My Awful Universal/IOA Day :(

Laura

Premium Member
I know this is an older thread, but it deserves a bump of recognition.

cat_FACEPALM.jpg

We get it, you have a Universal Studios grudge. Please stop bumping every single old post where someone else has complained about Universal just to have an excuse to complain about Universal some more. Why don't you start a "list of reasons I hate Universal Studios" thread and get it all out of your system at once? :rolleyes:

EvanAnderson

^He's doing it so that people will think that UO is a terrible place by seeing all these topics, and then creating "We Love WDW" ones on the Disney side. Maybe he'll see that both places are run by people who make mistakes, even himself. Although I see it going like this:

"Wow, Jungle Cruise's queue is trashed!!! That's okay, it must be theming!"
"Wow, we've been stuck on Haunted Mansion for 30 minutes with no announcement or anything! That's okay, gives us a lot of time to look at Madam Leota!"
"The park is packed today! 90 minute waits for everything!! Oh well, still magical!"

OR

"We got stuck on Mummy for 3 minutes, this place sucks! The maintenance here is terrible!"
"At Men In Black there was a map on the ground. What a piece of crap this place is!"
"That Team Member told me to put my bag in a locker! What a loser! It's not like it's going to come loose or anything!" ::cue California Screamin' stopping on the ride tracks due to a loose article.::

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
^He's doing it so that people will think that UO is a terrible place by seeing all these topics, and then creating "We Love WDW" ones on the Disney side. Maybe he'll see that both places are run by people who make mistakes, even himself. Although I see it going like this:

"Wow, Jungle Cruise's queue is trashed!!! That's okay, it must be theming!"
"Wow, we've been stuck on Haunted Mansion for 30 minutes with no announcement or anything! That's okay, gives us a lot of time to look at Madam Leota!"
"The park is packed today! 90 minute waits for everything!! Oh well, still magical!"

OR

"We got stuck on Mummy for 3 minutes, this place sucks! The maintenance here is terrible!"
"At Men In Black there was a map on the ground. What a piece of crap this place is!"
"That Team Member told me to put my bag in a locker! What a loser! It's not like it's going to come loose or anything!" ::cue California Screamin' stopping on the ride tracks due to a loose article.::
:ROFLOL: That was awesome and 100% correct.

Bravo 229

This just in: Rides break down! :eek:

I myself had a bad experience at USF a few years ago and didn't want to go back, but I went over a couple of weeks ago just for the day and ended up becoming a passholder. Sure, my music didn't work on Rip Ride Rockit, The Mummy was 101, Forbidden Journey broke down for a few minutes while I was on it and ET didn't say my name, but that doesn't mean its the worst place in the world and nobody should ever go there. Maybe you should actually go and give them another try, you might have **gasp** fun!

Crockett

Banned
This just in: Rides break down! :eek:
But Uni has a history of massive breakdowns. Remember Kong back in it's glory days? It seemed like every other day, the attraction was down for some sort of maint. issue. How about the first version of Jaws? It was a nightmare. Luckily, the park got all the kinks worked out with the new version...but now it too will be gone.

Fantasmic

When I was in Florida in Sept, Splash was broke at some point in the day EVERY time we went to the MK... we were there for 2 weeks, went at least 5 times to the MK!

We nearly got e-vacd off Cheeta Hunt at BG. (it rolled back on the 2nd launch, some people got off, we stayed on)

In 2009 we got e-vacd off the TTA.

Rides break down.... it's not unusual!

stitch2008

Im gonna through my 0.02 into this. I am not a Universal fan. I use to be, but Im not anymore. My issues with them come down to two things; customer service and maitenence issues. No before you start calling me a Disney lover anti Universal troll, just let me explain.

My customer service issues steam from the fact that I see a day and night difference between Disney CM's and Uni's cast. Ive just seen some very rude workers at Universal.

My bigger issue is with their maitenence crew. I dont care about rides breaking down. That happens at every park in the world. My issue is with both the kind and frequency of breakdowns. My beef with them steams from the state that they let Hulk get into before finally repainting it. It wasnt a sad state. It was a pathetic state. Where I work, if a coaster was left to look the way Hulk did for a while, people would fired and heads would be flying. And then of course there is the situation with Rip Rocket or whatever its called. Ive heard nothing but complaints about how rough and boring the ride is from friends and co-workers. And to me what compounds my frustration is while Rocket keeps having its issues, some behind the scenes, the park and some fans keep pushing all the secret songs you can unlock. No one cares about secret songs. They dont make the ride any smoother. Hopefully the new trains coming will make it better. But they should had those trains well before this.

Call me a troll. Call me a Disney lover. Call me a nit picker. I dont really care. I get paid to nit pick. When I see issues with my coaster I address it. If my coaster needs a repaint, I tell management and we start planning. If the coaster is running rough, we take a closer look at our trains. Im just really telling you how I feel. IMO, Uni's maitenence is not really what it should be. Yeah everyones ride break down. But for me, issues go beyond that. When you let Hulk look like crap, and let Rocket beat its riders, trains, and super structure up, you arent just having issues; you arent doing your job. I swear you could get Hulk repainted after hours in a few days if you had the tools. And its not that hard to do work on a train for Rocket during third shirft, or opening inspection. Or heck during annuals.

Just some frustrations from a guy whos had to fix broken down rides before. I know what Disney, SeaWorld and Uni's guys and gals go through. But some of that crap you cant just let happen.

disney fan 13

Im gonna through my 0.02 into this. I am not a Universal fan. I use to be, but Im not anymore. My issues with them come down to two things; customer service and maitenence issues. No before you start calling me a Disney lover anti Universal troll, just let me explain.

My customer service issues steam from the fact that I see a day and night difference between Disney CM's and Uni's cast. Ive just seen some very rude workers at Universal.

You do realize that most workers work at both right

My bigger issue is with their maitenence crew. I dont care about rides breaking down. That happens at every park in the world. My issue is with both the kind and frequency of breakdowns. My beef with them steams from the state that they let Hulk get into before finally repainting it. It wasnt a sad state. It was a pathetic state. Where I work, if a coaster was left to look the way Hulk did for a while, people would fired and heads would be flying. And then of course there is the situation with Rip Rocket or whatever its called. Ive heard nothing but complaints about how rough and boring the ride is from friends and co-workers. And to me what compounds my frustration is while Rocket keeps having its issues, some behind the scenes, the park and some fans keep pushing all the secret songs you can unlock. No one cares about secret songs. They dont make the ride any smoother. Hopefully the new trains coming will make it better. But they should had those trains well before this.

So you are saying that they should not have left things too long (*cough epcot *cough) before fixing them. Fair. but they are getting fixed unlike there friend down I-4 ( yes i know everything does not have to be disney v uni but he says he loves disney sooo..)

Call me a troll. Call me a Disney lover. Call me a nit picker. I dont really care. I get paid to nit pick. When I see issues with my coaster I address it. If my coaster needs a repaint, I tell management and we start planning. If the coaster is running rough, we take a closer look at our trains. Im just really telling you how I feel. IMO, Uni's maitenence is not really what it should be. Yeah everyones ride break down. But for me, issues go beyond that. When you let Hulk look like crap, and let Rocket beat its riders, trains, and super structure up, you arent just having issues; you arent doing your job. I swear you could get Hulk repainted after hours in a few days if you had the tools. And its not that hard to do work on a train for Rocket during third shirft, or opening inspection. Or heck during annuals.

Were do you work? since i do not know of one company that gets that done anymore.

Just some frustrations from a guy whos had to fix broken down rides before. I know what Disney, SeaWorld and Uni's guys and gals go through. But some of that crap you cant just let happen.

anyway...

stitch2008

anyway...

Wow.

1. I realize that. But I don't really care if they work in both places or not. Im still just saying ive had bad experience at Universal and havent at WDW yet. I know im gonna have a bad customer service at WDW eventually and whenever I get back to USO i'll probably have a good customer experience. And then ill go to SeaWorld and they'll blow my mind or something. Thats the way it goes. I'm just calling it as I have seen it. You can handle that right champ?

2. "Oh yeah, well Disney left a wand up and they cant fix a Yeti so whats your point?" Where did Disney come into this? Where exactly in my post did I say Disney does a better job at that stuff then Universal? No seriously, go look at my post again and find where I say that. Cause it sounds like your making an excuse for the why it wasnt repainted.

Whats going on down I-4 has no effect on whats going on at USO in that regard. I dont care if Bob Iger comes out tomorrow an says he's replacing all the classic characters in the parks and using the smurfs instead. When it comes to maitenence, you worry about your own stuff. Nothing happening down I-4 should be keeping them from painting the Hulk when it looks like Godzilla barfed over it. Did you ever see the pics of Hulk just before it was repainted? If you havent, go look it up. Then come back and tell me that repainting the Hulk is on the same level as keeping the wand up.

BTW champ, I'm not a Disney lover. All I said was, you can call me that if you want. And apparently you did. I have beef with Disney's crew too. But i'll get to them in time. For now, I found this thread. Just try and take some criticism.

Rowdy

Stitch2008, you're not allowed to have a negative opinion in this part of the forums. A lot of the steady posters in here are very sensitive. Instead of discussing a topic, they attack you (like you've just seen) and bring up totally unrelated Disney subject to try to justify their weak points. I'm just waiting for the three poster children of this forum to try to come tell you that you're wrong for having the opinion you have. I'm not sure if they feel inferior or what, but it's just how it is, unfortunately.

stitch2008

Stitch2008, you're not allowed to have a negative opinion in this part of the forums. A lot of the steady posters in here are very sensitive. Instead of discussing a topic, they attack you (like you've just seen) and bring up totally unrelated Disney subject to try to justify their weak points. I'm just waiting for the three poster children of this forum to try to come tell you that you're wrong for having the opinion you have. I'm not sure if they feel inferior or what, but it's just how it is, unfortunately.

Oh I can't wait. Im totally expecting to get more excuses that make no sense.

Where I go to work we repaint a coaster when it starts to show serious fading. Not when the track has been rusting for months. Id love to hear an explanation actually. The first excuse was amusing.

Captain Chaos

When was the last time you went to Universal and dealt with their customer service/Team Members???

I ask because I used to feel the same way you did. My first visit to Universal was 2001. I didn't care much for it. My trips were always about Disney. I did not go back to Universal until 2004, and again felt the same way: terrible attitudes on Team Members, poor customer service, and horrible maintenance. The final straw came in 2008. My friends wanted to go to Universal and Halloween Horror Nights. I was against it based on previous experiences, but I caved in. And sure enough, we encountered the worst attitudes I have ever encountered at a theme park. This led me to complain to Guest Services, where I had an argument with a manager. And what was the argument over? My shirt of all things (I had on a Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow jersey). I made them reimburse me for the HHN tickets, which they claim they would never do, but they did. I got back from my trip and called Guest Services main number. I put in another complaint, including the names of the Team Members and Manager. The person I spoke with offered me 2 free tickets for my next trip. I vowed I would never step in the park again.

Well, in 2009, I took them up on the offer and visited Universal/IOA for the day. And I can say I had a blast. The attitudes of the Team Members had improved greatly. Not near Disney levels, but way better than in the past. That experience, plus the addition of Wizarding World, led me to visit Universal again this past year, 2011. I can honestly say they have made great strides in their customer service. Their service is lightyears ahead of where it was before. The attitudes of the Team Members were much improved, and in the 3 days I spent in their parks, I never encountered one nasty employee. In fact, even their phone customer service has improved. I give them kudos. They are trying to improve and are succeeding.

Rip Rocket is an engineering fail. Most everyone on the internet feels the say way about that ride. It is too rough. It is an eyesore. I have never rode it based on reviews I have heard from others. If they are getting new trains, hopefully that fixes the issues of the roughness of the ride. Until then, Rip Rocket is really terrible.

I also agree with you on Hulk. I tried to avoid Hulk my last trip, but I had friends who wanted to go on it, and I was talked into it. I regret that now. The ride was extremely rough. My neck was sore and I had a headache after the ride. I didn't notice the tracks being in bad shape paint-wise. But the trains and roughness make this one coaster I will not ride in future trips.

I will also throw in Dragon Challenge. When I was there in October, the ride looked in terrible shape. I thought the paint job was terrible. The ride itself was rough. I hated the ride. I won't even talk about the queue. I feel like they cheapened out with the queue.

I take it you work in a theme park or amusement park? Not going to ask which one, but I agree with you. There really is no excuse for any theme park to let an attraction go to the crapper. I visit my local Six Flags on most weekends during the season, and I can say I don't think I ever seen one of the coasters look in bad shape. The paint is always looks refreshed. I never notice any chips or poorly maintained tracks/trains. Other than Bizarro (which is probably the roughest coaster I ever been on, even more so that Hulk and DC), I can never say Six Flags is ever in a terrible state. While not in perfect shape, I never get the feeling that things are not maintained properly or the management is cheap.

stitch2008

When was the last time you went to Universal and dealt with their customer service/Team Members???

I ask because I used to feel the same way you did. My first visit to Universal was 2001. I didn't care much for it. My trips were always about Disney. I did not go back to Universal until 2004, and again felt the same way: terrible attitudes on Team Members, poor customer service, and horrible maintenance. The final straw came in 2008. My friends wanted to go to Universal and Halloween Horror Nights. I was against it based on previous experiences, but I caved in. And sure enough, we encountered the worst attitudes I have ever encountered at a theme park. This led me to complain to Guest Services, where I had an argument with a manager. And what was the argument over? My shirt of all things (I had on a Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow jersey). I made them reimburse me for the HHN tickets, which they claim they would never do, but they did. I got back from my trip and called Guest Services main number. I put in another complaint, including the names of the Team Members and Manager. The person I spoke with offered me 2 free tickets for my next trip. I vowed I would never step in the park again.

Well, in 2009, I took them up on the offer and visited Universal/IOA for the day. And I can say I had a blast. The attitudes of the Team Members had improved greatly. Not near Disney levels, but way better than in the past. That experience, plus the addition of Wizarding World, led me to visit Universal again this past year, 2011. I can honestly say they have made great strides in their customer service. Their service is lightyears ahead of where it was before. The attitudes of the Team Members were much improved, and in the 3 days I spent in their parks, I never encountered one nasty employee. In fact, even their phone customer service has improved. I give them kudos. They are trying to improve and are succeeding.

Rip Rocket is an engineering fail. Most everyone on the internet feels the say way about that ride. It is too rough. It is an eyesore. I have never rode it based on reviews I have heard from others. If they are getting new trains, hopefully that fixes the issues of the roughness of the ride. Until then, Rip Rocket is really terrible.

I also agree with you on Hulk. I tried to avoid Hulk my last trip, but I had friends who wanted to go on it, and I was talked into it. I regret that now. The ride was extremely rough. My neck was sore and I had a headache after the ride. I didn't notice the tracks being in bad shape paint-wise. But the trains and roughness make this one coaster I will not ride in future trips.

I will also throw in Dragon Challenge. When I was there in October, the ride looked in terrible shape. I thought the paint job was terrible. The ride itself was rough. I hated the ride. I won't even talk about the queue. I feel like they cheapened out with the queue.

I take it you work in a theme park or amusement park? Not going to ask which one, but I agree with you. There really is no excuse for any theme park to let an attraction go to the crapper. I visit my local Six Flags on most weekends during the season, and I can say I don't think I ever seen one of the coasters look in bad shape. The paint is always looks refreshed. I never notice any chips or poorly maintained tracks/trains. Other than Bizarro (which is probably the roughest coaster I ever been on, even more so that Hulk and DC), I can never say Six Flags is ever in a terrible state. While not in perfect shape, I never get the feeling that things are not maintained properly or the management is cheap.

My customer service fail was on my last trip in 2008. Rude ride ops and food service people. Im sure its different for other people. But when I went it wasnt good. Next time, im sure it will better as I said.

Rocket needed new trains the day after it opened. But they thought itd be better to add more music tracks to the ride. Once they complete the upcoming refurb of the ride, it could be better. But I doubt it. \

Im sorry Universal fans, but dxer07002 is on to something here. B&M's are not rough rides. I wasn't gonna mention how rough Hulk and Dueling Dragons(its not Dragon Challenge and never will) have been. Thats called taking poor care of your ride trains.

Yeah ive worked at a few places. Mainly up north. Finally found the right place and right job to settle down with. Now is the time im able to get some posting on the internet. Right now we are in the middle of annuals for winter, so no 6am to 3pm shifts for a while. :wave: But youve got it, totally rusted track in unacceptable. Cedar Fair, SeaWorld Parks and Resorts, and even Six Flags(though im not that high on them, sorry to say) know that. Cedar Point and Millenium Force is closest thing ive seen to a bad paint job. Thats when its color faded from blue to purple. But they repainted it back to its glory color. (Thats not where I work, my home park so I keep tab)

Captain Chaos

My customer service fail was on my last trip in 2008. Rude ride ops and food service people. Im sure its different for other people. But when I went it wasnt good. Next time, im sure it will better as I said.

Rocket needed new trains the day after it opened. But they thought itd be better to add more music tracks to the ride. Once they complete the upcoming refurb of the ride, it could be better. But I doubt it. \

Im sorry Universal fans, but dxer07002 is on to something here. B&M's are not rough rides. I wasn't gonna mention how rough Hulk and Dueling Dragons(its not Dragon Challenge and never will) have been. Thats called taking poor care of your ride trains.

Yeah ive worked at a few places. Mainly up north. Finally found the right place and right job to settle down with. Now is the time im able to get some posting on the internet. Right now we are in the middle of annuals for winter, so no 6am to 3pm shifts for a while. :wave: But youve got it, totally rusted track in unacceptable. Cedar Fair, SeaWorld Parks and Resorts, and even Six Flags(though im not that high on them, sorry to say) know that. Cedar Point and Millenium Force is closest thing ive seen to a bad paint job. Thats when its color faded from blue to purple. But they repainted it back to its glory color. (Thats not where I work, my home park so I keep tab)

Seems like 2008 was the year for horrible customer service there... The rude Team Member I encountered was at Simpsons.. And the manager was at Guest Services... Trust me when I say they have gotten light years better.. NOT perfect, but better... I am glad I gave them another chance... I know things aren't perfect there... They aren't perfect anywhere... But Universal and IOA can be fun if given the chance... I hope you do give another chance, but if not, it is totally understandable.. I wasn't going to but I did.. and I am happy I did...

stitch2008

Seems like 2008 was the year for horrible customer service there... The rude Team Member I encountered was at Simpsons.. And the manager was at Guest Services... Trust me when I say they have gotten light years better.. NOT perfect, but better... I am glad I gave them another chance... I know things aren't perfect there... They aren't perfect anywhere... But Universal and IOA can be fun if given the chance... I hope you do give another chance, but if not, it is totally understandable.. I wasn't going to but I did.. and I am happy I did...

Oh I probably will. Especially since the future Mrs., loves Potter. But I wont be doing much if rides stay as rough as they are.

Captain Chaos

Oh I probably will. Especially since the future Mrs., loves Potter. But I wont be doing much if rides stay as rough as they are.

Glad to hear you'll give Universal another chance... Anything you need to know or want to find out, feel free to hit me up on here... I'll be glad to help you out...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom