Mulch Sweat & Shears end of run?

Wallace G

Almost immediately. I don't get the fascination some fans have with cover bands but not sad to see this one go

If you're a fan of live music, then cover bands are a lot of fun. Especially a cover band at a Disney park, with the way they bring the audience into the show.

I'm disappointed that Mulch is leaving. I'll be doubly disappointed if a new band doesn't replace them...or if they're replaced by a lumberjack show.

Tigger1988

If you're a fan of live music, then cover bands are a lot of fun. Especially a cover band at a Disney park, with the way they bring the audience into the show.

I'm disappointed that Mulch is leaving. I'll be doubly disappointed if a new band doesn't replace them...or if they're replaced by a lumberjack show.
I love live music. I don't pay nearly $100 a day to see cover bands however.

Star Wars land will far outweigh this loss. If any band serves as a replacement I hope it's the Cantina band.

wannabeBelle

First off as many of you know I am a HUGE Mulch fan and have been so for many years. That having been said, the estimate on the arrival of the new entertainment offerings seems to be about 2020/2021. Why take the band out now?? And as speculated on this thread, I am sure there will be more closures before we are done with that. Those closures can be based on location, which sounds reasonable. Mulch is VERY portable and the truck and any of the items that are associated with the band are very easily moved and stored elsewhere. This has not been the best day of my Disney experiences. I have spent most of the day crying on and off, for the loss of one of my favorite acts, but also for the loss of several amazingly talented cast members who I am friendly with. These are people with families and people who depend on them, so let us keep them in your good thoughts for continued success. Marie

JeffBostock

First off as many of you know I am a HUGE Mulch fan and have been so for many years. That having been said, the estimate
on the arrival of the new entertainment offerings seems to be about 2020/2021. Why take the band out now?? And as speculated on this thread, I am sure there will be more closures before we are done with that. Those closures can be based on location, which sounds reasonable. Mulch is VERY portable and the truck and any of the items that are associated with the band are very easily moved and stored elsewhere. This has not been the best day of my Disney experiences. I have spent most of the day crying on and off, for the loss of one of my favorite acts, but also for the loss of several amazingly talented cast members who I am friendly with. These are people with families and people who depend on them, so let us keep them in your good thoughts for continued success. Marie

I was thinking the same thing in regards to the reason why they would discontinue Mulch simply because the backstage area where the truck and equipment are kept is being demolished for Star Wars. I don't know anything about the backstage areas of DHS, but would think that there has to be other backstage areas available where they would be able to keep the truck.

raymusiccity

I love live music. I don't pay nearly $100 a day to see cover bands however.

Star Wars land will far outweigh this loss. If any band serves as a replacement I hope it's the Cantina band.

Be careful what you wish for.....that Cantina Band could get really old in a hurry !!!
Hopefully, they'll be used as background noise and lend themselves to the actual Cantina where they belong. :)

culturenthrills

Why get rid of Mulch now? Well if you haven't noticed Disney has been on a mission the last two years to get rid of Union entertainment acts and bring in third party contractors. So another one bites the dust. Problem is almost everyone of the replacements has been inferior or see them once that's enough acts. WDW pretty much has gotten rid of all the entertainment I like in the last two years. We used to spend so much time in World Showcase but I barely spend any time or money there anymore

Monkee Girl

I also loved this band. Like another posted said; I never went out of my way to go see them but they were always out when my family was leaving the park and I decided to stay a little longer. I liked when they were out for extra Magic Hours; it was like a small block party.

I guess Disney is just working on clearing out stuff for the refurb and I understand that. But I agree that they should just cut their losses and close the park. I have stayed at the Polynesian (still am) during their construction and it was weird. I wish my family would have just said 'we'll come back when they are done' or Disney themselves just said 'closed until done' because the experience just isn't there. With all the closings, are they still going to charge the normal park price?

Anyway, I am sorry to see Mulch go but I look forward to seeing what the park is going to become.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
So Universal closes Disaster and eventually Beetlejuice in preparation for a major refurb of San Fransisco, and opens four new shows to alleviate the crowds.
Half of DHS is closed and Universal GETS RID of a popular street show?
qxyn6.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom