Must Re-Do Disney

Magic Feather

Currently working on a conceot sktch, but my cliff notes version is
Hollywood Studio -> Hollywood Hills ft. Mystic Manor Esque Mansion Tour and a Runaway Railway with a new lobby for the hyperion on the other side.
New street jutting off Hollywood BLVD dead ending at Tower, along with Flik's Fun Fair becomes marvel. Breakout becomes Avengers Tower, or something that fits with a "modern day LA/ big city" vibe

ITTBaB and its surrounding areas become Mesa Grande, a small spanish village with a Coco ride and a coaster through a mountain backdrop, which is a non-car themed extension of the cadillac range, and looks like skyscrapers from the marvel side. Pacific Wharf stretches to mermaid now with a new boat ride. Soarin becomes Soarin' over Americas Parks.

DisneyFan18

1321.jpg

So...the DCA areas we're totally happy with at present are Buena Vista Street, Cars Land and Grizzly Peak. Right?

For everything else, we're talking about reworking all or some of it for themes like:
A) Romanticized 1930s Hollywood
B) Old colonial Spanish/Mexican California
C) San Francisco
a) Old 1900 SF, like my Pacific Wharf land for Club 32
b) Modern SF or San Fransokyo, able to do BH6, Inside Out, and more
D) A Marvel area (mostly Iron Man and Ant Man)
E) Silicon Valley (Tron, BH6)

I'm all for 1 becoming the revamped Hollywood, with as @DisneyFan18 says stuff for Muppets, Roger Rabbit, keeping the old TOT, and maybe something like Great Movie Ride. I might propose a movie-themed version of Mystic Manor in an aging starlet's mansion, with an enchanted projector bringing old films to life.

I think 2 and 3 ought to be the same land, with A Bugs Land axed. For here, I like the colonial land with the proposed Conquistador/historical boat dark ride, and also a Coco dark ride. (Alternately, Grizzly Peak could host such a retheme, as I'd proposed in One Sentence.)

DCA has an existing "Pacific Wharf" mini-land, a glorified food court themed to Monterrey Bay southeast of 4. It can retheme if needed, but there's no room here for new attractions sadly. To avoid confusion, let's use "Old SF" for now to refer to the Club 32 SF area. That idea, incidentally, could fit 4 and 5, with Sky School changing to the Lombard Street wild mouse coaster.

Pacific Pier can stay as is, retaining Midway Mania. If it becomes a SF boardwalk (right now it's a Santa Monica / Santa Cruz boardwalk), then 7 could have maybe an Inside Out ride. Maybe it can anyway.

6 across the street can fit both Marvel and Silicon Valley (and maybe San Fransokyo), which all have a sci-fi feel. That is, if we want to expand out there.

Disney was also eyeballing the land north of 1 for expansion too when the Eastern Gateway Project was still live. There are bus drop-off circles up there which would've moved to a new parking structure that's presently dead. Might've been the Marvel area according to rumor.
I like the idea of Paradise Pier being a SF boardwalk so 7 can house Inside Out. And Maybe Silicon Valley can host “Stark Expo” and a Tron Ride, and let San Fransokyo be a mini Land with the B-Ticket attraction coming to TDL and an E-Ticket, and let the rest become Pacific Wharf + if there’s space left it can be used for The Marine Life Institute

Disneylover152

So are we going with the California Theme?

If we are, I think Bugs Land should be replaced with "Mystic Manor".

Also, I think the expansion pad behind Tot should represent California's snowfilled mountains, with a Roller Coaster like Grizzly Gulch in HKDL. The land could have a mountain village. I think it'll be pretty cool and add a family friendly ride to this park (which in my opinion, this park needs).

AceAstro

Also, I think the expansion pad behind Tot should represent California's snowfilled mountains, with a Roller Coaster like Grizzly Gulch in HKDL. The land could have a mountain village. I think it'll be pretty cool and add a family friendly ride to this park (which in my opinion, this park needs).

You did something similar to this for your California Adventure park, correct? It is quite an interesting idea to me and I feel like if there’s the space, it could really work!!

spacemt354

Chili's
I remember us discussing the idea of having DCA be a timepiece theme park.

Disney is at its best when it places you in a time period you can't visit yourself in present day - 22nd century of Pandora, turn of the century Main Street, and also transporting you into worlds like Cars or Star Wars, etc.

Sticking with timepieces and world building I think could benefit the park immensely...maybe instead of focusing on individual rides...we try to first decide the layout and the lands we want...then from there we can narrow down the specifics.

I'm only saying that because we could go on forever with individual attractions to be added to DCA, but in order to redo the entire park we should probably think big picture first!

D Hulk

So are we going with the California Theme?

If we are, I think Bugs Land should be replaced with "Mystic Manor".

Snow-filled mountains would work well as an addition to the Grizzly Peak area. The Wilderness Challenge Trail (DCA’s Tom Sawyer Island) could relocated to the little-used walkway past Grizzly River Run, opening up a decent sized area there for a coaster or a dark ride and maybe a little else.

TwilightZone

had no clue we merged earlier oops. anyways posting this again from the inbox:
--------------------------------
idea for next prompt: better pixar pier with dark rides!
also a more fitting marvel area with a figment ride (bc you know, marvel made that figment comic..)

DisneyFan18

yes please! I'm so lost
I'm not sure myself either, but as far as I understand:
- HollywoodLand is becoming 1930's Hollywood with some original attractions as well as one for Roger Rabbit and another for The Muppets.
- Redwood Creek Trail becoming a Snowy Mountain Coaster as an expansion for Grizzly Peak, based on your proposal.
- @Magic Feather proposed that the Marvel area is located in the backlot, part of A Bug's Land and giving ToT an Avengers theme, therefore making that area big city like, maybe it could become Silicon Valley, and besides Marvel incorporate the Tron ride (?).
- The Mexican Inspired Land would feature a Coco ride and another one (maybe the Conquistador ride?), the backlot was being eyed for this but maybe it could take ITTBaB and surroundings as Feather proposed. If the area is required for Sillicon Valley, it maybe could be moved to the Little Mermaid area(#4)?
- Cars Land would remain the same, I guess.
- Paradise Pier would become a SF Pier so in the expansion pad number 7 an Inside Out ride would be built, as proposed by @D Hindley . On the other side @TwilightZone proposed it becoming Pixar Pier but with more dark rides and better executed.
- Expansion Pad #6, #5, and maybe #4(not sure) would become San Fransokyo with two BH6 rides (B & E Ticket), and @D Hindley 's Pacific Wharf proposal.
- If the Little Mermaid area isn't used for another land it could be rethemed to the Marine Life Institute?

Did I miss anything?

kmbmw777

I'm not sure myself either, but as far as I understand:
- HollywoodLand is becoming 1930's Hollywood with some original attractions as well as one for Roger Rabbit and another for The Muppets.
- Redwood Creek Trail becoming a Snowy Mountain Coaster as an expansion for Grizzly Peak, based on your proposal.
- @Magic Feather proposed that the Marvel area is located in the backlot, part of A Bug's Land and giving ToT an Avengers theme, therefore making that area big city like, maybe it could become Silicon Valley, and besides Marvel incorporate the Tron ride (?).
- The Mexican Inspired Land would feature a Coco ride and another one (maybe the Conquistador ride?), the backlot was being eyed for this but maybe it could take ITTBaB and surroundings as Feather proposed. If the area is required for Sillicon Valley, it maybe could be moved to the Little Mermaid area(#4)?
- Cars Land would remain the same, I guess.
- Paradise Pier would become a SF Pier so in the expansion pad number 7 an Inside Out ride would be built, as proposed by @D Hindley . On the other side @TwilightZone proposed it becoming Pixar Pier but with more dark rides and better executed.
- Expansion Pad #6, #5, and maybe #4(not sure) would become San Fransokyo with two BH6 rides (B & E Ticket), and @D Hindley 's Pacific Wharf proposal.
- If the Little Mermaid area isn't used for another land it could be rethemed to the Marine Life Institute?

Did I miss anything?
This looks like a great plan. Also, I think the Marine Life Institute is perfect! We can move Turtle Talk with Crush there.
We talked about having the Mexican themed land behind the Tower, but I think that we could move is across it inter pass and use the land behind the tower for Tron and Silicon Valley

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom