Must Dont's While You' re at Disney

FettFan

THINGS NOT TO DO AT MAGIC KINGDOM
- Lunch between 12:30-2:30 pm at Pecos Bill's. The seating is HORRIBLE (too many tables, and not enough walking space especially if you have a stroller or a wheelchair), and it fills up FAST because its part of the Disney Dining Plan. By 3:00 the lunchtime and parade crowd rush has died down enough that you can enjoy your meal a bit better.

- The Golden Carousel. Unless you have small children, its not worth it.

- The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I rode it once back when it first opened (for the sake of "family togetherness", and my sister was a major Pooh nut), and shook my fist the entire time. Still bitter over losing Mr. Toad.
Look I can take Small World just fine. Peter Pan? No problem. But when you put me on an inferior ride that used to be a GREAT attraction like Mr. Toad, I'm going to get angry.
And...my sister hated it too.

- Stitch's Great Escape. It wouldnt have been so bad had they not scrapped the XS-Tech storyline altogether. I could have handled just Stitch popping up in the room instead of the giant dragon alien, to make things more kid friendly. The main show itself doesn't bother me that much. What I hate is that they evicted Chairman Clench and his crew, then they totally mishandled the pre-show, which was always my favorite part. They turned Tim Curry's snarky salesman SIR into an inept, overweight security guard voiced by Richard Kind, and reduced Skippy (Frank Welker) to a meaningless cameo. (hell, even Captain Rex oer at SW:TAC has a bigger pre-show role than Skippy, and he's in a junk heap)

- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Not that the show itself is low quality....its just way too kiddie-fied. Plus, Monsters Inc. doesn't exactly belong in Tomorrowland. Would have been better at the Pixar Place area of the Studios.
I still miss the Timekeeper too.

- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. Last time I rode this one I was 16 and waiting for my learner's permit. Skipped it ever since.

-

The Empress Lilly

Awesome thread! Thanks for all contributions! Me:

- Petty Driving Experience. Smelly and loud.

- Lame, Motors, Avoid.

- American Idol. Boy, DHS seems to have its fair share of rubbish shows.

- Toddler Kingdom: Buzz. Pooh. Aladdin's Crapfest. Splash 'n Pee Play Area.

- Dinoland. I'm not that hot about Kali either.

- Eat another meatball sub in EPCOT's Electric Umbrella. Seriously, ?

Powerline

*DONT HATE ME* I hate HATE the Carousel of Progress! It's soooooooo boring and cheesy. Im willing to do it to get out of the heat o_O

Also, Soarin - I don't understand the hype

I don't hate you.

Your opinions on the other hand.

Personally I wouldn't make It's A Small World a habit, it's pretty poor in this day and age and it can gather a pretty ridiculous line. Not worth it imo

ZaneB

Awesome thread! Thanks for all contributions! Me:

- Petty Driving Experience. Smelly and loud.

- Lame, Motors, Avoid.

- American Idol. Boy, DHS seems to have its fair share of rubbish shows.

- Toddler Kingdom: Buzz. Pooh. Aladdin's Crapfest. Splash 'n Pee Play Area.

- Dinoland. I'm not that hot about Kali either.

- Eat another meatball sub in EPCOT's Electric Umbrella. Seriously, ?

Is there anything at WDW you do like? :D

Raychul

Just gotta agree with some things already said.

My Top Must Don'ts:

American Idol Experience
Norway movie
Stitch's Great Escape
Tom Sawyer Island
Hall of Presidents - unless I need nap time. ;)

Foolish Mortal

A.I. Never been NEVER will be. Not into talent contests/shows.

Plaza Restaurant in MK. Way way way overpriced for what they serve, even by theme park pricing standards.

jlevis

What I must NOT do? Try not to let other people's attitudes, actions, or general thoughtlessness dictate to me the time I want to have. There are attractions I avoid, sure, but making sure I have a great time and trying to spread that around (holding a door, saying thank you to cast members, smiling at folks) and not letting one or two self absorbed people ruin that. That's what I must NOT do!

This!!

mickeysbrother

But in all honesty a must don't would have to be the tea cups. OMG PUKE... I can do absolutely everything except the freaking tea cups. How do kids do it??? Or even adults..

Jeff456

Captain EO, Journey into imagination both blight Epcot... So much hate for Stich (as expected) I don't think its too bad but my youngest sister told me it was her favourite ride the other night... may have to have words!

tare

Must don't illuminations unless it's the Christmas one and giving my last penny to all the souvineer shops--haha. :)

draybook

I must not sleep!!

I seriously get less sleep on vacation than when I'm home, which is already a low amount. But it's worth every single minute lost!

MansionGoer13z

Never trust the Bus Drivers whatever they say about the Parks future is just a non fact based theory.

Other No-No's include:

1) SGE- Just read the other comments it echos my feelings towards it.
2) JII- Face it Figment as he once was is no longer in existence after Disney killed off Dream Finder it's just not what it used to be.
3.) Dino-Land USA- In the words of the Miz, "REALLY?!
4.) A repeat visit to LMA
5.)Soarin': Over Rated!

There are others I can't think of right now. I'm sure I'll chime in again later.

Susan Savia

Must don'ts: Dole Whips (Yuck), Mission Space, Soarin, any coaster, annoying ride in Mexico pavillion and turkey legs (just looking at them turns my stomach).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom