Must Dont's While You' re at Disney

LivFreeorDisney

Original Poster
I was reading ImagineerDude's post about the Must Do's and thought, I wonder what people avoid or hate doing while in Disney world. I'm not trying to be negative but even the happiest place on earth as some bad things about it. Please don't post how you hate to leave or how you hate the Brazilians (also see my other post if you want to Complain about walking) Let's keep the topic on....

Parks
Hotels
Rides
Restaurants and stuff like that.

I really don't like the dinosaur area of AK, it's just seems cheesy to me.
I also don't like The Contemporary hotel.
It's a small world is way up there as a least favorite ride.

Now don't get all mad at me and tell me my choices are stupid and I shouldn't go to Disney if I dont like these things. That's just three things out of a bazillion good things I like about Disney.

Well, the most obvious choice for me is Stitch's Great Escape, but I'm trying to rack my brain for something a little better. There are quite a few rides that I won't do, but that isn't because I hate them, it's more because of priorities.

I guess one must don't for me is getting in a line that is longer than 30 minutes. I would say 40 minutes, but that still seems too long. I think I only did it once last time I was there and that was for Toy Story Midway Mania - it was a first time on it and it wasn't really a priority so we dilly-dallied and didn't get a fastpass when we should have. There were still fastpasses left mind you, but we were leaving right after the ride so it was better for us to wait in line than grab a fastpass and waste some time in DHS.

71dsp

I have absolutely no interest in american idol. I dislike the show and can care less about a singing contest among park goers. Thats a must dont for me.

Have never been to this attraction and never will.

Cosmic Ray's is also a must don't for us. Tried it a number of times and didn't like it. Not just me, but my wife and son too. Same for Crystal Palace.

Well, the most obvious choice for me is Stitch's Great Escape...

Totally forgot about that one...+1 to Stitch's Great Escape!

LizC

Hmm... This is a good thread. Usually I'm so busy thinking about what I want to do it never occurs to me to think what I don't want to do. So here goes..

American idol
Parades
Most shows
Taking pictures with characters
Movie in Canada
Character meals
Stitch great escape
Disney quest
Water parks

With that said that's all going to change now that I have babies. I'm sure parades, character meals and shows will surely be part of my next trip.

Cybercat

Banned
Journey into Imagination is a must do I think. I mean why would you deprive kids of one of the few kid centric dark rides in Epcot because of a bizarre grudge based on a version of the ride that existed 20 years ago? Doesn't make much sense to me. Sure it could be better, but telling new comers to avoid it is a bit over the top into fat smelly obssessive nerd land I think. It's like telling people not to ride Winnie the Pooh, because you're mad about Mr. Toad.

LivFreeorDisney

Original Poster
Journey into Imagination is a must do I think. I mean why would you deprive kids of one of the few kid centric dark rides in Epcot because of a bizarre grudge against a version of the ride that existed 20 years ago? Doesn't make much sense to me. Sure it could be better, but telling new comers to avoid it is a bit over the top into fat smelly obssessive nerd land I think. It's like telling people not to ride Winnie the Pooh, because you're mad about Mr. Toad.

Did you just have an argument with yourself?

LivFreeorDisney

Original Poster
Don't hate me but: Tom Sawyer Island and Swiss Family Tree House. Other than those I'm ok with anything. Well except stitch but I personally don't believe that exists. That's just empty space that was formerly my favorite ride ExraTerrrorestrial Encounter. <rip>

No hating here, I was gonna add those but thought I shoud stop after taking a wizz on two icons already.

CinderMama

Totally agree with SGE! Awful, just awful. I do have to go with the tea cups though. I know its iconic and all, but I get sick just WATCHING my kids ride!

Beholder

What I must NOT do? Try not to let other people's attitudes, actions, or general thoughtlessness dictate to me the time I want to have. There are attractions I avoid, sure, but making sure I have a great time and trying to spread that around (holding a door, saying thank you to cast members, smiling at folks) and not letting one or two self absorbed people ruin that. That's what I must NOT do!

steviej

stitch, tom sawyer's island (don't hate that, i just don't go), I haven't done mission space in a couple trips, as far as restaurants, cape may cafe, I've always felt like California Grill isn't worth the money, that's about it, i'll get back to you if there's more lol

MKCP 1985

Don't prejudge whether you will like something based on its name. Disney World has a way of making things pop that you wouldn't give a second thought at home.

Don't stand in line 90 minutes or longer outside in the heat for a ride. It just takes too much away from your day.

Don't burn your morning getting around so that you arrive at the park just in time to go to lunch when you are planning a full day. I have done that too many times in the past but no more!

Britt

*DONT HATE ME* I hate HATE the Carousel of Progress! It's soooooooo boring and cheesy. Im willing to do it to get out of the heat o_O

Also, Soarin - I don't understand the hype
American Idol - I dont like the show past the auditions and don't understand how it became a ride at Disney! lol

And people who bump into my stroller! I do my BEST to watch out, to watch ankles and I never EVER use it to "make my way" through things, so it really drives me nuts how many people do that (I know, I know....but thats just something that really irked me last time...LOL)

ellie-badge

The American Idol Experience.

Eating hot dogs, chili dogs, or corn dogs.

Mission: Space.

Kali River Rapids.

Coronado Springs Resort.

Imagination.

Dino-Rama (with the exception of Primeval Whirl).

experiment624

Country Bear's Jamboree! Has anyone ever listened to the words they're saying/singing? It's terrible. Not to mention the aged animatronics, the matted looking fur makes me worry about fleas in the theatre.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom