need to enlist the help of my fellow WDW'ers for ADR ideas. The one and only ADR Steve has absolutely no say in is lunch at BoG. I was able to snag a reservation this morning...SOOOO excited!! The hitch to planning meals with Steve is that he is one of those people that food is simply a necessity for, and doesn't understand the fun in trying new foods or splurging a bit from time to time. He is also an incredibly "simple" eater...he won't eat chicken (or any meat) on the bone, no buffets, doesn't drink (which isn't a bad thing, but he doesn't always understand why I like to have a drink or two on vacation), and everything he eats is just "okay." I'll give you an example...we went out for a nice dinner at Skamania Lodge(https://www.destinationhotels.com/skamania/dining ) with his brother and his new girlfriend. We all had wonderful steak dinners, nice wine, and he requested the chef make him a grilled cheese sandwich!!! :jawdrop::facepalm::hilarious: I was momentarily mortified by his request, but got over it by the time I finished my wine.

That's all I got for now, but I will be sure to post updates as they come to me. Thanks guys for reading, and sending me any pixie dust and suggestions you might have! I'm on my own planning for this, but I have some time since the trip isn't until the first part of May. :)

slipperalwaysfits

YAY!!!! When my grandma passed, I paid off some student loans and then I went to Disney World. I know she'd be happy about my financial choices. Anyway, I LOVE Skamania lodge. :D Being a Northwest native. Anyway, the CM's at Disney are AMAZING. I say, you pick ADR's you know you want to eat and then your DH can just ask the staff to modify a meal or he can order off the kids menu. :geek::hungry: Looking forward to reading along!

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
YAY!!!! When my grandma passed, I paid off some student loans and then I went to Disney World. I know she'd be happy about my financial choices. Anyway, I LOVE Skamania lodge. :D Being a Northwest native. Anyway, the CM's at Disney are AMAZING. I say, you pick ADR's you know you want to eat and then your DH can just ask the staff to modify a meal or he can order off the kids menu. :geek::hungry: Looking forward to reading along!
Thanks for the advice on dealing with my picky eater and following along with me! :happy:

krause

Yay! Following along and I’ll help any way I can! Funny story - I always thought your avatar was a dinosaur like with its mouth opening to the right, can you see it? (I guess I always hold my phone far away) :facepalm: Anyways.. I don’t think you mentioned what dates you are going?

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
Yay! Following along and I’ll help any way I can! Funny story - I always thought your avatar was a dinosaur like with its mouth opening to the right, can you see it? (I guess I always hold my phone far away) :facepalm: Anyways.. I don’t think you mentioned what dates you are going?
Our travel dates are May 5-11. I'm hoping to have a celebratory cerveza at the Poly when we arrive! Thanks for following. :)

21stamps

So glad you're following along! I've enjoyed reading your adventures with your little T the Master Dabber. Our T's name is the same, but spelled a little differently. :joyfull:

That’s great to hear! We don’t come upon many too often. At least your son can relate to mine on the ‘never has his name on a keychain/magnet’ front. ;)

ELeigh

Please bear with me because this is my first attempt at any kind of trip report. I've had a lot of experience reading everybody's reports, so it may not be TOO bad. ;)

First off let me properly introduce ourselves. I'm Kim, and my DH (not technically, but close enough after 11 years together) Steve. We thoroughly enjoy getting our Disney on, and we generally make at least one DLR trip a year so we don't go through Matterhorn Macaroon withdrawals. This was from our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour a couple of years ago when they let you go through the Dream Suite.

View attachment 256515

These are our fur babies. This is Kylie's cousin (@Tony the Tigger ), Kricket. She's two.

View attachment 256518

.View attachment 256519

View attachment 256520

These guys will be staying with his son while we are off playing. Small advantage of having a mid-20's son that doesn't have a lot of vacation time saved up. ;)

This trip is being made thanks to my Grandma who passed away a couple of years ago. She left me a nice chunk of change, and I have been the responsible adult with the majority of the money but I know that she would want me to do something that I absolutely LOVE too. That being said we are splurging a bit with this trip! We will be staying at The Polynesian with a theme park view!!! I'm sooooo excited about that! Steve has NO idea how much I'm spending on the trip, and it's probably best he doesn't find out. :cautious: This is the first time for him staying inside the Disney bubble at WDW. In the past I have stayed at the CBR with my parents, and at French Quarter with a friend. We stayed at the Swolphin for our last trip 5 years ago...at least I think that's right. Anyway it's been quite a while since we've been to WDW, and we're looking forward to some of the changes.

I need to enlist the help of my fellow WDW'ers for ADR ideas. The one and only ADR Steve has absolutely no say in is lunch at BoG. I was able to snag a reservation this morning...SOOOO excited!! The hitch to planning meals with Steve is that he is one of those people that food is simply a necessity for, and doesn't understand the fun in trying new foods or splurging a bit from time to time. He is also an incredibly "simple" eater...he won't eat chicken (or any meat) on the bone, no buffets, doesn't drink (which isn't a bad thing, but he doesn't always understand why I like to have a drink or two on vacation), and everything he eats is just "okay." I'll give you an example...we went out for a nice dinner at Skamania Lodge(https://www.destinationhotels.com/skamania/dining ) with his brother and his new girlfriend. We all had wonderful steak dinners, nice wine, and he requested the chef make him a grilled cheese sandwich!!! :jawdrop::facepalm::hilarious: I was momentarily mortified by his request, but got over it by the time I finished my wine.

That's all I got for now, but I will be sure to post updates as they come to me. Thanks guys for reading, and sending me any pixie dust and suggestions you might have! I'm on my own planning for this, but I have some time since the trip isn't until the first part of May. :)

View attachment 256515

View attachment 256518

.View attachment 256519

View attachment 256520

But does Steve at least enjoy the Matterhorn Macaroons? Disney needs to bring these and the Mickey Macarons over to WDW

Doc Disney

I was able to land the Tomorrowland Dessert Party with Garden seating for the evening we go to BoG. Steve isn't big on chocolate, but he is big on not having to wait for shows to start. I'm hoping this will keep him occupied until the time we go to the seating area. @Doc Disney You did this a while ago, right? What did you think of it?

We did the dessert party with the terrace seating but I think the Garden seating is better because you can see the projections better. I am not into chocolate or dessert either so I usually eat cheese and fruit and I'm good :) I love the dessert parties ! You will enjoy it

Funny story - I always thought your avatar was a dinosaur like with its mouth opening to the right, can you see it?

100 % always thought the same thing :joyfull::joyfull:

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
Thank you for introducing me to the Matterhorn Macaroons
They are awesome

Poly sounds great with the park view

In terms of meals I say compromise on some new and exciting stuff for you mixed in with some simple maybe even counter service for him ( just a thought)

Max
Our pleasure introducing you to our guilty DLR treat! Steve got one for his lunch while on Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, and he liked it so much he wouldn't share. Our CM noticed our little dilemma and got me my own. :hilarious:

Dining will definitely be a compromise for both of us. I'm trying to figure out a way to con him into bread service at AKL...LOL!:angelic:

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
Following along, this sounds like fun!! And I totally understand you with the simplicity, my DBF is the same LOL! :hilarious::hilarious:
Thanks for following along!
But does Steve at least enjoy the Matterhorn Macaroons? Disney needs to bring these and the Mickey Macarons over to WDW
Steve likes the macaroons so much that we generally start out our trip buying a dozen of them, and we're lucky if any of them make long enough for our trip home! :hungry:
We did the dessert party with the terrace seating but I think the Garden seating is better because you can see the projections better. I am not into chocolate or dessert either so I usually eat cheese and fruit and I'm good :) I love the dessert parties ! You will enjoy it
100 % always thought the same thing :joyfull::joyfull:
I never saw the dinosaur in the kitty before you guys said something LOL! Now I can't unsee it...maybe it's time to change up the avatar? :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom