My magic+ testing report

disney206313

Original Poster
T
During the test those involved could get 3 FP+ in addition to as many regular paper FP as possible.

Unfortunately this is false. Testers only get the three fastpasses from fastpass+ . No paper fadtpasses are available for testers. Whether the three fast pass limit will remain or not is not certain, but every cm who asks us for feedback begs us to tell them that they need to make the limit bigger, and seem like they desperately want it changed.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
T

Unfortunately this is false. Testers only get the three fastpasses from fastpass+ . No paper fadtpasses are available for testers. Whether the three fast pass limit will remain or not is not certain, but every cm who asks us for feedback begs us to tell them that they need to make the limit bigger, and seem like they desperately want it changed.

I believe this was the first test where you could only use FP+. Up to now testers could use both.

Thank you for sharing your report!

disney206313

Original Poster
Yes, in the future, I suspect this will become the strategy for park hopping with FP+.

Yes. Today we started off at animal kingdom when the park opened. We rode ks, EE, and Dino with no wait in that order. We then did triceratops spin and primeval whirl with little wait again. We had lunch and went to FLK, then we went to Epcot where we were able to plan out our fastpass+ to ride TT, soarin, and MS. By mid day these rides fastpasses would normally have run out especially in the busy season. However, because of fp+ we were able to do the three most popular attractions upon arriving. So this strategy can work tremendously well even with the limit if you know how to work it.

bubbles1812

T

Lets hope they listen... I just see a lot of unhappy gets with a limit of 3. Yes, I'm aware that there aren't tons and tons of "super FP-ers" like me who average 7-10 in a day but 3 is a small number. I think a good compromise would be 5. 5, I could live with. Getting only 3 will significantly impact the enjoyment of my days in the parks.

PUSH

Lets hope they listen... I just see a lot of unhappy gets with a limit of 3. Yes, I'm aware that there aren't tons and tons of "super FP-ers" like me who average 7-10 in a day but 3 is a small number. I think a good compromise would be 5. 5, I could live with. Getting only 3 will significantly impact the enjoyment of my days in the parks.

Five would be a lot better. That way I could get a FP for each mountain at MK, and then I have several options to use the rest. With three, I just have the three mountains, and then I'm left in the dust for the rest of the attractions.

Bolt

Unfortunately a small portion of guests currently use fast passes to their maximum. They need to limit to 3 because way more guests will be using it and the overall inventory will need to be better managed.

I saw guests using it at Spaceship Earth - so be glad they are burning them at less popular attractions :)

bubbles1812

Five would be a lot better. That way I could get a FP for each mountain at MK, and then I have several options to use the rest. With three, I just have the three mountains, and then I'm left in the dust for the rest of the attractions.
And the thing is, the way it is grouped... You won't even be able to FP the three mountains. Instead, you'll get to FP something stupid like HM or Philharmagic. Sounds super fun yeah?

PUSH

Unfortunately a small portion of guests currently use fast passes to their maximum. They need to limit to 3 because way more guests will be using it and the overall inventory will need to be better managed.

I saw guests using it at Spaceship Earth - so be glad they are burning them at less popular attractions :)

Just think though. With FP at rides like SSE, the standby line will slow down. So if enough guests use FP+ on SSE, then you'll need to use it, too. Constantly moving rides don't need FP, IMO.

Feel free to use it on Stitch, though! :D

PUSH

And the thing is, the way it is grouped... You won't even be able to FP the three mountains. Instead, you'll get to FP something stupid like HM or Philharmagic. Sounds super fun yeah?

I didn't know it had to be grouped a certain way... that really sucks.

bubbles1812

3 is still a really small number... If even CMs are begging guests to tell Disney there is need for more, Id say they are forseeing some problems.

And good Lord, Spaceship Earth? Well I guess we can still count on people to be using their FPs for dumb things... Freeing up more FP spaces for me to use on the things that matter ;). I feel like this has to be what Disney is banking on... People looking at a grouping with say Peter Pan and Philharmagic, and expecting them not to know enough to take PP.

Clamman73

T

Did you try putting your ticket in the Fastpass machine to see what happens?

Sped2424

Hi all,
My family was selected for the testing this week of mymagic+ including magic bands and fast pass+. This testing was only for guests staying at the contemporary or animal kingdom lodge so it is a very select few guests at the parks. So far our experience has been mostly very good. First of all, lets get this out of the way: the bands ARE comfortable to wear. I have been wearing my band all day for three straight days, and I barely notice it. The impact is virtually the same as a live strong band. Fast pass+ has also been very positive. The bummer is its a maximum of three fast passes a day. This is our main complaint with the system as of now because before we were able to rack up 5+ fast passes a day sometimes. However, it makes it so much simpler to already have all your fast passes for the day when you arrive, so you don't have to run all over the park during the day. Having a band that controls your room key, snack/meal purchasing and fastpasses is VERY convienant. Also changing a fast pass on your smart phone while at the park is a great feature. For all those who have been hating something they have never even tried for some reason or another need to at least try this before hating it, because thus far we have had an excellent experience.

Thank you for posting, a lot of people are just a little angry now that things are changing speaking of which I could see tdo change the number of fastpasses a day to around 4 or 5 after all this is just testing! Now that being said did they clarify about park hopping? Do you only get three per park? or just 3 in general?

lifeguard1020

I was under the impression the the standard number was three so that they could let the people who bought a better (more expensive) vacation package get five...

TomorrowlandKD

You reserve your Fastpasses for the evening in a park. You get to another park for opening, allowing you to do the major rides there, and then you hop over to the park that you have the Fastpasses for so you can get at least one major ride there as well.

Sorry but that sounds unbelievably aggravating, especially if you're trying to trek around a family with kids.

I'm really nervous, as I'm sure most of us here are, about the future with this crap.

AngryEyes

I was under the impression the the standard number was three so that they could let the people who bought a better (more expensive) vacation package get five...

This or I could see them making it where deluxe guests can choose three from column a, if they want, moderate guests can choose two from column a, and value guests can choose only one from column a, something like that.

As for the cast members suggesting that the people say three fastpasses isn't enough, of course they want it to be higher. They stand to lose when they come into the parks, because no one knows the fastpass system like a CM.

AngryEyes

Sorry but that sounds unbelievably aggravating, especially if you're trying to trek around a family with kids.

I'm really nervous, as I'm sure most of us here are, about the future with this crap.

You don't have to parkhop. The same principle applies, though. You show up early, as usual, to get a bunch of rides in and schedule your fastpasses for the best rides during the busy time of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom