Rumor My Genie Conclusions - The Future of WDW’s Ticketing

RSoxNo1

Something mildly logical would be:

• Premier Access / Lightning Pass would be a ticket add on and not a pay for use system. Potentially an incentive for resort guests, DVC and/or certain APs
  • Instant / Premier Access / Lightning Pass + would be a day of pay for use system on the app

Mickey2021

To your first point Covid is causing a reset of the employment market, before Wall St could just import some more cheap workers from 'somewhere' with borders largely closed we are seeing a long overdue re-evaluation of what wages and prices SHOULD be, will prices increase, Yes, yes they will but not as much as you might think because since the 1980's the lion's share of profit has been going to executives and wall st.

So yes earnings will decline somewhat however more will have decent jobs so after a freakout of short duration. Wall St will adjust to the 'new normal' with most companies reporting stable earnings rather than the current unsustainable Growth, Growth, Growth mantra of recent times.

Yes there still will be rapidly growing companies but hopefully we get back to the business of paying dividends and trying to maintain 'Level Flight' on corporate earnings.
That's a lot of wishful thinking. This economy is headed for a severe slowdown followed by more big government money printing and high inflation. No matter what the talking heads "news" say I think we are going into a stagflation event and many people will not have the disposable income to be going to Disney for fun.

Of course this is just my opinion but in the two industries that my wife and I work for I can see it already. There is currently a huge shortage of nurses in MA right now due to the vaccine requirements and crappy work environment and the universities in the area are still down 30% for this fall's enrollments from pre-covid times. UNH is "merging" with the community colleges and there are going to be a lot of layoffs. That doesn't look great to me.

Not that you disputed anything here but to speak to the original post that you were responding to, I know of two "mom and pop" couples in their 60's that are losing their rental apartments due to their inability to pay for the mortgage because the tenets haven't paid rent in over a year. One of the couples only has 40k left on the mortgage and the bank is taking the whole thing from them. It's ridiculous! That apartment was their only retirement income and now they are elderly and broke because of these actions. The distortions to the economy that the current administration is creating will take decades to straighten out.

ImperfectPixie

That's a lot of wishful thinking. This economy is headed for a severe slowdown followed by more big government money printing and high inflation. No matter what the talking heads "news" say I think we are going into a stagflation event and many people will not have the disposable income to be going to Disney for fun.

Of course this is just my opinion but in the two industries that my wife and I work for I can see it already. There is currently a huge shortage of nurses in MA right now due to the vaccine requirements and crappy work environment and the universities in the area are still down 30% for this fall's enrollments from pre-covid times. UNH is "merging" with the community colleges and there are going to be a lot of layoffs. That doesn't look great to me.

Not that you disputed anything here but to speak to the original post that you were responding to, I know of two "mom and pop" couples in their 60's that are losing their rental apartments due to their inability to pay for the mortgage because the tenets haven't paid rent in over a year. One of the couples only has 40k left on the mortgage and the bank is taking the whole thing from them. It's ridiculous! That apartment was their only retirement income and now they are elderly and broke because of these actions. The distortions to the economy that the current administration is creating will take decades to straighten out.
I think you mean the economic issues caused by the global pandemic that's killed millions will take decades to straighten out.

Also, don't forget that there were 2 stimulus plans passed prior to November by the previous administration.

Last edited:

skypilot2922

I suspect that when the system goes down, it will likely turn green for everyone who scans in. That’s what the “offline mode” for FP+ was anyhow.

Ah but FP+ was 'free', This is an upcharge item so default will be NO, The new failure mode will be system goes down after charging your CC but before generating the premier access passcodes, in hopes that people will not call their card company to have the charges reversed for a service never received.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interesting. I don’t see anything crazy about it. It looks like it could be for super planners. I don’t see it changing much for me as I usually just enjoy going to the park to hang out and don’t really mind what I end up doing. I’m not going to stress about it.
Aren’t you an employee? Or like 10 miles out?
Has any new Disney IT initiative ever in the history of magic ever been THAT good and actually worked at volume? Skeptical.
You don’t remember the “Disney Unicorn”?
Something mildly logical would be:

• Premier Access / Lightning Pass would be a ticket add on and not a pay for use system. Potentially an incentive for resort guests, DVC and/or certain APs
  • Instant / Premier Access / Lightning Pass + would be a day of pay for use system on the app
Zero need to do that
Sorry about the Sawx…by the way…tar and feather Tampa Bloom
He's one of us. Maybe the OP himself...
ChappSlap is just clever enough to self leak/quote…
It IS incredible ... for the institutional stockholders
The CPEPF would like to thank the people of the East coast, rust belt and Western Europe for providing security and comfort for tens of millions of retired Californians 👍🏻

castlecake2.0

Aren’t you an employee? Or like 10 miles out?

You don’t remember the “Disney Unicorn”?

Zero need to do that
Sorry about the Sawx…by the way…tar and feather Tampa Bloom

ChappSlap is just clever enough to self leak/quote…

The CPEPF would like to thank the people of the East coast, rust belt and Western Europe for providing security and comfort for tens of millions of retired Californians 👍🏻
I’m both. Like I said, I probably won’t use it so I’m not going to worry about it personally. I know that’s not going to be every persons experience, curious to learn more about what it will include.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m both. Like I said, I probably won’t use it so I’m not going to worry about it personally. I know that’s not going to be every persons experience, curious to learn more about what it will include.
Well that’s cool…but it literally doesn’t apply to you.

so just a touch of disconnect, no?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Genie? Robin Williams or Will Smith? These timelines are so confusing.
1628813781729.png

castlecake2.0

I don’t…I rather like you. You haven’t seen my hulk side…

…but you were drifting into “defense of the company” territory there a bit
Ok no hulk smashes please lol. Not defending “the company” just saying for my park style I’m not bothered. I am very curious to see how it will effect average guests though.

If we start a thread about their current handling of Disney store you’ll see I’m not always pro company

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know why you always want to argue with me, I’m sure there’s other people that just enjoy visiting the parks and going with the flow. I know it’s not they typical guest, but it’s still a guest type.
There are lots…your talking to one. I’m not there for the rides…

but many are…and they are paying a TON to do it. More by the veritable minute.

and if it was trickling down to you and your comrades…I would support it. But that’s never where it goes.

so we feed the beast and the beast is trying to actively eat us anyway

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok no hulk smashes please lol. Not defending “the company” just saying for my park style I’m not bothered. I am very curious to see how it will effect average guests though.

If we start a thread about their current handling of Disney store you’ll see I’m not always pro company
I used to work indirectly for Mister Disney Store decades ago…that ship was sunk long ago.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
So now that I found out that I’m Bob Chapek, what should I do next? I’m thinking of gating each individual land inside each park and just doing an up charge to enter any land inside the park besides Main Street, Stroller Rentals / Spaceship Earth / Mouse Gear, Hollywood Blvd, and Discovery Island. Your thoughts?

Chomama

So now that I found out that I’m Bob Chapek, what should I do next? I’m thinking of gating each individual land inside each park and just doing an up charge to enter any land inside the park besides Main Street, Stroller Rentals / Spaceship Earth / Mouse Gear, Hollywood Blvd, and Discovery Island. Your thoughts?
Bring back jalapeño cheese stuffed pretzels

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom