Mug question, is Pop allowed?

Merry Rose

I just read on another site, that only coffee or tea is allowed in the refillable mug. Is that true? We were all planning on having it for soda pop our entire stay.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
You can DEFINITELY do soda in the mugs.

You can actually put any of the beverages from that beverage kiosk in the food court in there, including the frozen soda-slurpee like things.

I have yet to try and bring my mug up to the bar, to try to get it filled.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I just read on another site, that only coffee or tea is allowed in the refillable mug. Is that true? We were all planning on having it for soda pop our entire stay.

They are not quite correct. Coffee, tea (hot & cold), sodas, hot chocolate, juice, slushies...whatever is on the beverage bar is eligible. Some are self serve and others require staff assistance, depending on which hotel you are staying in.

Upvote 0

DVC Dave

I see some people have already answered your question. I just wanted to say WOW...another person ( like us) who says POP!! Soda is the nasty unflavored water with bubbles in it!!!

Upvote 0

Merry Rose

Original Poster
This what Allearsnet.com said:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Are groceries available at Fort Wilderness?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes. Basic groceries (milk, bread, juice, cereal, sandwich meats, bacon, sausage, eggs, canned vegetables, frozen dinners, pizza, stuff for spaghetti, chips, hot dogs, etc.) limited camping supplies, and souvenirs are available at both the Meadow and Settlement Trading Posts. Expect to pay somewhat higher prices though for the convenience. Refillable mugs are available at the Trail's End Restaurant for $11.99, which includes free refills for coffee and tea (not soft drinks).[/FONT]
:confused:

Ha! thanks for the pop reply - Soda is yuckie. Are you a midwest pop drinker?

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

See, Newfies are not the only ones who say "pop"!:p

Everyone already cleared the air here on the pop (soda) issue. We lived off the Cherry Coke while we were there - you can't get that here in Newfoundland! But we have Crush Pineapple - now how many of you have tasted that!?! You think your Dole Whip is good...

Upvote 0

Lucky

Growing up in Memphis we used to use "coke" to refer generically to what midwesterners call "pop" or others call "soda." You would sometimes hear an excange like this: "What kind of coke would you like?" "Sprite."

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We were able to get cokes, frozen cokes :slurp:, tea, coffee...practically anything available at the self-serve counters in the food court.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Pop is a sound, soda is a carbonated beverage that comes in many flavors, soda water is seltzer and COKE is a brand just like Pepsi. :lookaroun

And egg creams have neither eggs nor cream. :lol:

Upvote 0

alexaveryq

If pressed to say something other than Coke, you might hear a Southerner say "soft drink". However, you will rarely, if ever, hear a NATIVE Southerner (this almost doesn't include Floridians, since so many are from elsewhere) soda OR pop.

Upvote 0

Merry Rose

Original Poster
You guys are hysterical! Pop is Pop - you drink pop.....:ROFLOL:
but when my daughter lived in Texas - everyone said Coke- even if they were drinking orange pop. seriously! Memphis must be just like Texas then.
Soda sounds odd. but I guess it's where you were raised.:shrug:
so it sounds like I can get my mug for pop. I hope they don't sell soda, I don't like soda. :p

Upvote 0

raven

You guys are hysterical! Pop is Pop - you drink pop.....:ROFLOL:but when my daughter lived in Texas - everyone said Coke- even if they were drinking orange pop. seriously!

I lived in southern Indiana when I was in High School and when I first moved there I had to get used to calling everything Coke. When I asked at a restaurant what I wanted to drink I said "Coke." They said "What kind?" (Down there everything is Coke).

And I was the idiot? :veryconfu

Now I am back to calling everything Pop since I live in Michigan now. Before moving here I called it soda in St. Louis. But in some southern Missouri areas they still call it Sody (So-dee) or Sody Pop! :eek:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Pop is a sound, soda is a carbonated beverage that comes in many flavors, soda water is seltzer and COKE is a brand just like Pepsi. :lookaroun

And egg creams have neither eggs nor cream. :lol:

You got it Tigsmom! :wave:

You guys are hysterical! Pop is Pop - you drink pop.....:ROFLOL:
but when my daughter lived in Texas - everyone said Coke- even if they were drinking orange pop. seriously! Memphis must be just like Texas then.
Soda sounds odd. but I guess it's where you were raised.:shrug:
so it sounds like I can get my mug for pop. I hope they don't sell soda, I don't like soda. :p

Sorry to burst your "pop" bubble...but nowhere on the cans or bottles of non alcoholic carbonated beverages is the word "pop" used. I'm afraid if you look for the "pop" listing on menu's or lists at WDW you will become very thirsty.
I know of pop rocks and my kids sometimes call me pop, but in these here parts it has nothing to do with a beverage! :animwink::lol:

Upvote 0

DVC Dave

You got it Tigsmom! :wave:

Sorry to burst your "pop" bubble...but nowhere on the cans or bottles of non alcoholic carbonated beverages is the word "pop" used. I'm afraid if you look for the "pop" listing on menu's or lists at WDW you will become very thirsty.
I know of pop rocks and my kids sometimes call me pop, but in these here parts it has nothing to do with a beverage! :animwink::lol:

Just to fuel the fire....up here in NY we have a HUGE grocery store called Wegmans ( two years ago the number one place to work in the country) and the have a Product called WPop. I like the Orange pop and the rootbear pop the best!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom