Rumor My Genie Conclusions - The Future of WDW’s Ticketing

Brenthodge

Great post, hard truth.
Sums things up rather nicely regarding what has become of WDW over the last couple of decades.

Well said, my friend.

-
Sad sad. I do. I will and I mourn for my kids who never had the chance to experience it like I did. Relaxing? Probably not for my parents, but enjoyable? Most definitely. The ship has sailed and I don’t see it ever returning to harbor.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Great post, hard truth.
Sums things up rather nicely regarding what has become of WDW over the last couple of decades.

Well said, my friend.

-

Sad sad. I do. I will and I mourn for my kids who never had the chance to experience it like I did. Relaxing? Probably not for my parents, but enjoyable? Most definitely. The ship has sailed and I don’t see it ever returning to harbor.
I warned about what was going on under “fantastic” Bob Iger for over a decade (here and another forum prior…I have witnesses)

parks were NOT being treated/run the right way for longterm brand value and quality. Eisner got booted in a big part because of that…and hell - he built a lot of them…

then “price tag Bob”‘leaves and an absolute yutz is left in charge.
It’s extreme mismanagement…and it’s just starting to set in. This is gonna be bad for awhile.

They absolutely do this. They don’t demand favorable reviews, they just stop inviting you if they don’t get them. That’s WHY Touringplans doesn’t get the special invites for most things.

Pete from the Dis has a direct access relationship with Disney Parks management, according to Pete from the Dis, he talks about it constantly and really wants us all to know about it. i won’t comment on Tom.
Newbie here. What’s the “site that shall not be named” and who’s Tom?

Also, if I ever make it to Universal, I’m willing to try Hagrid’s (theming and ride vehicles look fun), but no way could I handle a velociraptor or (probably) the drop in the Jurassic ride. I’m part of the camp (that I presume exists) that gets bummed that almost every new ride or replacement is a thrill ride now ( guess not “rat”). Of course, I also miss EPCOT of my ‘80s/‘90s youth, so I’m probably squarely in some undesirable quadrant for Disney, except for nostalgia-merch ;)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They absolutely do this. They don’t demand favorable reviews, they just stop inviting you if they don’t get them. That’s WHY Touringplans doesn’t get the special invites for most things.

Pete from the Dis has a direct access relationship with Disney Parks management, according to Pete from the Dis, he talks about it constantly and really wants us all to know about it. i won’t comment on Tom.
Paid for schills…not a new story. I’ll say no more

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Also, if I ever make it to Universal, I’m willing to try Hagrid’s (theming and ride vehicles look fun), but no way could I handle a velociraptor or (probably) the drop in the Jurassic ride. I’m part of the camp (that I presume exists) that gets bummed that almost every new ride or replacement is a thrill ride now ( guess not “rat”). Of course, I also miss EPCOT of my ‘80s/‘90s youth, so I’m probably squarely in some undesirable quadrant for Disney, except for nostalgia-merch ;)
Light cycle is the only “thrill” ride going in at wdw…guardians “should” be…but I think it will be more tame than people assume

the rest are not. Slinky would be more “extreme” than anything opened since

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So now that I found out that I’m Bob Chapek, what should I do next? I’m thinking of gating each individual land inside each park and just doing an up charge to enter any land inside the park besides Main Street, Stroller Rentals / Spaceship Earth / Mouse Gear, Hollywood Blvd, and Discovery Island. Your thoughts?
Let us buy on Genie+ an upgrade so that we can arrange to have a ride's car or train exclusively to ourselves. I don't want to share my RotR car or a Slinky Dog train with other people. Yuk!

RSoxNo1

In what way is it over complicated?

I just feel like the amount of launches with show scenes and blocks that it runs makes it over complicated. Like it’s a technical marvel, but I worry about the longevity of it because of how complicated it is. That’s why I see it as over complicated.

Same way as I see ROTR as over complicated, except it isn’t as groundbreaking as Hagrids is
Hagrids faces many technical / operational challenges due to it's complexity. It doesn't take away from an amazing ride experience once you're on it, but it still has reliability problems.

UNCgolf

The drop in the Jurassic ride is about the same as Splash Mountain, so if you like Splash you shouldn't have any issues with Jurassic Park River Adventure. If you don't like Splash, then yeah, best to avoid it.

I'm with you, though -- I would prefer Disney built a bunch of rides like the EPCOT classics and eschewed thrill rides entirely, but if they're going to build them, they at least need to be like Expedition Everest and not like Velocicoaster (i.e. highly themed and not detract from the surrounding area).

Mickeynerd17

I'm curious about how this app will affect MagicBands. Since everything is going to be done on the phone, wouldn't they just phase out MagicBands in favor of using phones all the time?

Last edited:

skypilot2922

Everything is done on your phone now, you just use the MagicBand as the tapping device. I don't know why that would change?

Because all android and iphones now have a NFC feature so the MB is no longer necessary as it was in the early days of FP+, SARCASM
But you will be able to buy a custom disney lock screen for 29.95 think of it as a NFT
SARCASM OFF

mightynine

I'm curious about how this app will affect MagicBands. Since everything is going to be done on the phone, wouldn't they just phase out MagicBands in favor of using phones all the time?
All of that is connected to your Disney Account. The Magicband is just there for you to tap it on something. When they rolled out, such a feature wasn't yet a standard on all smart phones/watches/etc.

Kittlesona

All of that is connected to your Disney Account. The Magicband is just there for you to tap it on something. When they rolled out, such a feature wasn't yet a standard on all smart phones/watches/etc.
I tried using only MagicMobile this trip, but switched back to my MagicBand as it was honestly more convenient. ROTR boarding groups and opening the hotel door were particularly obnoxious on the phone compared to swiping a MagicBand.

Muffinpants

Because all android and iphones now have a NFC feature so the MB is no longer necessary as it was in the early days of FP+, SARCASM
But you will be able to buy a custom disney lock screen for 29.95 think of it as a NFT
SARCASM OFF
But all my kids wont be with me all the time or have there phones on them and charged properly so I like the magic bands. I get to control everything on my phone and they still can go do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom