MuppetVision 2???....

Jrn14

Ugh... i don't even like repeating this because it makes me sick to my stomach, but I wouldn't hold out on Disney not changing Muppet Vision because it is Jim Henson's final project (whether it should stay or go based on that reason is a discussion in it's self) due to the fact they pulled the hot air balloon off of the remove just to remove his name from it.

yoyoflamingo

Ugh... i don't even like repeating this because it makes me sick to my stomach, but I wouldn't hold out on Disney not changing Muppet Vision because it is Jim Henson's final project (whether it should stay or go based on that reason is a discussion in it's self) due to the fact they pulled the hot air balloon off of the remove just to remove his name from it.

I thought that was a Henson company request? That Disney bought the rights to the Muppets, but not the Jim Henson name? Or is that one of those Disney park urban legends?

minniemickeyfan

Flip83

Correction: It's not one of his final works. It is his final work. His swan song.

Correction: It is timeless. While maintenance is needed and possibly updates to the technology, the contents never need to be changed. Ever.

Agreed. Technological changes needed, fix the fireworks, bubbles and water, fix sound quality. But don't change the film. Waldo is AWFUL, I was annoyed by him as a kid. But the rest of the show is great.

T-1MILLION

Agreed. Technological changes needed, fix the fireworks, bubbles and water, fix sound quality. But don't change the film. Waldo is AWFUL, I was annoyed by him as a kid. But the rest of the show is great.

Haha. Well said. Waldo is supposed to be annoying.

Jim Henson was that much of a visonary really. He knew there was a potential of high tech animated characters of becoming annoying and getting in the way of practical effects and fun.

The film is timeless. That is the great thing about The Muppets. As long as there are people to do the voices and there are no humans as a focal starring point in the film..it is timeless.

twizzy17

I agree with someone earlier that stated Disney is a business and the younger generation, including myself, finds this show very boring. My 6 year old daughter looked at me after the show like, "was that it?" I like the muppets but it needs to be updated in a very bad way.

What's the difference between muppets and stitch? Well, its certainly not the wait times. Let the persecution begin

Jrn14

Ohhhhh I know the answer...

People actually like Muppet Vision ... and nobody likes Stitch.

That's the right answer right?

whylightbulb

I agree with someone earlier that stated Disney is a business and the younger generation, including myself, finds this show very boring. My 6 year old daughter looked at me after the show like, "was that it?" I like the muppets but it needs to be updated in a very bad way.
Wow, I don't think I have ever heard anyone knock MV like that before. It really doesn't make any sense to me but opinons are opinions and you certainly have a right to yours. I'm curious though, what do you and your daughter think of Tough to Be A Bug? That show has the same immersive show format that MV has. What I mean by that is there are numerous in-theater effects that make the film come alive and make it more than just another 3D movie.

Is it the show's content that is so objectionable or is it just something you can't put your finger on that makes it such a "boring" show?

Studios Fan

I would prefer that they keep the MuppetVision film that they have now. They could always plus the theater effects but leave the film alone.

Rich1

Well...i have to be honest. I wouldn't mind a new film with more update effects and less dated technology. While I absolutely enjoy the Muppets and I am probably as big a fan of this AWESOME franchise as anyone. I think that something new is needed b/c usually what I hear in this theatre as far as crowd reaction is pretty much nothing. I understand that this is one of Jim Henson's last projects and would be sad to see it go but there are many many exhibits around the world that feature older and historic things..these are called museums. Despite what most people want to think..Disney World is NOT a museum. It should never ever ever become one and if it ever became like one then attendance would drop like a rock. I love Jim Henson and I see him as a visionary much like Walt Disney, and both of these men would want their legacies MOVING FORWARD. By the logic I see on these boards at times, I think some of these people are still using the same light bulb that Edison invented and driving around an old Model T because they are "classics". There are places for classics...Disney World isnt it. WDW is a theme park and should constantly be evolving. However, EO should be the next 4d to go b/c its a joke.

whylightbulb

Well...i have to be honest. I wouldn't mind a new film with more update effects and less dated technology. While I absolutely enjoy the Muppets and I am probably as big a fan of this AWESOME franchise as anyone. I think that something new is needed b/c usually what I hear in this theatre as far as crowd reaction is pretty much nothing.
Again, this is somewhat shocking to me and makes absolutely no sense. Would you say that a bare bones show like Philarmagic, because it's newer, contains updated effects and less dated technology? MV technology still stands up to today's standards because the bar has been lowered ever since TOT opened. MV contains fantastic A100 figures, a "walking" animatronic, multiple show action equipment gags, a theater that blows up, advanced animation behind the audience, all the usual 4D effects and now digital projection. There are a number of clever details in this show, for example, the animated arrows that protrude out of the wall, that it is unlike any other automated show anywhere. Can someone please tell me how any 4D show in the world, with the exception of It's Tough to Be a Bug, can stand up to the innovation and technology in MV?

rock_doctor

It needs to be changed. It is a great movie and if they were smart they would drop a phase and put it up on Ytube for everybody to download but in reality the shop is doing amazing work. I was worried when disney took over but they seem to have been able to fight the good fight and stay true. You should take a walk though their ytube page. The stuff they are making now is amazing! http://www.youtube.com/user/MuppetsStudio

To keep people coming back they need to constantly rotate the shows.

whylightbulb

Here's a hint. PEOPLE HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN YOU.
LOL calm down. I realize people have different opinions than me. That's why I said the following in my first post regarding this enigma in response to twizzy17's post, "It really doesn't make any sense to me but opinons are opinions and you certainly have a right to yours."
You don't have to like their opinion but acting personally offended and demanding an explanation from them is a bit much.
I'm not "demanding" an explanation. I'm simply encouaraging a discussion because it's interesting to me. I worked on the design team for this show and so perhaps I would be a bit more interested in someone claiming that audiences are not reacting positively when that goes against all the information I receive and opposite from my personal experience.
All that being said there are two facts here which have nothing to do with opinion: one is that there are more show elements (scenic as well as mechanical and visual effects) in MV than any other 4D show other than Tough to be a Bug and the technology more than stands up to these other shows. In fact the technology is more advanced than the anemic Philarmagic (the anemic part is my opnion that I can back up with facts).
So in my request to discuss their opinions I'm simply trying to get a better grasp on their point of view considering the above facts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom