News Muppet Vision 3D operating under reduced hours

OSX

You can thank the second movie they released recently for destroying the Muppets brand as well as the TV show that came out. The only reason Disney is all-in on Star Wars is because how much they have invested in it. If it was one of their other franchises it would be dropped if one item from it failed.
They still are going all in for Pirates of the Caribbean, even though the last movie sunk (pun intended)

trainplane3

Well, call me a schmuck because the next time I go may very well be a one day trip to DHS. :facepalm:Worth it? Most likely not but if we do end up getting a timeline for Muppets, then I will trudge ever onward to say goodbye.:cry:
I spent about 3ish hours there taking my time and got ToT, ST, RnRc, MV3D, and Midway Mania. I wasn't going to wait an hour for Slinky or Swirling. The park is in a "calm before the storm mode" mode. You know what it'll be like when SWGE opens....

We walked to Epcot after and finished the day there.

KBLovedDisney

I spent about 3ish hours there taking my time and got ToT, ST, RnRc, MV3D, and Midway Mania. I wasn't going to wait an hour for Slinky or Swirling. The park is in a "calm before the storm mode" mode. You know what it'll be like when SWGE opens....

We walked to Epcot after and finished the day there.
Meh, I am more referring to the park in its current form. I honestly don't care for Toy Story Land as well as SWGE. I'll wait in Standby for RnR and Muppets, then add the shows on top of that plus walking around the gift shops and eating at a couple of Table service restaurants, not to mention stopping to take lots of pictures and some videos if it will truly be Muppets dying days, then yeah. I can easily make it a full day. :happy:

But that is just me.;) And that is ONLY if Muppets is going to go bye-bye.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
They still are going all in for Pirates of the Caribbean, even though the last movie sunk (pun intended)

I actually enjoyed the last movie a bit....better than the 4th one, but the suspension of disbelief was still stretching a bit far.

trainplane3

Meh, I am more referring to the park in its current form. I honestly don't care for Toy Story Land as well as SWGE. I'll wait in Standby for RnR and Muppets, then add the shows on top of that plus walking around the gift shops and eating at a couple of Table service restaurants, not to mention stopping to take lots of pictures and some videos if it will truly be Muppets dying days, then yeah. I can easily make it a full day. :happy:

But that is just me.;) And that is ONLY if Muppets is going to go bye-bye.
I would've done Indy but it was at capacity for the two showings we walked past. The Citizens were out though, they're a favorite of mine. The friend I was with wasn't super into the park but we did everything they wanted.

TOCPE82

Isn't there a new Muppets show slated for the coming Disney streaming service? And aren't the ratings great for the Muppet Babies relaunch?

Also, was it just the box office that caused Muppets Most Wanted to kill the franchise? Because I liked the story better in the sequel, but the songs were better in the first movie...

Kman101

Well, it’s a corporate defense. There isn’t technically an error. It’s just a carp move by TDO to do this. People are paying for full access to this park. The park is in shambles to begin with, and then they voluntarily take attractions offline to save a few bucks. It’s a trash move.

Why anyone would feel the need to rush to their defense is beyond me.

I agree with the core of this. But in terms of the decision making, I also "get it". It's weird. I don't like it but I also understand it. I think it's a knee jerk decision but to be fair, that area is pretty dead right now. They SHOULD NOT be cutting ANYTHING of course, but if it was mandated to cut something, shaving a few hours off of this isn't a bad call :/ but I do hate the, to me, unnecessary cutting.

Kman101

Poor Disney.. they must be broke. I'll remember to open up my wallet and spend more than what I have to on a daily ticket / parking / food / merchandise. It must be the reason why all of the newer stuff has a IP attached to it, right?

That's the real problem, they aren't and these budget cuts reek.

It probably sounded like I was defending the cut but I just think, if they are cutting, it actually makes sense, even if I don't like it. I'm always one of those who tries to see both sides but I absolutely hate the budget cutting. It's NOT NECESSARY :banghead: :joyfull:

Indy_UK

Eventually the Muppets will get pushed out. Maybe the MK show stays at best. They're about as important to Disney as the Winnie the Pooh franchise are to them aren't they?

phillip9698

Eventually the Muppets will get pushed out. Maybe the MK show stays at best. They're about as important to Disney as the Winnie the Pooh franchise are to them aren't they?

They just need to make a state of the art dark ride for them. With the amount of Muppets there are that makes for an awfully expensive AA budget but the ride would remain popular if the attraction is great. At this point people just don't think of theater movies as must do attractions, especially one that looks dated, it's a way to beat the heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom