Must Re-Do Disney

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Week 3 Judging

Back for judging! Here we are, week 3, our first week with combined teams, Skyliner and Kingdom. This week, your prompt was Spaceship Earth, and by the looks of it, you have all done some excellent work. I'm judging using the same key points as the first two weeks, so let's get started!

Team Kingdom:
The way you put in WestCOT's original SpaceStation Earth was terrific. I like how you added good descriptions of each area, and some dialogue here and there. Even in the Renaissance scene, you added how it would smell. My favorite scene would probably have to be Scene 5: Mid-Century Atomic Paradise. If I were you, I might have done something else to the exterior, rather than reusing an old idea. Overall Team Kingdom, I think you did an awesome job!

• Creativity: 4/5
  • Timing: 5/5
  • Immersion: 4/5
  • Art: 5/5
  • Total: 18/20
Team Skyliner:
I... am... speechless. Earth Beyond gives me a signal that this team worked really well together! Thank you for the music, as well. There were so many details in this project. The stats, the synopsis, the vehicles, all of it was amazing. All I could say to improve on is adding some narration, similar to Team Kingdom. The music does make up for that, though. Otherwise, I think your project was a great entry in our competition. I cannot wait to see what this team comes up with next.

• Creativity: 5/5
  • Timing: 5/5
  • Immersion: 4/5
  • Art: 3/5
  • Total: 17/20
Now, our scoreboard is as followed:
  • Team Kingdom: 72.5
  • Team Skyliner: 69.5
I can't wait to see what else both teams come up with!

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Week 4 Prompt
Test Track

This week, you’ll be redoing Test Track. You can do anything with this project, so go all out with this. The latest I’ll accept late projects is Saturday at 5 pm EST, or 2 pm PST.

Sorry I was so late, I had a lot of things to do. Luckily I got to do the judging. I would have posted the prompt then, but I had a few minutes. See you next week, and have fun!

spacemt354

Chili's
Team Skyliner Presents…

aSwxYhaD7T9BFw0Ppq7UsUSLl-_2TOx2xS95bpXqNXMIXINKoCke_yDWmN5xmWGBFTX-a5_WWzBnn8TmWx1Au5ePILUNa8eXL_Iyi-tpxS4xlpt3nHcKzo1IG_XbG3mABYerfdc0

Cars: The Test Track

Due to the Test Track ride system being similar to Radiator Springs Racers, and Disney seemingly trying to put as much IP into Future World East as they can, it made logical sense to update it to include this popular IP, Cars. Having similar ideas to Test Track 2.0, each guest will design a Cars-themed car that will be tested in some of the latest and greatest technology that can be seen throughout Lightning McQueen’s training in Cars 3. The pavilion will still be sponsored by GM.

Load/ Unload

mFtj6UXjk3vI2jZq4k7ldzpGqvW4km857XzVJkFM_o7YE6vt8oTBqvZwsmSLfLdtrHJd2EUkKVCyNsQTeNlx9_ZyKmssXnCUj19_RDkye2jqJ57ANeqSiPLeP0MdIlqIcCcxn-n4

Staying true to the current Test Track, the loading area will stay fairly similar to how it is now. It will still feature a more technological aspect. The backstory essentially being that you are designing a new performance mechanism for a big race coming up, and using this Dinoco Proving ground to Test it out among your peers, competing against them to see who has the best design.

Hill Test

The Hill Test will stay as is with the main difference being the screens around it being updated. Now, these screens will show Lightning McQueen and Jackson Storm going up the hill with us so they can test their cars out against ours.

Brake Test

1gR90Q_kjzPy3tZqR0Nckzz9IweFJ9-cHFTaL7HYmI7qeBHHR7Ma2snNUsrsaC6-ao1UcccW5P4bthOVjlFdhFHpx-uWQUvc-KtHanicgd9mrhkMr2GKWbMZznE_ZN66Euk7kTPI

The Brake Test sets us all the way back in the first film. Like in the picture above, the car gets its brakes tested to make sure it can stop in time before falling down the hill into the set of cactus below. After skidding a bit before stopping, our car turns around to do it again.

Environmental Chambers

RnAMjK5dgd63ZaVX_r1li5GTFj4WEshetCtodabO0Um3rtTEUrrYuSbdORl4Jtnu4JUwKxAaBvKg8PNmzRuccMgewcTDqTQyDybltbrmcMe7xcJWdZF3SJ4Otbozu9wxf-XwjVpd

The Environmental Chambers are replaced with Aerodynamic Chambers. Here the cars get tested to see how aerodynamic they are in comparison to Lightning McQueen and Jackson Storm.

Ride and Handling Test

The last test before the big race! Lots of sharp turns and small bunny hops to make sure everything with the cars is ready. Along the final turn, we even almost accidentally run into Mac.

xF9uDzexNC61LhT3L20JW8lilT8QstFEIeRG_3lCHAzbQINREoC0vDpM0mwt3SGHa46glgGSu-A7HnAIJwn_LPY4xpkAlPCpaCKlLHC6NWjoJR_ADZfJe466eiy871gNrc35QBnO

Barrier Test

The Barrier test is no longer a barrier test but instead the starting marker for the time trial race. More about that next!

High-Speed Test

The High-Speed test is replaced with a time trial test matchup with the bests of the best in the racing world. Upon completing the lap, we hit the former thermal scan area. Here we see how our cars matched up with Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez and Jackson Storm (all 3 finish in the bottom 3 places).

Post-show

Like you can do currently, guests can pull their cars up the screen to see how theirs stack up to other cars designed throughout the day.​

D Hulk

Team Kingdom presents…
38204162524_cc8b0b8926_o_d.jpg

BIG HERO 6
SAN FRANSOKYO DRIFT

Help child genius Hiro Hamada design a prototype car and join all the Big Hero 6 on a high-speed test drive through the streets of San Fransokyo!
“Big Hero 6: San Fransokyo Drift” (presented by Toyota) reimagines Test Track for the hero inside all of us. There is constant push for more IPs and more superheroes in Epcot. San Fransokyo Drift satisfies that need, while retaining the automotive design theme which made the original Test Track a perfect fit in Epcot’s Future World.

38923763601_c46f8944b6_o_d.jpg

EXTERIOR
The exterior uses the same circular building as Test Track. The awning over the entrance to the attraction has been removed and replaced by a replica of the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, Ito Ishioka Robotics Lab. A dome is built on the roof of the attraction, and a San Fransokyo Institute of Technology sign has been placed outside of the building.

524a5c7484f5f38b6824a4ea777c342f.jpg

QUEUE

The queue takes place inside the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology. Right when you enter, you are shown the ride vehicle for the ride on a platform. On a screen behind the ride vehicle, you see videos of the prototype car in action.

Once you past the ride vehicle, you enter the Design Studio, where they are building and designing prototype cars in front of you. (This area is currently the design studio in Test Track). There are various interactive elements in the design studio, similar to "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh," where guests can try out some of the Big Hero 6's tech. Play with Hiro's microbots, Go Go's mag-lev bicycle, or Wasabi's plasma fields.

27161982299_006d532897_z_d.jpg

After going through the Design Studio, you enter Hiro's workshop, where an Animatronic Baymax is standing greeting guests, saying famous lines from the movie. He is responsive like the animatronic Mr. Potato Head, able to interact with guests.

After greeting Baymax, you line up for your entrance into the pre-show, where you get to design your own prototype car, similar to what's currently in Test Track right now. After designing your car, you exit the room and walk through the halls of the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology until you reach the basement of the Institute, where you load in Hiro's workshop.

Guests board within Hiro’s workshop in the Institute’s basement. It is a near replica of Hiro’s former workspace, complete with Mt. Fuji mural on the far wall. This is a very industrial space, full of pipes and conduits.

38204164624_19d095cdea_o_d.jpg

RIDE VEHICLES
The Test Track slot cars are redesigned. Now they are Hiro’s latest upgrade to Baymax, transforming him and his armor into a self-driving vehicle…an experimental prototype car of tomorrow. This is a new adventure in sustainable driving, complete with built-in huggable airbag. We will be passengers on the Baymobile’s first street test.

ATTRACTION STATISTICS
Speed: 65 mph
Riders per vehicle: 6
Height restriction: 40”
Duration: 5:20
Hourly capacity: 1,200

RIDETHROUGH
Baymobiles first proceed through the Institute’s garage. Random college posters line the bare concrete walls, notably a “Wanted” poster for the supervillain Crimson Cloak, leader of the Masters of Evil. Just a little foreshadowing for later…

Here, cast members check our seatbelts. Baymax calmly chimes in on the car’s radio: “Please exercise caution. Fasten your seatbelt to prevent injury.

latest

With all systems go, the Baymobile proceeds up a vertical ramp to the bustling nighttime streets of San Fransokyo. The city is beautiful at night, an overwhelming series buzzing neon storefronts. It’s like the best of Tokyo, like her vibrant Shibuya district, mixed with the best of San Francisco!

Hiro pilots remotely from the Institute. Talking over the radio, he leads us through suspension tests over different road surfaces. Baymax adds his assessment: “Driving makes me a better healthcare companion.”

Brightlights.jpg

Turning right past a San Fransokyo trolley car, we pause before the seedy Good Luck Alley – the Robot Fighting district. Red lanterns line the space overhead. Hiro comes in: “Okay Baymax, let’s try out your acceleration.”

The Baymobile zooms forward! It slows and performs a U-turn around an animated statue of a sushi chef cat. We pause before another straightaway along the city’s docks, with a panoramic (screen) view of the San Fransokyo Bridge and distant Akuma Island. Hiro: “Now let’s try that without your anti-lock brakes.

zuhdkeq.jpg

The Baymobile again accelerates, zooming past cargo crates. It skids out of control and crashes through a chain link fence and into an abandoned warehouse.

Turning past a parked big rig (with a distinctive “silent sparrow” logo), the warehouse isn’t so deserted. Oh no, this is the hideout for the Masters of Evil criminal gang. Here they are – animatronic yakuza gangsters – busily fighting their robots. They pause and notice our Baymobile.

2448444-the_crimson_cowl.jpg

Their leader, Crimson Cloak, steps through a doorway and blasts us with a tractor ray, overriding Hiro’s control. (Crimson Cloak is a true Marvel supervillain and a known foe of the Big Hero 6. She makes a very striking animatronic presence, with her face hidden behind a red hood and with her prehensile cape.)

Under Crimson Cloak’s control, the Baymobile slowly passes through a villainous hallway. Scanners examine the car, pelting riders with heat. Crimson Cloak monologues over the room’s speakers: “What an amazing car! I must mass produce it for evil. Ha HA!

We enter a test chamber where (as before) a mirror depicts air passing over the car. Crimson Cloak continues: “Perfect aerodynamics! Mwah hah HAH! Excellent! Now to scan its computer systems…

We enter another scanner hallway. The scanner begins…and goes on the fritz, turning blue and pelting us with cold. Crimson Cloak’s devices are being hacked remotely! “My machines! NOOOO!” Hiro returns to the radio to explain: “I’ve overridden Crimson Cloak’s systems. The team is on their way. Now get outa there, Baymax!

The Baymobile proceeds outside, where Crimson Cloak awaits in person with her tractor ray. “You can’t escape that easily.” Suddenly superhero Fred arrives in his dragon outfit and breathes real flame at Crimson Cloak, distracting her. Fred: “Go, escape easily!

Hiro: “This is it, Baymax, time to show ‘em what you got.

How about a little rousing on-ride music?

The Baymobile speeds up, faster and faster, racing down San Fransokyo’s winding coastal roadways. We hear vehicles pursuing from behind. “They’re right behind you, Baymax! Step on it!

We zoom alongside a lengthy screen. It depicts Go Go riding alongside us in her electro-bike suit. She drops back to attack the unseen pursuing Masters of Evil.

San-Fransokyo-1200x501.png

Still speeding, we race through tunnels and across the San Fransokyo Bridge. Headlights ahead – the “silent sparrow” big rig in pursuit! We swerve to dodge!

Now upon Akuma Island, the Baymobile slows down within the abandoned Krei Labs. Around a corner, Crimson Cloak lunges one final time – only to be captured within a huge pink bubble thrown by Honey Lemon on an upper catwalk.

maxresdefault.jpg

Around another corner…a dead end. Before us is a solid wall, just a hibernating teleportation portal. The sound of chase vehicles closing in behind.

Wasabi stands beside a control panel, which he slices with his plasma blades. “I’ve set the portal for the Institute. Now punch it!” The portal comes to life, spinning with a kaleidoscope of colors. The Baymobile accelerates towards the portal wall – which slides open at the very last second!

25054972068_7e9a381e33_z_d.jpg

We speed outdoors, reaching 65 mph! We race under a series of red Japanese torii gates. Rushing through a banked turn, then slowing down along the Institute’s exterior. Hiro on the radio: “Now THAT’S what I call a successful test drive!

big-hero-6.jpg

Lastly the Baymobile descends a garage ramp into the Institute. Overhead is a window where our companions – Hiro, Fred, Go Go, Honey Lemon and Wasabi – all wave farewell.

Just prior to unload, Baymax on the radio delivers a final message: “Are you satisfied with your ride?

POST-RIDE
After exiting, you enter the Tadashi Hamada Memorial Hall, a robotics lab where a bunch of prototype cars and other inventions at the Institute are for show. There are even prototypes of Baymax and early sketches of him.

The Baymax meet and greet also moves here from Communicore. There are a lot of interactive elements in this room, and their is a miniature futuristic playground for kids to play on. A version of "Light Lab" is in this main room, redesigned to fit the Big Hero 6 theme, and many more experiences.

latest

RETAIL & DINING
The Test Track SIMporium shop now becomes Hiro’s Garage. Here in Hiro’s harebrained workshop, guests may find all manner of Big Hero 6 merchandise, particularly the ever-popular Baymax balloons.

Through a side door we find the attached Lucky Cat Café, a quick service restaurant operated by Hiro’s aunt Cass. This is a humble corner diner which serves simple Japanese foods like bento boxes and ramen bowls. The perfect place for a little stress eating!

CONCLUSION
If Epcot is to add more IPs, best to choose properties which are appropriate and respectful of Epcot’s original mission statement. Big Hero 6, with its wide-eyed embrace of technology, certainly fits. Test Track reimagined retains all its thrills and edutainment, now embellished with loveable characters and an amazing setting!

Last edited:

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Week 5 Prompt

This week is something different. This week, you will be re-doing Disney's California Adventure in Disneyland. You may go wild with this project, as you'll have 2 weeks to complete it.

The only requirement is that you keep one existing ride of your choice in the re-done park. An example would be keeping Soarin' in your new park.

I do hope you enjoy re-doing a theme park, and you may do some research on the park if needed. Really try to be immersful and just remember to have fun.

spacemt354

Chili's
Week 5 Prompt

This week is something different. This week, you will be re-doing Disney's California Adventure in Disneyland. You may go wild with this project, as you'll have 2 weeks to complete it.

The only requirement is that you keep one existing ride of your choice in the re-done park. An example would be keeping Soarin' in your new park.

I do hope you enjoy re-doing a theme park, and you may do some research on the park if needed. Really try to be immersful and just remember to have fun.
Could I suggest something?

I have not really been giving much effort into this game for a variety of reasons but I don't like coasting along.

It's clear you don't have the time to host the competition as effectively as possible (which is completely understandable) but rather than continue on a broken track why don't we pull the train over and just have this be the final project, maybe in one big group?

A DCA redo was actually a topic of discussion not too long ago between several of us on another thread, and could be fun to finally see it realized.

P.S. Team Kingdom put a ton of work into their project - it would be nice for them at least to get some feedback, or both teams if you have the time.

Disneylover152

Can we keep ride systems? For example, let's say the ride we choose to keep is Radiator Springs Racers. Can we keep the GotG:MB building and ride system but change the story and exterior to something different than what's currently there today? Or would that not be allowed? I'm sorry but the prompt confuses me. Also, wouldn't we have to keep Grizzly Peak because of the Grand Californian? Does the project include re-doing the Grand Californian, since it's kind of a part of the park? Can we keep lands but just redo the rides in the land? The prompt leaves a lot of unanswered questions that we kind of need to continue.

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Yes, I wasn’t very clear on the prompt. To revise it, you can keep at least one original ride, or more.

It's clear you don't have the time to host the competition as effectively as possible (which is completely understandable) but rather than continue on a broken track why don't we pull the train over and just have this be the final project, maybe in one big group?
You are right. This should be the last week. At first I didn’t think that these many things would pop up in my personal life.

We should merge the two teams together and try to re-do the park together.

Lastly, judging will be today. Sometime in the afternoon it will be posted. I am sorry that I haven’t been really clear on prompts nor have I been on schedule, so this is possibly the last project.

Thank you to all of you who decided to join, and I probably let some of you down, and left you in confusion.

:)

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Can we keep ride systems? For example, let's say the ride we choose to keep is Radiator Springs Racers. Can we keep the GotG:MB building and ride system but change the story and exterior to something different than what's currently there today? Or would that not be allowed? I'm sorry but the prompt confuses me. Also, wouldn't we have to keep Grizzly Peak because of the Grand Californian? Does the project include re-doing the Grand Californian, since it's kind of a part of the park? Can we keep lands but just redo the rides in the land? The prompt leaves a lot of unanswered questions that we kind of need to continue.
DCA is a general area. If you would like, you may change Grand Californian. I’m going to merge the teams to one big team and make it an all-in group project, just so you have more people.

This question is for all of you, would you like more time to work on this?

spacemt354

Chili's
Yes, I wasn’t very clear on the prompt. To revise it, you can keep at least one original ride, or more.

You are right. This should be the last week. At first I didn’t think that these many things would pop up in my personal life.

We should merge the two teams together and try to re-do the park together.

Lastly, judging will be today. Sometime in the afternoon it will be posted. I am sorry that I haven’t been really clear on prompts nor have I been on schedule, so this is possibly the last project.

Thank you to all of you who decided to join, and I probably let some of you down, and left you in confusion.

:)
Everything in life is a learning experience - and now you can learn from this and understand how much time/effort it takes away from your personal schedule to host.

That way, next time you can better judge personal life time (which always comes first) and time hosting your comp.

Maybe hosting an episode of the One Sentence Comp sometime next year might be worth a shot. Give you a second chance on something less involved, because back in August or so you seemed really into hosting a comp, and One Sentence has been proven to help facilitate new hosts a lot over the last few years.

D Hulk

Greetings Team Skyliner from Team Kingdom!

We've decided to continue our debate about the DCA redo over here (instead of in the private conversation) since apparently the two teams are now joining together.

We've discussed a number of different options so far, all with the premise that DCA is getting almost completely gutted and replaced (but with maybe one ride staying). Some of the new theme ideas have been:

Marvel
Star Wars
Fox (assumng Disney buys them)
S.E.A.
Volcano Bat!!!!!!!

Or some sort of combination of the above ideas, maybe as a catch-all studios idea.

kmbmw777

This question is for all of you, would you like more time to work on this?
Okay, so this isn't really related to the discussion as to how we should improve the park, but more about how we should approach it.

Every year, the forum seems to have some big-year end event. Previously, the ICS has hosted tournaments which were really cool. Last year, we had Eisner's Game where we designed a Theme Park Spaceship. I think that this year - given the track of EPIC group brainstorming, we could make this into the forum's 2017 Grand Finale. Obviously, we would want more time (til the end of the month maybe even Janurary) to make the idea the very best, but I think that this could be really could be made into a really cool redo.

Thoughts?

DisneyFan18

Greetings Team Skyliner from Team Kingdom!

We've decided to continue our debate about the DCA redo over here (instead of in the private conversation) since apparently the two teams are now joining together.

We've discussed a number of different options so far, all with the premise that DCA is getting almost completely gutted and replaced (but with maybe one ride staying). Some of the new theme ideas have been:

Marvel
Star Wars
Fox (assumng Disney buys them)
S.E.A.
Volcano Bat!!!!!!!

Or some sort of combination of the above ideas, maybe as a catch-all studios idea.
Maybe we can throw some Pixar and Muppets in here as well? Also maybe there can be some sort of Ports ala DisneySEA but each one based on a property so it feels cohesive in a way? And I would like keeping the 1930's Hollywood Lamd with a Roger Rabbit attraction that was previously proposed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom