MuppetVision closed until August 2nd for unexpected Maintenance

PizzaPlanet

Why would they? The TV show was a catastrophic failure. People don't care about the Muppets anymore.
Don't be ridiculous. The show's premier had insane ratings, proving that people care about the Muppets. The problem was that the show was not that great so they stopped watching. Oh, and the new Liberty Square show is one of the highest rated attractions in the MK according to @lentesta.

CaptainAmerica

Don't be ridiculous. The show's premier had insane ratings, proving that people care about the Muppets. The problem was that the show was not that great so they stopped watching. Oh, and the new Liberty Square show is one of the highest rated attractions in the MK according to @lentesta.
I like the Muppets. And the Liberty Square show is exactly the way they should be used. Small, on-brand, humorous. My response was geared towards a prior poster who seemed to be lamenting the lack of major Muppet capital investment. People ENJOY the Muppets, but they're not a draw. Not a reason for most people to go out of their way.

Cmdr_Crimson

Why would they? The TV show was a catastrophic failure. People don't care about the Muppets anymore.

They are trying to throw anything that sticks including this new CG Muppet Babies series for Disney Jr...
muppet-babies.jpg

Magenta Panther

First off, even I think that movie previews is a pretty dopey re-use of that theater. But then I think showing movie previews in the parks is a dopey idea period.

Also: Let's be frank here: what more can Disney do with those characters? Two movies. A TV show. An online presence. Live performances. Seems to me Disney has done the best it could. I doubt any other entertainment company could or would do more.

celluloid

The beauty of what Jim Jensen designed and perfected was the timelessness. Muppetvision still works when all the effects well...work.

If they would of just brought the variety show format back rather than trying to be mockumentary with it, than the connection would worm and provide even more synergy for the theater people are a part of Muppetvision.

Kman101

Wait did I miss something? Is that confirmed? Or even a credible rumor? I thought it was just @ford91exploder mouthing off.

It was a lot of us (myself included lol) initially doing the usual panic at seeing the "temporary" looking letters on the sign. We surmised it could be used for previews in the future. Nothing credible to suggest that though.

Magenta Panther

Wait did I miss something? Is that confirmed? Or even a credible rumor? I thought it was just @ford91exploder mouthing off.

Well, there's this:

That is what I thought, but apparently there is a new projector and system upgrade for the Movie Preview thing.

I don't think Muppets is "leaving". But I do think the plan is limited time previews where Muppets won't be playing.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Muppets are such great and comical characters. Wish the old style muppet show would come back. They could be more relevant but Disney has yet to really figure them out and how best to utilizing them completely it seems

This show needs to be redone as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom