Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Marc Davis Fan

They're going for a more Hollywood vibe to match the front of the park, hence the change in color palette.

This then would explain the decision to build an art deco-era tunnel transition into Star Wars Land.

If this is true, it gives me hope for a greater thematic/aesthetic consistency in the park, and for the park's place-making in general.

I hope that additional Old Hollywood / Art Deco structures/design will be added to the Indy/Backlot Express/Star Tours region, Animation Courtyard, and (if it remains) Commissary Lane.

PizzaPlanet

I'm hoping Mama melrose's gets rethemed to fit the muppets mini land, however I could see them keeping it as is since its a pretty neutral theme right now and who knows how long this area will stick around due to Star wars expansion in the future.
Why would they be doing all of this work on a neutral transition to SWL if they planned on replacing it with more Star Wars?

rocketraccoon

Some closer-up shots of the paint:

zPSxGDN.jpg

LlJ9j1y.jpg

LB1x7eF.jpg

A small view of that transition tunnel:
YbJwaOd.jpg

The construction walls have moved in by about 2-3 feet:
ILQpaGy.jpg

And some tidbits that aren't worth uploading photos for:
- They're using the Chrysler building (apparently called the Buckley Building) to store construction materials and scaffolding.
- The Coca-Cola/Drug Store building still has window decorations on the windows. Preeety sure they took the stuff out of the displays, but I couldn't see.
- It looks like they're keeping the Coke sign as well since it was wrapped in plastic during painting.
- The electrical for the neon sign on the Coke building is still there.
- The Coke building opens to the backstage, while the Chrysler/Buckley building has a wall right behind the 'doors'.
- The brick wall on the Muppets side of things is still there, and still partly demolished. I guess it'll be used in the brick wall that @marni1971 is talking about?
- I got a glare from a worker in the Writer's Shop construction area when I took a photo of it

sedati

I'm wondering with the height and proximity to SWL that the backside of the Muppetvision building stands, would this actually need to be themed to Star Wars instead? It had some preliminary changes (removal of eyes) but it seems to have been left that way for a while.

Spencer_ralph46

This video made no sense I was all excited about some muppets news and it just had no substance. The only thing I could see coming to Mupets courtyard is a retheme of mama melrose but that probably won't happen at this point.

mvieguy

This video made no sense I was all excited about some muppets news and it just had no substance. The only thing I could see coming to Mupets courtyard is a retheme of mama melrose but that probably won't happen at this point.

only thing i can see is just building more street facades, putting in some themed bathrooms and charging stations (like tangled) and places to sit down. some misinformed person told me last fall that a merry go round type ride was coming to Muppet courtyard, but i think that is false. nothing i have heard or read suggests that. probably going to end up being a shop or two

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
only thing i can see is just building more street facades, putting in some themed bathrooms and charging stations (like tangled) and places to sit down. some misinformed person told me last fall that a merry go round type ride was coming to Muppet courtyard, but i think that is false. nothing i have heard or read suggests that. probably going to end up being a shop or two

There is quite literally no room for a MC expansion without a demo of an existing building or two and rebuilding for super-efficiency. Even if you take out the free-standing store, that open space would just barely fit the MK carousel ride. The meeting area is going to be SWL infrastructure. Mama Melrose can be converted, but you're not going to get a decent sized ride out of it. And the rest of the courtyard heading toward Pixar Lane is being divided by a wall to create a lane that will be the pathway to SWL. Until WDW is ready to convert or move Star Tours, Muppet Courtyard is frozen as it is.

FigmentJedi

There is quite literally no room for a MC expansion without a demo of an existing building or two and rebuilding for super-efficiency. Even if you take out the free-standing store, that open space would just barely fit the MK carousel ride. The meeting area is going to be SWL infrastructure. Mama Melrose can be converted, but you're not going to get a decent sized ride out of it. And the rest of the courtyard heading toward Pixar Lane is being divided by a wall to create a lane that will be the pathway to SWL. Until WDW is ready to convert or move Star Tours, Muppet Courtyard is frozen as it is.
What about Sci-Fi Dine In and the portion of the GMR building that Mickey ride apparently isn't going to use? You can relocate Sci-Fi Dine In over to Animal Kingdom as new Table Service for a reworked Dinoland USA with a "Fantastic Dinosaurs of the Movies" inspired playlist (Goes just fine with that land's sense of humor and the "Dinosaur Americana" theme) and in turn, free up space to put a Muppet dark ride across from the core courtyard.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What about Sci-Fi Dine In and the portion of the GMR building that Mickey ride apparently isn't going to use? You can relocate Sci-Fi Dine In over to Animal Kingdom as new Table Service for a reworked Dinoland USA with a "Fantastic Dinosaurs of the Movies" inspired playlist (Goes just fine with that land's sense of humor and the "Dinosaur Americana" theme) and in turn, free up space to put a Muppet dark ride across from the core courtyard.

Yeah, it could expand into Sci-Fi Drive In (and Writer's Stop) and even into ABC Commisary.

I didn't know there was going to be unused space in TGMR when converted into Mickey... first I've heard of that.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm surprised they don't move The Muppets. I guess we will have to see what happens after SWL opens and they announce an expansion.

NiarrNDisney

I'm surprised they don't move The Muppets. I guess we will have to see what happens after SWL opens and they announce an expansion.
I agree! carving around it just to keep the movie attraction seems silly when the land could have been used for SWL then they could have kept Star Tours. I'm sure there are other places the Muppets could have gone in DHS or even in Epcot or Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom