News Muppet Vision 3D operating under reduced hours

mikejs78

Premium Member
Funny, but I actually watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture over the weekend. I had forgotten how much I really like that film.

It certainly does not get the universal praise that films like The Wrath of Khan get, and it definitely had its problems. But I actually like the slower pace of that film, emphasizing the mystery and bringing in more true science fiction elements. Star Trek as a television franchise has always been willing to go in a variety of different directions and tell all different kinds of stories. But as a film franchise, somewhere along the way they fell into the "every film has to be an action/adventure space opera" mold, and I think that's to its detriment.
Totally off topic now, but the biggest problem with TMP was that it was unfinished. Robert Wise's Directors Cut special edition DVD (sadly never released in HD) is a much tighter version of that film.

Tom P.

Totally off topic now, but the biggest problem with TMP was that it was unfinished. Robert Wise's Directors Cut special edition DVD (sadly never released in HD) is a much tighter version of that film.
Unfortunately, there will never be an HD release of the Director's Edition.

When they did that new edition in 2001, it was intended to be a DVD-only release without any theatrical release. And as Blu-ray wasn't a thing at the time, there was no anticipation of needing anything higher than DVD resolution. So when they did the new CGI effects shots, they were only rendered in standard definition. Now, 17 years later, it would be impossible to do an HD release without going back and re-doing all of those effects shots.

Personally, I think that was very short-sighted of them at the time to think that there would never be a need for anything other than SD shots. But it is what it is, and I don't see Paramount going back and spending the money to re-do it all again.

Missing20K

Do you feel the same way about World Showcase? The American Adventure? MILF in the MK? This isn't an unusual thing, nor is it particularly new....

I don't want to answer for seabase, but me personally? Yes, I do. FW/WS is slightly different in that they are two completely different parts of the park, but even regarding those areas, yes.

I pose a question. Why is the FW/WS staggered opening different than if they were to stagger the openings of Fantasyland, Adventureland, etc., in the MK? Or if they stagger Sunset Blvd area opening by a couple hours after SW:GE opens?

I am of the opinion, unpopular or not, that if the parks are open, all attractions that are of working order, should also be open.

Maybe I'm crazy for such thinking. :eek:

erasure fan1

Do you feel the same way about World Showcase? The American Adventure? MILF in the MK? This isn't an unusual thing, nor is it particularly new....
Actually I do. I can live with the magic kingdom because it at least has a enough things to do so I can semi ignore it. But it annoys me to no end that any Disney park does this. It might not be unusual or new but I still think its bad form when you're making poop tons of profit. As long as they give me less and charge me more, I won't be happy.

TimeDuck

There have been the bluest of blue sky proposals for Muppets into Imagination. I actually think a ride through Muppet Labs with Figment murking it up would be a blast!

This is a such a great idea that I'm really upset you'd mention it considering it's never going to happen.

I'll just hide this unpopular opinion in here for maximum dislikes: Figment sucks.

Cmdr_Crimson

That (thankfully) doesn’t wreak of chili dogs...
Because he emits his own gas...
s-l300.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Gone are the days where you'd ever see the extended queue ever fill up and it's one the few hiddens gem of DHS..I'm sure most of those guests are trying to figure out what is open besides Stage 1 and Mama Melroses..

I mean true. But you don't see ANYone queuing for ANY 4D show EVER. Muppet*Vision has been a walk on since I was going to MGM when I was in 2nd grade in 2007.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
As long as "EVER" starts in 2007, and also only applies to when you have been there, you're correct. :rolleyes:
That's for over 10 years. I'm pretty sure that is enough time for a 4D show that can house a few hundred guests to become a walk-on. Especially for a show that opened in 199freaking1. I'd say with that in mind, the show's popularity has held up pretty well. Especially with it being shoved in a back corner of the park since all the construction began.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom