Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

mvieguy

Heard a Rumor from an Extremely Reliable source, Muppet Courtyard is getting some love. They may be adding an additional ride to the mini land, in the tradition of Luigi or Mater in Calfiornia, but with Gonzo and chickens. the idea is that ride would help block a sightline problem into star wars land. something should be announce coming up this spring.

hope this is true

Nickels5

Heard a Rumor from an Extremely Reliable source, Muppet Courtyard is getting some love. They may be adding an additional ride to the mini land, in the tradition of Luigi or Mater in Calfiornia, but with Gonzo and chickens. the idea is that ride would help block a sightline problem into star wars land. something should be announce coming up this spring.

hope this is true
I've been begging for muppets courtyard to get a ride, so I hope this is true, but alien spaceship spin would be the exact same as this.

WDWbuff2001

Original Poster
Heard a Rumor from an Extremely Reliable source, Muppet Courtyard is getting some love. They may be adding an additional ride to the mini land, in the tradition of Luigi or Mater in Calfiornia, but with Gonzo and chickens. the idea is that ride would help block a sightline problem into star wars land. something should be announce coming up this spring. hope this is true

@marni1971 is this true?

HauntedMansionFLA

hope this is true
@Magic Feather Any thought???

Magic Feather

hope this is true
It is very true that the Courtyard will get love. I was told of a proposal for a muppet flat, but last I heard it was rejected (but plans change), although it is something that could be effective. The sight line issue was never planned to be addressed through the proposed ride though. Expect a modest overhaul of the façade of MuppetVision, as has been stated before.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

hope this is true

First of all, Martin's sketch of the layout shows that with a zig-zaggy transition from Muppets to SWL that there is no sightline problem. And besides, how does a flat ride hide a sightline? If it's blocking my view of SWL from Muppet Square, that means it's plainly visible from SWL... and that's not blocked sightline then.

Secondly, Alien Spin in TSL is already a Mater-like spinner. Sure, MK has three spinners, but it seems unlikely that another park would put in copies of the same ride.

Third, we've known ever since the deconstruction site for SWL did not include MV3D that Muppets square was going to get some love. PizzeRizzo is now in place. There are permits for freshening up the exterior of MV3D. What is unknown is what will happen to Mamma Melrose and if they'll add a ride... AFAIK.

So, your ERS has some issues. And saying that they ""may"" put in a ride is kind of a non-rumor. They ""may"" do a lot of things. Sorry.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Thanks for the link. I find it interesting that they're actually keeping that last bit of the SoA. I would've thought they would've at least attempted to add some connective tissue between SWL and Star Tours, even if said tissue was something very subtle and minor.

You would think, but no.

Or, since they're moving the ticketing booth, connect Star Tours with SWL with some area behind Muppet Square, but no.

Insiders say Star Tours will be re-purposed once SWL is built... with all the speed they get to all such projects I say, which is, maybe a few month later, maybe a few years.

Muppet Square is being built up as its own mini-land incorporating the SoA facades undemolished into a 1930s-ish area, architecturally.

The path to Star Wars is past a soup kitchen line outside a pizzeria run by a rat.

200.gif

Goofyernmost

Thanks for the link. I find it interesting that they're actually keeping that last bit of the SoA. I would've thought they would've at least attempted to add some connective tissue between SWL and Star Tours, even if said tissue was something very subtle and minor.
All indications are that Star Tours will cease to exist shortly after SWL opens so a connective tissue is not required at all. It is indicated that it will re-theme to something more in line with what is in that area. There is no sense speculating. Marni's drawing is as comprehensive and easily understood as anything posted about it including the concept artwork. Haven't you heard that @marni1971 creates "tingly" artwork?;):D

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
First of all, Martin's sketch of the layout shows that with a zig-zaggy transition from Muppets to SWL that there is no sightline problem. And besides, how does a flat ride hide a sightline? If it's blocking my view of SWL from Muppet Square, that means it's plainly visible from SWL... and that's not blocked sightline then.

Secondly, Alien Spin in TSL is already a Mater-like spinner. Sure, MK has three spinners, but it seems unlikely that another park would put in copies of the same ride.

Third, we've known ever since the deconstruction site for SWL did not include MV3D that Muppets square was going to get some love. PizzeRizzo is now in place. There are permits for freshening up the exterior of MV3D. What is unknown is what will happen to Mamma Melrose and if they'll add a ride... AFAIK.

So, your ERS has some issues. And saying that they ""may"" put in a ride is kind of a non-rumor. They ""may"" do a lot of things. Sorry.

@MisterPenguin from the map you shared with the ride placement, which building was Mamma Melrose? I know it sits back in that courtyard, I just can't remember what those white buildings are... Reason I bring this up is that would open a lot of space for something or a connector (which won't happen) to star tours from the back and refigure the entrance to the back like they are doing withTSMM.

Here's hoping for an Indie Ride to replace Star Tours

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
@MisterPenguin from the map you shared with the ride placement, which building was Mamma Melrose? I know it sits back in that courtyard, I just can't remember what those white buildings are... Reason I bring this up is that would open a lot of space for something or a connector (which won't happen) to star tours from the back and refigure the entrance to the back like they are doing withTSMM.

Here's hoping for an Indie Ride to replace Star Tours

The don't have to go through Mama's for a connector. The road is going away and being replaced by parking lot. (A different road for the entrance is in the works.) They could take over some of the parking lot for a connector.

Given the dearth of sit-down eating spaces at DHS, I highly doubt they'd go through MM's. And the Escape Ride is already on top of MV3D, that even if they wanted a connector, there ain't much room for one now.

upload_2017-2-5_12-7-38.png

Donaldfan1934

You would think, but no.

Or, since they're moving the ticketing booth, connect Star Tours with SWL with some area behind Muppet Square, but no.

Insiders say Star Tours will be re-purposed once SWL is built... with all the speed they get to all such projects I say, which is, maybe a few month later, maybe a few years.

Muppet Square is being built up as its own mini-land incorporating the SoA facades undemolished into a 1930s-ish area, architecturally.

The path to Star Wars is past a soup kitchen line outside a pizzeria run by a rat.

200.gif
Wait, so Star Tours might be going away altogether?!?!? That's an unacceptably tragic position for such an iconic attraction to be in. Even with the two new attractions, Star Tours still does what they won't do by encapsulating most of the locales from Star Wars Universe in one attraction. Normally, I wouldn't believe that since that ride is one of the few saving graces currently in the park, but considering what's happening to ToT at DCA and possibly DHS as well, I would hold nothing against them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wait, so Star Tours might be going away altogether?!?!? That's a down right position tragic for such an iconic attraction to be in. Even with the two new attractions, Star Tours still does what they won't do by encapsulating most of the locales from Star Wars Universe in one attraction. Normally, I wouldn't believe that since that ride is one of the few saving graces currently in the park, but considering what's happening to ToT at DCA and possibly DHS as well, I would hold nothing against them.

The question is, will the Falcon ride make Star Tours superfluous?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The question is, will the Falcon ride make Star Tours superfluous?

And when the park has thousands of extra visitors each day precisely for SWL and the line for Star Tours is at an hour wait each day... would they really shut it down just to put in a different IP?

That other IP is going to have to be as big as SW for that to happen, or, they need to clear way for a new Land.

I know that Star Tours is supposed to be repurposed, but, I keep saying my money is on Disney inertia. There are plenty of attractions listed on a white board* somewhere slated* to go. And they've been there for years.

*Pardon the mixed metaphor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom