Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

EricsBiscuit

What happens to the AAs? Will there be Muppets AAs? If we got a Mickey Mouse Review type show but with Muppets and history, I’m in!

Magenta Panther

Gawd, can't Chapek retire already?

Obviously this is a terrible idea that I hope is just a rumor. Are the two old guys going to heckle Lincoln during his iconic speech? Does everything in Disney have to be reduced to IP showcases and dumbed down to a 6-year-old's level? Barf.

It wouldn't surprise me if the impetus for this is that the AAs from that tired, dated puppet show could be ripped out and put in the HoP without having to build new ones. That'd be just too like ol' Cheap-ek.

The HoP is based on a Walt Disney original in Disneyland and it makes me sick to see it possibly degraded like this. As if the ending of the Magical Express wasn't enough of a turn-off. Why can't TDO just change the existing show so that only Lincoln speaks? Holy crap, I hope this rumor isn't true. Does anyone else here remember that when Eisner wanted to remove "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" in Disneyland and replace it with the muppets, the backlash was so ferocious he dropped the idea? Learn from the past, TDO. Try not to be stupid THIS time.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Disney has mismanaged the Muppets since purchasing them. We’re not taking the Jim Henson/Frank Oz Muppets; this’ll be the awful, more recent versions.

I keep seeing this comment from people and it beats me why they think it's true. IMO, the muppets mismanaged the muppets. The movie "Muppets In (from?) Space" was a huge box-office bomb, and that was BEFORE Disney bought them.

Disney ought to sell the things to someone else and let them have a go at them.

Brer Oswald

This makes about as much sense as a Mickey Mouse or Ducktales overlay. Which is why it’ll probably happen. The Muppets deserve more than this.

. I think a show honouring a small amount of widely respected, deceased, presidents like Lincoln, Washington, and Theodore Roosevelt, would be a more tasteful and timeless solution. This feels like an “Under New Management” bandaid solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainsOfDisney

All I can hope is that they have really good writers on board, and this won’t be another Under New Management.
Well Kevin Rafferty just retired so probably don’t need to worry about that.
Is it that much to ask for “The Muppet Show” on Disney+ these days?
Maybe that’s what the actual announcement is? Would make sense.

GimpYancIent

Remember when Disney’s America was cancelled due to concerns about the “Disney-fication” of US history?
Disney's America project was shelved due to hostile opposition by the community. There was a deep fear of urban sprawl due to development around the projected Disney venue that would adversely impact the area. Truth be known the community that was has been displaced by exactly what was feared.

the.dreamfinder

Disney's America project was shelved due to hostile opposition by the community. There was a deep fear of urban sprawl due to development around the projected Disney venue that would adversely impact the area. Truth be known the community that was has been displaced by exactly what was feared.
The property is now golf courses, a gated community and a strip mall with a supermarket.

So it’s Disney’s MERICA!

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I am enormously conflicted on this one.

I am a huge fan of HoP and will consider it a loss to have a serious attraction be lightened up. It's really a beautiful presentation in its current iteration and really wonderful.

That being said, I do understand the thought to inject it with some "energy". But I fear it will be a Tiki Room "Under New Management".

The only IP that could enter into this equation and maintain the original attraction's integrity (if executed well) IS The Muppets. Judging by their "Great Moments in History" show, I have some faith.

But I'm worried. I just am not crazy about the dilution of opening day attractions with CLASS and refinement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom