MuppetVision closed until August 2nd for unexpected Maintenance

flyerjab

I can probably shed some light on this. I was there when the incident happened. Right at the end of the movie all hell broke loose and the fireworks were exploding and there were these penguins who shot a cannon and destroyed the whole theater!!! Good luck getting this reopened by August 2nd with the amount of destruction I saw in that theater!!

This has to be one of the most liked posts I have ever seen. Well done.

Disneyhead'71

That's incorrect. First click attendance is how Disney measures it internally, but TEA doesn't have access to that information.
In this day in age, "First Click" is as out of date as "Audio Animatronic". Ever since they networked the admission media (biometric scan), "First Click" went out the window. They know what park you entered and when. And now with Magic Bands, they know when you buy merch or food, ride a ride, and leave the park. The metrics they are looking at these days go WAY beyond "First Click".

And no one has built an "Audio Animatronic" since the early '80s. Modern animatronics are obviously computer controlled, not cued by blips on a magnetic tape.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
In this day in age, "first click" is as out of date as "Audio Animatronic". Ever since they networked the admission media (biometric scan), "First Click" went out the window. They know what exactly park you entered and when. And now with Magic Bands, they know when you buy merch or food, ride a ride, and leave the park. The metrics they are looking at these days goes WAY beyond "First Click".
Absolutely. But they still have to report total attendance (internally). First click is the only way to do it without double counting people.

And I'm not sure they DO know when you leave the park. The tech exists in the system but I'm not sure it's turned on.

Disneyhead'71

Absolutely. But they still have to report total attendance (internally). First click is the only way to do it without double counting people.

And I'm not sure they DO know when you leave the park. The tech exists in the system but I'm not sure it's turned on.
Internally, they do double count people. They want to know who enters each park and that person counts for each park they enter. "First Click", back in the day, was so that they had an approximate on the number of people at the resort as a whole. Not attendance for each park. Both numbers are important to know.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Internally, they do double count people. They want to know who enters each park and that person counts for each park they enter. "First Click", back in the day, was so that they had an approximate on the number of people at the resort as a whole. Not attendance for each park. Both numbers are important to know.
They still do it. Remember, Disney DOES report attendance information in their quarterly reports. They don't report actual attendance numbers but they say things like "attendance at our Domestic Parks was up 2% versus Q3 of the prior year." Those calculations are built on the "first click" data. It's how they measure total unique visitors or unique individual visitors or whatever term they're using these days.

Idoonu

I can probably shed some light on this. I was there when the incident happened. Right at the end of the movie all hell broke loose and the fireworks were exploding and there were these penguins who shot a cannon and destroyed the whole theater!!! Good luck getting this reopened by August 2nd with the amount of destruction I saw in that theater!!

top 10 posts of all time :hilarious:

tissandtully

Penguins shot first but the Swedish Chef finished the job.

Disneyhead'71

They still do it. Remember, Disney DOES report attendance information in their quarterly reports. They don't report actual attendance numbers but they say things like "attendance at our Domestic Parks was up 2% versus Q3 of the prior year." Those calculations are built on the "first click" data. It's how they measure total unique visitors or unique individual visitors or whatever term they're using these days.
If they only looked at "First Clicks" Epcot would be in the mid single digits of millions, like around 6 million since almost half of it's visitors show up later in the day for dinner and RoE after visiting one of the "half day" parks (DAK/DHS).

Jim Possible

The first and last time after Muppetvision 3D refurbishment...August 2nd 2017 - August 2nd 2017
DeadKermit.png

Perhaps it's been taken offline to be De-Whitmired. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom