News Muppet Vision 3D operating under reduced hours

Robbiem

I think the muppets could make for a great Epcot pavilion. Muppetvision would work well combined with a dark ride tour of muppetlabs, or perhaps a Pigs in space attraction. Could be afun way to add IP to the park and keep edutainment, dont think it will ever happen though

Seabasealpha1

Sad to see this part of the park so empty...

I know it’s far too late for this commentary, but they still should’ve just shut the whole park down and gutted it/rebuilt the darn thing and then opened it up as a whole new park all at once… Might have taken less time to get everything up and running… The park still feels like some kind of a cluster when you are there now…it’s a hot mess...still feels like the “junk drawer park”for Disney attractions that didn’t make the cut/didn’t fit in other parks...

I was just there in September...I wish I had blown that ticket day on Epcot instead...

HiJe

Sad to see this part of the park so empty...

I know it’s far too late for this commentary, but they still should’ve just shut the whole park down and gutted it/rebuilt the darn thing and then opened it up as a whole new park all at once… Might have taken less time to get everything up and running… The park still feels like some kind of a cluster when you are there now…it’s a hot mess...still feels like the “junk drawer park”for Disney attractions that didn’t make the cut/didn’t fit in other parks...

I was just there in September...I wish I had blown that ticket day on Epcot instead...

I recently thought that they should go back to their original pitch and separate the 2 areas into different parks. Take the World Showcase, add some more countries, rides, shops, restaurants, etc... and create a Disney International park. Then do something creative or new with the Future World area. I don't know what to do with it. Build it into a Blade Runner type dystopian future city with holograms or robots/AA interacting with guests. Just an idea.

Bocabear

Is there anything planned for the Animation Courtyard? Why not move Muppets to Disney Junior Playhouse and completely overhaul that area...Add another attraction themed to the muppets, a new restaurant, gift shop and there you go...It also clears the space for either Indy mini land or Star Wars expansion...or a whole other IP...

Cmdr_Crimson

Is there anything planned for the Animation Courtyard? Why not move Muppets to Disney Junior Playhouse and completely overhaul that area...Add another attraction themed to the muppets, a new restaurant, gift shop and there you go...It also clears the space for either Indy mini land or Star Wars expansion...or a whole other IP...
Well, they were on that side just before VoTLM came in....
MuppetsMGM.jpg

iowamomof4

This gave me an idea. Would the Muppets be out of place taking over the Imagination Pavilion? Turn the ride into the Muppet lab with Figment becoming a new Muppet friend? Combine the 2, Muppets with Figment and Imagination, into 1? Or morph it into a Muppets in Space ride that kind of Tongue-in-cheek mocks GoTG and Mission: Space?

I had what could be an epiphany about the Muppets and Disney and why Disney can't seem to do right by that IP: Does Disney perhaps take themselves too seriously and thus the gags and tongue-in-cheek mockery of the Muppets just doesn't fit with their m.o.? There has been a plethora of fantastic ideas bandied about in this thread, but each time I see one I think, "Nope, Disney wouldn't allow that." It's sad, really. I'd love to see some of the Star Wars ideas come to fruition, but it seems like Lucasfilm and Disney would never allow it at this point in time. So the only thing they've been able to do successfully is allow the Muppets to take a light-hearted look at American history in MK.

I wish Disney could lighten up and allow the Muppets to do what they do best.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
bring back the old muppet show format - have special guests like before - same type of humor/some older adult humor as well
keep muppet babies going for the younger ones

redo Muppet 3D, create a ride, or turn star tours (once star wars land opens) into a funny muppet simulator of some kind maybe... I don't know... but gah Disney has really dropped the ball on the muppet characters... so much potential there...somewhere

its like they can't really figure out what to do with them

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yea it really doesn't hurt anyone, but it is a chump move by Disney as a whole. The park is a joke and the fact that they would cut anything is an embarrassment. They charge an ultra premium price and I expect no matter when I go to any of the parks, I have access to the attractions. A move like this in the grand scheme isn't that big a deal. But couple it on top of all the other cuts and price increases and it's a problem. It just shows how little Disney actually cares about its guests.
Do you feel the same way about World Showcase? The American Adventure? MILF in the MK? This isn't an unusual thing, nor is it particularly new....

mikejs78

Premium Member
Its what happens when a movie screenplay gets re-written by corporate mandate. It was a complete mess. (Trivia note: Both this, and "Star Trek: TMP" which opened nearly the same time, were the last American movies to feature an overture before the credits).
Didn't the recent live action BatB have an overture?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom