MuppetVision closed until August 2nd for unexpected Maintenance

THE Monorail Lime

image.jpeg
There working together!!!!!

Disneyhead'71

Oh, and I was told that a projector bulb burned out.

The projector was slated to be replaced with a digital upgrade so they didn't have a spare bulb, but they do have the new projector. They hadn't slotted in a brief closure to replace the projector yet, and they decided that instead of getting a new bulb overnighted, they would just go ahead and install the new projector before the GMR goes down for the count.

The digital upgrade is preparing the theater as the "Feature Film Preview Theater". That is why the Muppet*Vision name can be removed from the new marquee.

MaxW

The projector was slated to be replaced with a digital upgrade so they didn't have a spare bulb, but they do have the new projector. They hadn't slotted in a brief closure to replace the projector yet, and they decided that instead of getting a new bulb overnighted, they would just go ahead and install the new projector before the GMR goes down for the count.

The digital upgrade is preparing the theater as the "Feature Film Preview Theater". That is why the Muppet*Vision name can be removed from the new marquee.

That's a damn shame. I was really seeing this event as a plus for the muppets theater and show, but if thats true i am worried for the future. IF the show gets replaced, i wonder what the chances are that it is updated with a new muppets show.

peter11435

The theater was already upgraded from film to digital a few years ago.

Disneyhead'71

The theater was already upgraded from film to digital a few years ago.
That is what I thought, but apparently there is a new projector and system upgrade for the Movie Preview thing.
That's a damn shame. I was really seeing this event as a plus for the muppets theater and show, but if thats true i am worried for the future. IF the show gets replaced, i wonder what the chances are that it is updated with a new muppets show.
I don't think Muppets is "leaving". But I do think the plan is limited time previews where Muppets won't be playing.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
My point though is that when talking actual park attendance, "First Click" is basically worthless.
I disagree.

Scenario 1: One guy goes to DHS then hops to Epcot.

Scenario 2: One guy goes to DHS all day. A second guy goes to Epcot all day.

Attendance is obviously higher in scenario 2, i.e. two guests instead of one. But without First Click, both scenarios would report attendance of 2.

jt04

That is what I thought, but apparently there is a new projector and system upgrade for the Movie Preview thing.

I don't think Muppets is "leaving". But I do think the plan is limited time previews where Muppets won't be playing.

Really love the concept emerging more and more of having venues like this be multi-functional.

Also, that they continue upgrading systems as tech advances. TDO for the win.

Riddick

Hmmm, not sure I like that sound of this. Given the way things have been going lately I wouldn't be surprised if one day it simply didn't reopen as Muppets...

Would be nice if they're going to do this they arranged it so every other show was Muppets or something?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

And eventually no Muppets at all while Iger's latest hot Movie IP plays in the theater

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom