My Awful Universal/IOA Day :(

JT3000

I think you should write a letter complaining, after all you spent all that money on the ticket and didn't get to ride everything you wanted.

I must have missed the part where your park admission guaranteed that every ride would be operational.

MKCP 1985

I must have missed the part where your park admission guaranteed that every ride would be operational.

but you rarely miss an opportunity to defend Universal. :lol:

Let's recap the original post, shall we?

Harry Potter not open during soft opening period
Dragon Challenge closed for the day.
Hulk multiple delays while waiting in the queue and another after boarding the ride
Evacuation off Jurassic Park after lengthy delay at the end of the attraction.

Oh sure, a great day in the Islands of Adventure park! :rolleyes:

In a previous post you wrote, "Tourists waste their own time. They don't plan properly." I don't really know anyone who would have considered that day at Islands of Adventure time well spent or would know how to plan around those multiple breakdowns and shut downs in that park. :shrug:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Hulk multiple delays while waiting in the queue and another after boarding the ride

In a previous post you wrote, "Tourists waste their own time. They don't plan properly." I don't really know anyone who would have considered that day at Islands of Adventure time well spent or would know how to plan around those multiple breakdowns and shut downs in that park. :shrug:

So should I have lambasted the mouse for the multiple, simultaneous failures and refurbs during my visit?

Of course not, but then I dont live in Fantasy land.

cmatt

:confused:.... but this is wdw magic - and you have common sense?.... something ill smelling is afoot.

It was your own fault for failing to plan, you time wasting tourist. :lol:

enough with the planning and preparations already... as a fine, supple example of the British male - planning is best done on the flight over.

I mean - we have 12 long hours of flight time to do not that much.... :lookaroun

anyhew - i might complain about inclement weather - that spoiled my shenanigans left - right and centre.... :fork: the big guy is in SO MUCH TROUBLE when I get up there....

Mouse Man

Just get to the bottom line, UNI and Harry both suck and there resorts are over priced and deliver nothing, It would just be best to close this boring over priced Six flags themed wanna be resort / theme park. Most of Six flags are better sized than this waste of land.

Skip

Just get to the bottom line, UNI and Harry both suck and there resorts are over priced and deliver nothing, It would just be best to close this boring over priced Six flags themed wanna be resort / theme park. Most of Six flags are better sized than this waste of land.

Don't feed the troll, folks... :hammer:

Crockett

Banned
I planned my Disney Trip approximately 6 months in advance, and decided to go to Universal on the Thursday of our trip. I believe it was three months after I had planned everything (including all Disney ADRs) that Universal came out with the grand opening date of Harry Potter, June 18. Just my luck we were going the 17th. Thinking that perhaps we would get lucky and maybe a soft-opening/regular-opening would occur, we just hoped for the best. So the day comes, we decide to head straight to Potter (because other people on the WWOHP thread said to go early), and they said it was closed for the day.....awesome. We decide to head to dragons challenge, "sorry folks, dragons challenge is not operating today"....awesome. We decided to head for spiderman, which was a short wait, then we went in line for the hulk. We waited approximatly 30 minutes when the announcement came on "we're currently having technical difficulties" probably five times. Many people in line left but we decided to wait it out. After waiting a total of an hour and a half, we finally made it on. Just as we got buckled in "we're currently having technical difficulties" REALLLYYY!?!?. We waited 10 more minutes while we were buckled in and finally we were then cleared to go and we enjoyed our ride. After, we decided to head for the jurassic park ride. That was a short wait, we went through the whole ride and just as we were getting ready to get off the boats, there were four boats in front of us just waiting there. We waited 10 minutes, just floating there, then we heard a guy who worked at the ride yell "sorry folks, we are experiencing technical difficulties, we should be getting you on your way shortly." Two workers had to manually release the lap-bars and hold every riders hand individually to step up onto the platform. At this point we were so done with everything we just wanted to leave. We went to universal and went on the mummy, rip-ride-rockit, and we went to head for men in black and ET, the lines were outside of the main queue, so we just decided to head out. We got to see the madagascar penguins (which was the highlight of the day......imagine). We ate at margarittaville and did some shopping, but overall I was VERY disappointed in universal. Considering a one day ticket is $110, we absolutely DID NOT get our moneys worth. I understand that the official opening day of WWOHP wasn't until the next day, but everything put together just made our day awful. It just made Disney look a billion times better though. Has anyone else experienced such an awful day as this?
I know this is an older thread, but it deserves a bump of recognition. This story reminds me so much of a time back in the early 90's, when it was just USF, of course. First attraction we headed to was Kongfrontation. Broken. So we decided to wander over to the (now closed) Earthquake attraction. Broken. Then it was around the lake to BTTF. Working, but made us feel a little queesy. (Though BTTF was 10x better than the current Simpsons simulator ). So then finally it was to Jaws. Guess what? Broken! :mad: It was, without a doubt, one of, if not THE worst park experiences in my lifetime. So to the OP...do not feel bad. The Uni bug has not bitten you alone. :(

Of course, back then, the heartbreak was not as expensive as today's follies. (I think tickets were around $60 at the time).

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I know this is an older thread, but it deserves a bump of recognition. This story reminds me so much of a time back in the early 90's, when it was just USF, of course. First attraction we headed to was Kongfrontation. Broken. So we decided to wander over to the (now closed) Earthquake attraction. Broken. Then it was around the lake to BTTF. Working, but made us feel a little queesy. (Though BTTF was 10x better than the current Simpsons simulator ). So then finally it was to Jaws. Guess what? Broken! :mad: It was, without a doubt, one of, if not THE worst park experiences in my lifetime. So to the OP...do not feel bad. The Uni bug has not bitten you alone. :(

Of course, back then, the heartbreak was not as expensive as today's follies. (I think tickets were around $60 at the time).

So, just to get this straight, you bumped a year-old thread to discuss issues with Universal you had 20 years ago?

Crockett

Banned
So, just to get this straight, you bumped a year-old thread to discuss issues with Universal you had 20 years ago?
When I read the OP, it seemed close to deja-vu of what our family went through at USF. Just telling the OP that he/she is not alone.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
When I read the OP, it seemed close to deja-vu of what our family went through at USF. Just telling the OP that he/she is not alone.

Of course. By relating a story from 20 years ago in a long-dormant thread. Keeping up the solidarity as it were.....

Or, just seeking another outlet to rant against Universal/IOA.

But, whatever floats your boat and all that......

EvanAnderson

When Disneyland opened in 1955, it was reported to be the worst theme park opening day in history.

http://www.mouseclubhouse.com/interviews/jack-lindquist/jack-lindquist-dl-1st-day.htm

Anywho, sorry about you visit. I've been evacuated off Everest from the top lift hill and had to walk down stairs too, and one time I got off of Space Mountain, and just as I stepped off, the lights went on, and the trains behind me stopped coming in to unload. My friends were in the train behind mine, so we had to wait 30 minutes for them get off. With theme park rides built nowadays, they are almost TOO safe. So many computers monitor everything, where if a computer disagrees with another one, or anything is considered irregular, it stops the whole ride. That's actually what it's designed to do.

Did you say Dragons was closed the whole day? Usually if they know a ride will be down the entire day, they'll put a sign outside the park saying that the ride will be closed.

Soft Open= Everything may not be operational.

I mean, I expect downtime with Universal's rides. After all, they tend to push ride technology more than Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom