My Magic + details ...

TRONorail10

So far my experience with the magic band test this week has been less than stellar. I figure I have spent over 6 hours at guest relations and the front desk dealing with deactivated bands, fastpass+ experiences that fail to register in the parks, inability to make room charges and inability to open the room doors with the bands. The CM have all been nice but I haven't enjoyed being the free guinis pig for the test. It's not a fun way to spend the week :(

I just want the magic back

I feel your frustration. But remember, you are the one who agreed to be part of the test. Disney is not forcing any guests to do it that do not want to. Guests are NOT testing the final product. Therefore, the system is NOT expected to run perfectly. Testing is done to determine what aspects of MM+ are working and what aspects are not working. Because Disney is Disney, they will compensate you some way for having to deal with GR for 6 hours.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I feel your frustration. But remember, you are the one who agreed to be part of the test. Disney is not forcing any guests to do it that do not want to. Guests are NOT testing the final product. Therefore, the system is NOT expected to run perfectly. Testing is done to determine what aspects of MM+ are working and what aspects are not working. Because Disney is Disney, they will compensate you some way for having to deal with GR for 6 hours. But it's getting pretty pathetic when you have guests complaining that their whole vacation has been ruined all because they agreed to be a part of a test that didn't run flawlessly.
Agreed. I would imagine they'd let you switch back to a KTTW if it's that bad.

Minthorne

I feel your frustration. But remember, you are the one who agreed to be part of the test. Disney is not forcing any guests to do it that do not want to. Guests are NOT testing the final product. Therefore, the system is NOT expected to run perfectly. Testing is done to determine what aspects of MM+ are working and what aspects are not working. Because Disney is Disney, they will compensate you some way for having to deal with GR for 6 hours. But it's getting pretty pathetic when you have guests complaining that their whole vacation has been ruined all because they agreed to be a part of a test that didn't run flawlessly.

I think you over inflated my post. I never intended to express my trip was ruined, I was just sharing my experiences. Thanks for your feedback though!

Minthorne

Agreed. I would imagine they'd let you switch back to a KTTW if it's that bad.

Actually we asked to back out and they asked if we would reconsider and comtinue with the test. They replaced 4 out of 6 of our bands and edited the configuration of one more. We are hopeful tomorrow. As I mentioned, the CMs have been excellent.

Minthorne

Sorry! My advice: express your frustration to the concierge in charge of the MM+ testing. I have been told by a credible source that they have been instructed to "make sure you have a great trip, even if there are problems with MM+"

At a minimum, you should be compensated for your trouble somehow. 6 hours too long for anyone to have to deal with. Did they give you a reason for the problems you were having?

Honestly Disney has done a lot to make us know they appreciate our feedback and patience. The only responses they have given us as to the why was the new system was still a test.

luv

Honestly Disney has done a lot to make us know they appreciate our feedback and patience. The only responses they have given us as to the why was the new system was still a test.
That's really nice of you to keep helping them out, even when it has a negative impact on your vacation!!

You're a real Disney trouper!

Let us know how you like it the rest of the time. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But unless the RFID system is a secure one (there are non-secure RFID's much cheaper to produce and in many applications security of the RFID is not required) they can easily be 'cloned' with an equipment set the size of a paperback novel

You are forgetting two things.

First, that the feared privacy concern that you mention doesn't really exist since no private information exists on the bands to be slurped up by an RFID reader.

Second, you failed to mention that the first fact was explained in Iger's response to the congressman. The congressman's letter basically showed that he didn't have the most basic understanding of MM+ and hadn't even read the company's initial information releases about it. Iger thoroughly ate the congressman's lunch in his response.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And by not going out into the call center and LIVING it you have no idea how well it functions, Or even if it functions at all.

Two thoughts: First, if you believe that the queues are the company's product, I think that you are mistaken. Second, one need not use a company's product to understand the benefits of it.

One of my responsibilities is overseeing a unit that has a call center. I never have not will I ever sit down and make calls in the call center. I am also not in the demographic targeted by the call center. Yet I still understand and tout the benefits of the call center.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And this is PRECISELY why the parks are going to a well known underworld in a handbasket, How DARE a peon speak to their betters without permission, Their job is to shut up and do what they are told Look at the films with Walt and Eisner both of them actively engaged the CM's mainly because the CM's have the pulse of the business is it going well or is business declining and many of them have constructive ideas on how to serve the customers better.

It's the whole premise for the 'Undercover Boss' show where CEO's really learn how their companies are performing without the rose colored filters middle management puts on everything.

Interesting. The only way I can envision a CM getting fired for something like that is if he/she abandoned their job responsibilities to go out of their way to speak to him. Executives and celebrities come through the parks all of the time, and as long as you continue with your job and are respectful to them, you won't get fired for saying hello. You just can't go out of your way to interact with them, they have to interact with you first.

TomorrowlandKD

Will we still be able, in advance, choose our fastpasses if we're not staying AT a Disney resort? Or will I get screwed out of this (going in December). How will they know when I'm going if I'm not AT a disney resort?

ToTBellHop

So your saying the cm was fired on the spot in front of guests and everyone for saying Hi? In California that will lead to a huge lawsuit. Not trying to doubt you just seems like there may be more to this story that you were unaware of.
There must be more. Did the CM insult Staggs' wife? Was a glove thrown?

bhg469

So your saying the cm was fired on the spot in front of guests and everyone for saying Hi? In California that will lead to a huge lawsuit. Not trying to doubt you just seems like there may be more to this story that you were unaware of.
Anything can be spun in favor of the company, no lawsuit will happen. Apple employees in cupertino were told to not address steve jobs if they saw him..

My guess is that they did leave their post to say hello or may have neglected a guest doing so. I wasn't there but I have no doubt that it could have happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom