My Magic + details ...

disney4life2008

I can't figure out why the idea wasn't just simply keeping FP as it is now, but adding the ability of getting FP's on your smart phone once you've entered the park and having that info sent to your MagicBand. That allows more time to be in shops or dine and it actually makes things easier for the guests and could still help with spending. Instead of huge bottlenecks of people going to The Land to get FP's for Soarin' you ould get the same thing on your phone while you're looking around MouseGear or sitting on a bench eating the Mickey Premium Bars you just bought.

I don't understand why the thought of doing away with, for all intents an purposes, day of & park hopper friendly FP ever entered the minds of anyone.

I am pretty sure eliminating paper FP will save money on paper and having to have CMs man the FP stations. With everything moving online they will save man power. However, after seeing how kids and adults do not know how to work soda machines and how to insert their ticket into a simple FP machine - I can only imagine having to wait in a line just to update my FP reservations in the park.

dxwwf3

I am pretty sure eliminating paper FP will save money on paper and having to have CMs man the FP stations. With everything moving online they will save man power. However, after seeing how kids and adults do not know how to work soda machines and how to insert their ticket into a simple FP machine - I can only imagine having to wait in a line just to update my FP reservations in the park.
I don't mind doing away with the paper. That's what the app or kiosks would be for. Go to any kiosk and get any FP that is available and have it scanned to your band.

I'm talking about running FP the way that is is now. First tickets are for about 1 hour after opening. And once the time of opening hits, instead of running to Toy Story Mania to get a FP, just get on your phone and get one while you are walking down Sunset Boulevard.

We'll see how all of this works out. I'm not feeling good about this a all, but I've been wrong before.

DManRightHere

Quit whining.

As long as they do not abolish the original fastpass I am good. Plus their gonna change a ton of these specs anyways.

Most of this is a good thing for the park. Make lines more fluid and it is a system that can do many things.

Californian Elitist

Quit whining.

As long as they do not abolish the original Fastpass, I am good. Plus THEY'RE gonna change a ton of these specs anyways.

Most of this is a good thing for the park. Makes lines more fluid and it is a system that can do many things.

I fixed your grammar a little bit.

People have a right to complain. It's fine that you think this system will work, but please, don't discourage others from stating their opinion.

BTW, by the looks of it, the regular Fastpass system will eventually vanish.

PhotoDave219

Quit whining.

As long as they do not abolish the original fastpass I am good. Plus their gonna change a ton of these specs anyways.

Most of this is a good thing for the park. Make lines more fluid and it is a system that can do many things.

To address your concern, FP+ will replace the traditional fastpass system as you currently know it. That means that the FP machines that currently exist are going to go away and you will be making your fastpass reservations either online, through the MDE app or at a kiosk online.

Steve has a wonderful FAQ on this very site that explains the changes to come.

Happy reading, just no whining.

croboy82

I live in Switzerland. I've visited Disneyland in Anaheim last year and loved it. My plan was it to visit WDW next year (mostly because of Universals Harry Potter though haha!).

All this planning has put me off sooooo much that I have started saving money for Anaheim already again. :) The flight etc costs me much more but at least when I'm there, I don't have to run and think what I have reserved when and where.

Your loss WDW.

TP2000

I live in Switzerland. I've visited Disneyland in Anaheim last year and loved it. My plan was it to visit WDW next year (mostly because of Universals Harry Potter though haha!).

All this planning has put me off sooooo much that I have started saving money for Anaheim already again. :) The flight etc costs me much more but at least when I'm there, I don't have to run and think what I have reserved when and where.

Your loss WDW.

Don't be silly. We all know that only SoCal locals visit Disneyland. It's just a little local amusement park for locals only.

Europeans go to Disney World. Only Southern Californians go to Disneyland. Except for the Swiss. And the Brits. And the Germans and French. And the Japanese and Koreans. And Canadians. And that very nice family from Auckland, New Zealand I chatted with in line for Radiator Springs Racers last week, who were told by their friends back in Auckland that they simply can't miss a couple days at Disneyland. Otherwise, everyone is going to WDW while only Californians go to Disneyland.

By the way, Harry Potter opens at Universal Studios Hollywood in 2015. It's about a 45 minute drive from Disneyland. :D

Longhairbear

I've been rethinking how to turn the tables, as it were, to make MDE, MM+, and FP+ to my advantage. While we love all the Insiders here, and those that hate DVC, I'm up in my DVC Timeshare Tower anyway. And only because as a regular WDW fan, I am also a DVC member.
I've stated before that we are not rope drop kind of guys. We sleep in because we are on vacation, and probably had a few too many Mai Tai's the night before. To the horror of soccer moms on vacation, I do laundry at WDW, and cook 80% of our meals at our DVC. We were Premier passholders but let that go. The reason? There is nothing to do at WDW except stay at the whatever new DVC everyone about. That has been our MO up until 3 years ago when we stopped going to FLA altogether. It will be another 2 years until we go back, that's a 5 year span of not going to WDW, and spending our DVC points, and money in California, at DLR, and the California cruises on the DLC instead. DLC cruises from CA mean I don't pay airfare, and park my pickup truck for $15.00 a day at the terminal in San Pedro.
Btw, we paid way under a hundred bucks per point for our direct buy from Disney at VWL so we are way past our break even point, and loving the leftover DVC gravy, paying a lot less in maintenance fees than we would pay at a similar resort at rack rate...but I digress.
As we hit the parks after lunch, and sometimes way after lunch, the commandos have gone home. That doesn't mean we can get FP, or standby so easily. But still we hardly ever use FP. The after hours thing we love, but if it is going away... Did I mention that I found a Tumblr site that has lot's of old Disneyland Ads from the 1960's touting that Disneyland stays open till Midnight?
We will game the system by getting FP for the evenings at 60 days out. I am sure we will get exactly what we want. Who else wants a FP at any given attraction just before closing? Everyone wants mornings, and afternoons. It will be fun to see if guests avoid FP during the hottest parts of the day during Summer because they can book FP for cooler mornings, and evenings. The parks might become ghost towns mid day!

alphac2005

Not happy about any of this. I used to be a WDW pro and now I'm a neophyte again.
Worst thing about all of this? Nail in the coffin for Sid Cahuenga! Once one of the best stores on property, a perfect example of "show" over direct profit, is going away.

I loved buying the hard to find poster prints when I was younger at Sid's! It's a real shame what they did to the place.

alphac2005

Wow, there's a whole lot of replies in a short time... So, in a nutshell, it's everything we've expected. FastPass will be phased out once this is implemented, or shortly thereafter, and you need to schedule every darn minute of your Walt Disney World "vacation" in order to have a vacation.

A question that I have that I might have missed in the thread: Will you still be able to not have a wristband and use an alternative plastic RFID card as was mentioned earlier? My goodness those bands are a waste of resources. Geez. Excuse me, they're highly sought after, new, Disney collectibles. ;)

mets7

If I read this correctly. You are not planning out your whole trip because of these you are just going to be able to pick three rides per day per park. That is not that much different than it was before. So like an earlier poster said there won't be as many people rushing for toy story mania at rope drop. I was there last fall and experienced this for the first time....TOTALY INSANE!!! For this reason alone I don't see a bad thing about it. I think this will help with crowd flow a ton. In speaking for myself I would love to book a time for TSM and guarantee myself at least one ride on it. Then while everyone is rushing for the old fastpass(while it is still available) I can head to star tours or down sunset blvd. My only question is.....Say TSM is the only ride at HS that I want to ride can I book my three rides for the day for the same attraction?

devoy1701

Mark my words, the day will come when the only decision we as WDW guests will make is whether or not we are going and what category hotel we wish to stay at. We'll tell Disney how many days we would like our trip to be, and be honored to hand over an arm and a leg for this unforgettable opportunity that Disney has afforded us, and we'll be assigned a full itinerary....which resort we'll stay at, which parks we'll visit on which day, which attractions we'll ride and when, where and what we're going to be eating that day. Be damned if little Timmy rides Space Mountain for the first time and it's his first "real" roller coaster and wants to ride it a dozen more times before the end of the trip. "Sorry Timmy, we're only allowed to ride Space Mountain once...no son, we weren't chosen to ride Big Thunder Mountain either this trip, but we got a FP+ for the WDW Railroad. Hopefully we will be privileged to ride Space Mountain again next year."

/hyperbole

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Say TSM is the only ride at HS that I want to ride can I book my three rides for the day for the same attraction?

This is one of the gripes. As it stands...no. You won't be able to. In fact, you may not even be able to get a ToT or RnR FP+ Reservation as well, if you already chose TSM. You'd have to pick from another "tier".

disney4life2008

Quit whining.

I am sorry that you feel that "I" am whinning and have no right to complain! I spend thousands of dollars at disney each year and I will complain as much as I want!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Quit whining.

Whining or discussing? Because you seem to be confused over what occurs on a discussion board such as this.....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Going to Disneyworld in 2010
Disney%2BWorld%2BGuests_1.JPG

Going to Disneyworld in 2020
borg-family.jpg

Nemo14

Quit whining.

That reminds me - I have to get busy making my Disney Plant costume for MNSSHP soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom