Must Dont's While You' re at Disney

Britt

Must don'ts: Dole Whips (Yuck), Mission Space, Soarin, any coaster, annoying ride in Mexico pavillion and turkey legs (just looking at them turns my stomach).

Ok, I can't trust your judgment TOO much since you said you dont like Mission Space, or the ride in the Mexican Pavilion, BUUUUUT, are Dole Whips really gross? EVERYONE talks about how good they are and I just wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't like Pineapple ALL that much, so I haven't tried them. LOL
People make me WANT to try them with as much as they talk about them, but you're the first person to ever say they're gross...lol

mickey2008.1

I have to agree with American Idol, as the show stinks on tv, I can't see it being anything I would waste my time on. As for everything else, I always say I won't do this or that, but always do. There is only one resort I will not stay at, CBR, and that's only because of one very bad experience with bugs. There is also one restaurant I won't do, Hollywood and Vine at DHS. Just seemed dirty, and the food was blah.

alissafalco

I have to agree with American Idol, as the show stinks on tv, I can't see it being anything I would waste my time on. As for everything else, I always say I won't do this or that, but always do. There is only one resort I will not stay at, CBR, and that's only because of one very bad experience with bugs. There is also one restaurant I won't do, Hollywood and Vine at DHS. Just seemed dirty, and the food was blah.

What happened with bugs at CBR?

mickey2008.1

Had two rooms there in September, and lovebugs were in our rooms, not just outside which I am fine with, but they were in our bathroom, in the beds, curtains, towels, they were everywhere! Not sure about you, but I'm not staying in a room like that, my kids were freaked out, not to mention the wife.

ellie-badge

I'm sorry, I don't mean to ruin it, I just have a hard time with some of the things they sing/say being geared towards children/families. I hope you find even more pleasure in the show once they refurb it.

Haha no problem, and you didn't ruin anything by any means! I was actually talking to my Dad about that just last night, and we were laughing at ourselves for not having realized some of the show's content before. I guess it's kinda part of the charm of the show for us, but like I mentioned in my previous post, to each their own. :) Thanks!

experiment624

Had two rooms there in September, and lovebugs were in our rooms, not just outside which I am fine with, but they were in our bathroom, in the beds, curtains, towels, they were everywhere! Not sure about you, but I'm not staying in a room like that, my kids were freaked out, not to mention the wife.

I'm sorry to hear that, being a central floridian, i can definitely sympathise with you.

They invade twice a year (May and September) and stay for about a month and are attracted to white/light colors. If you don't wash them off your car quickly, they will destroy your paint. They are harmless but annoying as all get out. You have to keep doors closed or they will invade your living area. I don't blame the hotel where you stayed, the bugs have a short life span, so I'm sure they're gone now. Haven't quite figured out where they go and how they come back each season.

Britt

I think I'm funny that way, I can never find anything to complain about while at Disney. It's in between visits that I can think of stuff to pick on, hee hee.
Oh man, I'm the WORST about complaining about crowds at Disney!! No issues with the food, resorts, rides, shops or anything! JUST the other people at the park who all want to do what *I* want to do at the same time *I* want to do it....HAHA

lebeau

Cosmic Ray's is also a must don't for us. Tried it a number of times and didn't like it. Not just me, but my wife and son too. Same for Crystal Palace.

There are things we don't do. But a "must-don't" to me is something that you actively avoid. To me, no attraction can fit into this category because they are easily skipped. It takes no effort to "don't" a ride or a show. At first, I thought, there is nothing in WDW I actively avoid.

But then you brought up Cosmic Rays. It is frequently the most convenient place for lunch. But every time we have ever eaten there, it has been a madhouse (because it's convenient for everyone else too). From now on, we'll walk to another land rather than eat at Cosmic Rays again.

rct247

MAGIC KINGDOM
-Stitch's Great Escape (reason: awful attraction)
-Tomorrowland Speedway (reason: long line, smells, short ride, plus I can actually drive)
-it's a small world (reason: Disneyland's is better)
-Prince Charming's Regal Carousel (reason: long line for a ride that doesn't provide much enjoyment)
-Country Bear Jamboree (reason: It's old, It's boring, It reminds me of a Chuck E. Cheese animatronic show...do they still have those?)
-Aladdin's Magic Carpets (reason: I'd rather ride Astro Orbiter or Dumbo)
-Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (reason: snooze fest)
-Casey's Corner (reason: there are better food choices at MK)
-Watching the first showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade (reason: too many rude people)

EPCOT
-Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (reason: old and boring)
-Norway film (reason: incredibly outdated)
-Moroccan Restaurant (reason: indoor environment and food was pretty bland, missed the belly dancer)
-African Outpost (reason: you have an international food court and you want a hot dog?!)
-Electric Umbrella (reason: again, you have an international food court or even Sunshine Seasons and you want basic American fast food)

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
-Studio Backlot Tour (reason: what is there really left to tour?)
-American Idol Experience (reason: once was enough)
-Hollywood & Vine (reason: there are better buffets on property)
-Countdown to Fun Parade (reason: it's probably the worst Disney parade I've ever seen)
-first showing of Fantasmic (reason: you have to arrive over an hour early to get seats)

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
-Dinorama (reason: it's an ugly carnival)
-Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade (reason: not worth sticking around for)

DOWNTOWN DISNEY
-Disney Quest (reason: too expensive for an arcade)
-Rainforest Cafe (reason: expensive for mediocre food)
-T-Rex (reason: expensive for mediocre food)
-some seats in various theaters at AMC Downtown Disney (reason: some seats have blocked views of the screen...yes some block up to 25% of the movie screen....poor planning)

WALT DISNEY WORLD IN GENERAL
-Turkey Legs (reason: too much bone to pick through and looks nasty)
-Balloons (reason: very expensive for something you can't take on most rides, in some buildings, to Animal Kingdom, or to the airport)
-Disney's All-Star Resorts (reason: long lines for transportation, small beds, tour groups/school groups/cheer groups, mediocre theme, better options off property)
-taking the Express Monorail right after fireworks (reason: long lines and rude people)
-Chef Mickey's (reason: very overrated)

Vader2112

Tony's and the Plaza...Just don't do anything for me.
Being Originally from NY Tony's is really horrible Italian Food.
The Plaza also... sandwhiches made of su par cold cuts. The ice Cream is fine.

Tomi-Rocket

I usually try to stay positive but there are some things I don't enjoy at WDW. Here's my list:

I'm now over Lights, Motor, Action and Indiana Jones shows until they are updated and/or changed.

Pizza Planet
Astro Orbiter
Winnie the Pooh ride
Tomorrowland Speedway

Britt

MAGIC KINGDOM
-Stitch's Great Escape (reason: awful attraction)
-Tomorrowland Speedway (reason: long line, smells, short ride, plus I can actually drive)
-it's a small world (reason: Disneyland's is better)
-Prince Charming's Regal Carousel (reason: long line for a ride that doesn't provide much enjoyment)
-Country Bear Jamboree (reason: It's old, It's boring, It reminds me of a Chuck E. Cheese animatronic show...do they still have those?)
-Aladdin's Magic Carpets (reason: I'd rather ride Astro Orbiter or Dumbo)
-Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (reason: snooze fest)
-Casey's Corner (reason: there are better food choices at MK)
-Watching the first showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade (reason: too many rude people)

EPCOT
-Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (reason: old and boring)
-Norway film (reason: incredibly outdated)
-Moroccan Restaurant (reason: indoor environment and food was pretty bland, missed the belly dancer)
-African Outpost (reason: you have an international food court and you want a hot dog?!)
-Electric Umbrella (reason: again, you have an international food court or even Sunshine Seasons and you want basic American fast food)

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
-Studio Backlot Tour (reason: what is there really left to tour?)
-American Idol Experience (reason: once was enough)
-Hollywood & Vine (reason: there are better buffets on property)
-Countdown to Fun Parade (reason: it's probably the worst Disney parade I've ever seen)
-first showing of Fantasmic (reason: you have to arrive over an hour early to get seats)

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
-Dinorama (reason: it's an ugly carnival)
-Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade (reason: not worth sticking around for)

DOWNTOWN DISNEY
-Disney Quest (reason: too expensive for an arcade)
-Rainforest Cafe (reason: expensive for mediocre food)
-T-Rex (reason: expensive for mediocre food)
-some seats in various theaters at AMC Downtown Disney (reason: some seats have blocked views of the screen...yes some block up to 25% of the movie screen....poor planning)

WALT DISNEY WORLD IN GENERAL
-Turkey Legs (reason: too much bone to pick through and looks nasty)
-Balloons (reason: very expensive for something you can't take on most rides, in some buildings, to Animal Kingdom, or to the airport)
-Disney's All-Star Resorts (reason: long lines for transportation, small beds, tour groups/school groups/cheer groups, mediocre theme, better options off property)
-taking the Express Monorail right after fireworks (reason: long lines and rude people)
-Chef Mickey's (reason: very overrated)

Did you reply to the MUST DO's? I'd be interested to see what you do enjoy! : ) LOL

lebeau

I am not happy about this, but you guys have pushed me into the position of having to defend the American Idol Experience. It's not a bad show. It's not my cup of tea. It's glorified karoke. The finale (the only show I have ever watched) runs on too long. But if someone forced you to sit through the darn thing, it's entertaining enough.

I think AIE gets a bad rap because it's not what we fans would have wanted. Any one of us probably could have come up with 5 better uses for the building/resources that went into it. But it's here (for who knows how much longer) and it's not bad. It's certainly not something to be avoided.

Once was enough for me and I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see it. But if fate conspires to put you in the audience someday, there are far worse things.

mickey2008.1

I'm sorry to hear that, being a central floridian, i can definitely sympathise with you.

They invade twice a year (May and September) and stay for about a month and are attracted to white/light colors. If you don't wash them off your car quickly, they will destroy your paint. They are harmless but annoying as all get out. You have to keep doors closed or they will invade your living area. I don't blame the hotel where you stayed, the bugs have a short life span, so I'm sure they're gone now. Haven't quite figured out where they go and how they come back each season.
They were not annoying outside. And our doors were closed. The problem was the weather stripping under the doors was missing, so it was a poor maintenance problem. We don't complain, but had to on this one. We have midges here in cleveland, large flying annoying bugs that love the light at night. keep doors closed and lights off, no problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom