Muppet What-Not Workshop construction started

JimJam

This photo was taken 1/14/09

765323473_iraef-M.jpg

DO U Mean 1/14/10 ??????? :shrug:

kdavis

Yes, they definitely announced the Muppet Whatnot Workshops "coming to the parks" at the D23 Expo (I was at the presentation). My guess is that it'll be at Downtown Disney, rather than in the park, next to the attraction. It takes time - and it's expensive - to build and purchase a Whatnot, so I don't really see them selling all that well to people touring a park.

Ignohippo

Can we start a new thread (or can a mod change the title of this one)? The title had me excited something new was actually happening. It's quite misleading.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Can we start a new thread (or can a mod change the title of this one)? The title had me excited something new was actually happening. It's quite misleading.

What's wrong with the title as it is ? The trick is you must read the thread. That's the whole idea of a forum.

jt04

Yes, they definitely announced the Muppet Whatnot Workshops "coming to the parks" at the D23 Expo (I was at the presentation). My guess is that it'll be at Downtown Disney, rather than in the park, next to the attraction. It takes time - and it's expensive - to build and purchase a Whatnot, so I don't really see them selling all that well to people touring a park.

I agree. DTD would be a much better location.

"Location Location Location" still holds true.

FreedomWrangler

Any updates on this? I'll be vacationing in October and wanted to build a Muppet.

I searched the official Disney site but didn't see any mention of the store or ability to build one...:shrug:

I was at the Muppet workshop at FAO Schwarz in New York on Saturday. It was really cool. You can pick one of 3 bodies, and choose from a large assortment of hair, noses, eyes,and shirts. You didn't actually build the muppet. You design it on laminated pages, much like the colorforms we had as kids. They build it for you,and it takes 30 minutes for them to put it together. It was 129.00, and worth every penny. Very well made. They did say it was exclusive to FAO, and there is an FAO Schwarz tag sewn inside it. You can also design one online at FAO Schwarz.com and have it shipped to you.

Cmdr_Crimson

I was at that store (Stage 1) yesterday, and that wall is down, the full store is open, and no workshop...

Well, It looks like it's up to me...
worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

This whole thing about the workshop has been quiet for sometime you'd think there would be anyone out there taking a picture during the refurb.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, It looks like it's up to me...
worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

This whole thing about the workshop has been quiet for sometime you'd think there would be anyone out there taking a picture during the refurb.
The "refurb" has been completed for some time. All that was replaced was the flooring. There is currently no Muppet what not workshop under construction in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom