Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you ask me, the Muppets are the perfect foils for walking that fine line between reporting and celebrating the past without subjecting audiences to a 20-minute lecture on what was "wrong" with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Animaniac93-98

Since 2008 Disney has put an enormous amount of time an effort to not only upgrade the tech used in the show, but improve the presentation with the artifacts in the lobby, changing the focus of the show to be more about the Presidents and making it an explicit tribute to Walt Disney, who wanted this show to exist 15 years before it was first shown to the public.

To throw that all away for...the Muppets? I don't have words for my disappointment if this is true.

lazyboy97o

Since 2008 Disney has put an enormous amount of time an effort to not only upgrade the tech used in the show, but improve the presentation with the artifacts in the lobby, changing the focus of the show to be more about the Presidents and making it an explicit tribute to Walt Disney, who wanted this show to exist 15 years before it was first shown to the public.

To throw that all away for...the Muppets? I don't have words for my disappointment if this is true.
I'm sure somebody just happened to stumble upon a piece of concept art by Mary Blair showing Kermit with Rutherford B. Hayes, just like Walt always really wanted.

The latest episode of The Progress City Radio Hour is focused on Liberty Square. The episodes includes a lot about One Nation Under God and other stories of Disney and the Presidency.

LittleMerman

I've never enjoyed HOP. As an adult, I wouldn't mind giving it another chance bc the animatronics and history are interesting, but 1) I don't want to use my valuable MK time on it and 2) the latest addition is a turn off.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

I think a lot of what WDW Pro posts is wishful thinking. I do believe that there is a diversity and inclusion team that was formed, but the power that WDW Pro suggested they have.. that’s a bit far fetched for me.
Yeah, I remember his posts last summer being a tad bit dramatic, especially with the whole demoing CoP for nothing scenario he mentioned, which made no sense in terms of boosting inclusiveness within the parks. Some of what he mentioned made sense, and I can definitely see those minor adjustments being made to certain attractions he listed on that original thread. I feel that we are in a weird state of all talk no action atm, considering the fact that we're in a pandemic, and obviously I cannot blame Disney for no action. However, I do feel it's rather strange they're considering updating so many attractions as apart of the inclusive initiative, because one would think Bob Chapek wants to spend as little CapEx as possible in our current environment. I can't imagine too much financial return coming out of this, or any other change to a classic attraction, maybe besides SM (since it was hyped up so much). Nonetheless, I hope they are careful with their decisions, and how they are going to make those certain changes throughout the parks.

WEDfan9798

This makes about as much sense as a Mickey Mouse or Ducktales overlay. Which is why it’ll probably happen. The Muppets deserve more than this.

American Politics have become quite the circus (perhaps they always were), but I don’t know if this is the right direction. I think a show honouring a small amount of widely respected, deceased, presidents like Lincoln, Washington, and Theodore Roosevelt, would be a more tasteful and timeless solution. This feels like an “Under New Management” bandaid solution.
Agreed. I believe in using those widely-respected presidents. I hope WDI does THAT!!

FoozieBear

Well, it looks like the cat is about to be unleashed. The Muppets will be taking over The Hall of Presidents. From what I understand, the Muppets will have mostly a narrative role in the show, with the basic principle of the show remaining in tact. The Muppets just posted a cryptic message on Twitter, and I have a strong hunch that is what this is about. I’ve also been told by multiple sources that something is happening here, so I fully expect it. We should get an official announcement from the company in the next day or two.

Because of the nature of this news, I will ask that this thread remain in news and rumors at least for 24 hours. I will also ask that no one make this political. This is about the new show with The Muppets, nothing more.

If nothing comes of it in the next 2 days, please feel free to move it to the political section.

This is not the announcement that the Muppet Twitter feed is teasing.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster

This is not the announcement that the Muppet Twitter feed is teasing.
I guess we will find out soon enough. I’ll admit that the Twitter messages are a guess on my part. Just seemed logical with the timing of everything my minions are telling me. But then it could be something to do with Disney+... so who knows. Regardless, the HoP redo seems to be real. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom