My beautiful niece!

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
I received a phone call the other day that my niece who is away at college was attacked by a pitbull the other night. Her mom flew down to be with her. Her face is pretty badly injured... the good thing was that there was a Plastic Surgeon on duty at the hospital when she was brought in, and the Plastic Surgeon is the one that stitched up her face. She will require more plastic surgery in about a year. She is the third person this pitbull has attacked. We ourselves have a pitbull X lab, and she is just the biggest love bug... why do people raise their animals to be aggressive??? I'm sooo UPSET by this whole thing... I feel so sad for her!!!

The Mom

Premium Member
That's horrible!

I hope that the dog was finally removed from the owners! I think Florida has the "one bite" law. After the first bite, you have to post a bad dog sign on your property, and muzzle the dog when walking. After the second bite, the dog is put down.

Of course, this is all dependent upon the first bite being reported, and the owners following the law. (Which might not be the case with people who train their dog to attack in the first place!)

AliciaLuvzDizne

omg its the dog's THIRD BITE??

im sorry i love animals just as much as the next person but there comes a point when people need to realize PEOPLE COME FIRST!! That ANIMAL needs to be put down probably and the owners should pay for all the damage it has caused and some of the emotional scarring it's caused too!

I hope your niece is doing better real soon, but i know it can be scary to live with a visable scar. Thankfully the plastic surgeon was on duty that night, that will help with the scarring some im sure

give her a big hug for all of us when you see her!! and here's one for you too !!

Erika

That's a horrible story :(

I'm just glad your niece is ok!

People can be idiots- what can I say :rolleyes: Working at the shelter, I deal with a lot of stupidity! That doesn't mean it makes any sense. Sounds like these people need to think about something they can handle a little bit better, like a nice goldfish.

JBSLJames

I will keep your niece in my thoughts and prayers. I know that, many many years ago, when my sister was attacked by a dog, she could no longer be around one regardless of their size or breed.

GB.

tigsmom

Sending good thoughts & prayers her way from NY.
There seems to be so much of it going on around the country. Just recently a womam by us was attacked on her deck after she cleaned up the garbage the dog had gone thru, it tried to pull her out of her house! She had reported the pit bull wandering the neighborhood, but they could never find it. They finally did when it bit a little girl. The judge ordered the dog put down immediately...that day!!!!!

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
thanks everyone for your words of encouragement... and your thoughts & prayers! no word from my brother today yet... no news is good news he always says... :)

WDWFREAK53

OMG!!! This is horrible...I just got to this thread now and wish I had been able to send the good thoughts her way earlier!

People are so dumb sometimes...I hate to see vicious animals...especially PETS...it's one thing if they're in the wild...in their environment...

(Erika...I think even certain people could make a goldfish vicious...(ever see Duece Bigelow?))

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
I received a phone call the other day that my niece who is away at college was attacked by a pitbull the other night. Her mom flew down to be with her. Her face is pretty badly injured... the good thing was that there was a Plastic Surgeon on duty at the hospital when she was brought in, and the Plastic Surgeon is the one that stitched up her face. She will require more plastic surgery in about a year. She is the third person this pitbull has attacked. We ourselves have a pitbull X lab, and she is just the biggest love bug... why do people raise their animals to be aggressive??? I'm sooo UPSET by this whole thing... I feel so sad for her!!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with her. I hope everything is well. She is truely blessed that it was not more severe.

Best wishes...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom