Must Dont's While You' re at Disney

Beholder

Don't underestimate a CM's willingness to help. We arrived at Port Orleans Riverside last evening (9:30 or so) and realized I had forgotten my daughters team (soccer) waivers. Big fail. Went the front desk this morning, explained my problem, and it became NO problem! Multiple copies later printed from the soccer web site, done! A big thank you to Rich at the Riverside!

DisneyJunkie

I avoid any and all meet-n-greets, parades, street shows, etc....they're a waste of my time. I avoid the larger flume rides (Kali River Rapids) where you tend to get drenched as opposed to lightly sprinkled (Splash Mountain) because I hate walking around soaked. I dislike most of Dinoland USA except for Dinosaur (which is one of my favorite rides). The visit to Conservation Station in Animal Kingdom I tend to avoid for the most part because it's rather boring after the first or second time. The most fun part of that is just the train ride there and back. It's a Small World is a ride I don't feel any need to go on (same for Tomorrowland Speedway or the TeaCups) and I never go into Country Bear Jamboree, either. In Epcot, I tend to not go into World Showcase unless I have a meal reservation or to go to Maelstrom. I also don't do much in either side of Innoventions.I don't usually do the Astro Orbiter, but generally only because it's such a long line. I don't do Dumbo or the Flying Carpets of Agrabah unless a small child is with me. I've done the Indiana Jones show a few times and feel no more need to go there again until/unless they include some things from the other films in it. I've never done the American Idol Experience and don't see that changing anytime soon. I've done Stitch's Escape twice and hated it after the first time.

Hotel-wise, I don't usually go hotel visiting, I tend to stick with my own (and don't do the value resorts, and won't stay at the moderates again either).

twinnstar

Must Dont's....

1) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - after crazier rollercoasters, ive become immune to this one, its invisible to me!
2) The Magic Carpets of Aladdin - boring.
3) Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - cute the 1st time...
4) Ellen's Energy Adventure - unless i need a nap.
5) Innoventions - I'll walk through it once, but I'm holding back tears the whole time.
6) Toy Story Mania - No, actually I WANT TO GO ON THIS. But its cursed - everytime I go to WDW/DL - EVEN IN TOKYO - it has been CLOSED! WHAT THE...

mamamouse

I might have missed it skimming through but I didn't see anyone mention it....It's Tough To Be A bug UGH!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! and Stitch ofcourse (eventhough I love the movie and character the attraction sucks)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I thought this was things you must not do at DISNEY. Haha

WHOOSH2-1.gif
;)

steamboat wil

At wdw now and a must don't would have to be mickeys backyard BBQ. It is a free for all when it comes to everything. Food was good, beer supplied, but just a lousy experience.

woody98

I don't really have any must donts. I've been to disney enough times that it's now about my kids. I do what they want and when u have kids that range in age from 12 to 3 u do alot. If they want to do something i do it. It's worth every smile from them.

ImagineerDude

Dude....WHAT!? :eek:

I know I can get cranky and dislike popular offerings. (TT stunk. Buzz is garbage) But...must don't Mansion? Don't EPCOT?
We overdid HM in previous trips like we are currently doing with small world because of the AC...we usually wind up doing it...
Somehow, EPCOT always gets skipped with us on our trips. If I would just go by myself I would probably have a good time! We've just NEVER had any luck at EPCOT without tiring heat, whiny children, or drunk annoying people in the world showcase.....

Beholder

@ Pumbas Nakasak

I got what you said. Just thinking Disney wasn't the only place you must not drink in moderation.

Cheers!

wdwmomof3

Don't try to ride Splash or Big Thunder just before the night time parade if you plan to be on the other side of the park during the parade. You have a good chance of getting stuck in that area, for a very long time. Dont try to rush out of the park at closing, it's not worth the fight. Instead chill out, people watch or shop on main street. If you are staying at the Poly, don't stand in a long line for a Dole Whip at MK because you can get one at your resort. When eating at counter service places, don't line up to order on the right side if there is a long line, they also order from the left side. She will take one side and the the other. :) Don't be afraid to drive to the parks. It actually saves a lot of time. Don't break in lines. Don't talk during rides or attractions either. Don't sit in the middle of a row of seats, keep moving to the end of the row. Don't run. Don't use the flash on your camera while on a dark ride. Don't ask what time the 3:00 parade starts. Don't be a grump! You are at the happiest place on earth and some people may never have a chance to experience Disney. Go with a positive attitude and if something upsets you get over it quick! I love to see happy people when I am there. Oh, and don't for get your wallet!!

Axle1986

MAGIC KINGDOM
-Stitch's Great Escape (reason: awful attraction)
-Tomorrowland Speedway (reason: long line, smells, short ride, plus I can actually drive)
-it's a small world (reason: Disneyland's is better)
-Prince Charming's Regal Carousel (reason: long line for a ride that doesn't provide much enjoyment)
-Country Bear Jamboree (reason: It's old, It's boring, It reminds me of a Chuck E. Cheese animatronic show...do they still have those?)
-Aladdin's Magic Carpets (reason: I'd rather ride Astro Orbiter or Dumbo)
-Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (reason: snooze fest)
-Casey's Corner (reason: there are better food choices at MK)
-Watching the first showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade (reason: too many rude people)

EPCOT
-Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (reason: old and boring)
-Norway film (reason: incredibly outdated)
-Moroccan Restaurant (reason: indoor environment and food was pretty bland, missed the belly dancer)
-African Outpost (reason: you have an international food court and you want a hot dog?!)
-Electric Umbrella (reason: again, you have an international food court or even Sunshine Seasons and you want basic American fast food)

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
-Studio Backlot Tour (reason: what is there really left to tour?)
-American Idol Experience (reason: once was enough)
-Hollywood & Vine (reason: there are better buffets on property)
-Countdown to Fun Parade (reason: it's probably the worst Disney parade I've ever seen)
-first showing of Fantasmic (reason: you have to arrive over an hour early to get seats)

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
-Dinorama (reason: it's an ugly carnival)
-Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade (reason: not worth sticking around for)

DOWNTOWN DISNEY
-Disney Quest (reason: too expensive for an arcade)
-Rainforest Cafe (reason: expensive for mediocre food)
-T-Rex (reason: expensive for mediocre food)
-some seats in various theaters at AMC Downtown Disney (reason: some seats have blocked views of the screen...yes some block up to 25% of the movie screen....poor planning)

WALT DISNEY WORLD IN GENERAL
-Turkey Legs (reason: too much bone to pick through and looks nasty)
-Balloons (reason: very expensive for something you can't take on most rides, in some buildings, to Animal Kingdom, or to the airport)
-Disney's All-Star Resorts (reason: long lines for transportation, small beds, tour groups/school groups/cheer groups, mediocre theme, better options off property)
-taking the Express Monorail right after fireworks (reason: long lines and rude people)
-Chef Mickey's (reason: very overrated)

Maybe you should stop going then? Seriously, what the hell man?!

alissafalco

Don't try to ride Splash or Big Thunder just before the night time parade if you plan to be on the other side of the park during the parade. You have a good chance of getting stuck in that area, for a very long time. Dont try to rush out of the park at closing, it's not worth the fight. Instead chill out, people watch or shop on main street. If you are staying at the Poly, don't stand in a long line for a Dole Whip at MK because you can get one at your resort. When eating at counter service places, don't line up to order on the right side if there is a long line, they also order from the left side. She will take one side and the the other. :) Don't be afraid to drive to the parks. It actually saves a lot of time. Don't break in lines. Don't talk during rides or attractions either. Don't sit in the middle of a row of seats, keep moving to the end of the row. Don't run. Don't use the flash on your camera while on a dark ride. Don't ask what time the 3:00 parade starts. Don't be a grump! You are at the happiest place on earth and some people may never have a chance to experience Disney. Go with a positive attitude and if something upsets you get over it quick! I love to see happy people when I am there. Oh, and don't for get your wallet!!

Hahha you should write a Disney rules handbook for guests!

DisneyJunkie

MAGIC KINGDOM
-Stitch's Great Escape (reason: awful attraction)
-Tomorrowland Speedway (reason: long line, smells, short ride, plus I can actually drive)
-it's a small world (reason: Disneyland's is better)
-Prince Charming's Regal Carousel (reason: long line for a ride that doesn't provide much enjoyment)
-Country Bear Jamboree (reason: It's old, It's boring, It reminds me of a Chuck E. Cheese animatronic show...do they still have those?)
-Aladdin's Magic Carpets (reason: I'd rather ride Astro Orbiter or Dumbo)
-Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (reason: snooze fest)
-Casey's Corner (reason: there are better food choices at MK)
-Watching the first showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade (reason: too many rude people)

EPCOT
-Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (reason: old and boring)
-Norway film (reason: incredibly outdated)
-Moroccan Restaurant (reason: indoor environment and food was pretty bland, missed the belly dancer)
-African Outpost (reason: you have an international food court and you want a hot dog?!)
-Electric Umbrella (reason: again, you have an international food court or even Sunshine Seasons and you want basic American fast food)

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
-Studio Backlot Tour (reason: what is there really left to tour?)
-American Idol Experience (reason: once was enough)
-Hollywood & Vine (reason: there are better buffets on property)
-Countdown to Fun Parade (reason: it's probably the worst Disney parade I've ever seen)
-first showing of Fantasmic (reason: you have to arrive over an hour early to get seats)

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
-Dinorama (reason: it's an ugly carnival)
-Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade (reason: not worth sticking around for)

DOWNTOWN DISNEY
-Disney Quest (reason: too expensive for an arcade)
-Rainforest Cafe (reason: expensive for mediocre food)
-T-Rex (reason: expensive for mediocre food)
-some seats in various theaters at AMC Downtown Disney (reason: some seats have blocked views of the screen...yes some block up to 25% of the movie screen....poor planning)

WALT DISNEY WORLD IN GENERAL
-Turkey Legs (reason: too much bone to pick through and looks nasty)
-Balloons (reason: very expensive for something you can't take on most rides, in some buildings, to Animal Kingdom, or to the airport)
-Disney's All-Star Resorts (reason: long lines for transportation, small beds, tour groups/school groups/cheer groups, mediocre theme, better options off property)
-taking the Express Monorail right after fireworks (reason: long lines and rude people)
-Chef Mickey's (reason: very overrated)

WOW....seriously? And I thought I posted a lot. But to be honest, there is quite a bit on there I agree with you with - everything you wrote about for Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom, for example. I do agree with skipping out on the Norway film, too....when Maelstrom is over I simply walk in and through the theater back outside again (like many others do too). I do, however, like a fast meal at the Electric Umbrella...but for just why you don't. I agree on the Backlot Studio Tour...but still like to do it anyway. I tried Fantasmic once after hearing so much about it, and I won't do it again. Highly unentertaining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom