Mt. Everest

FutureCEO

Original Poster
In April to commemorate AK's 5th anniversary Walt Disney World will be announcing a brand new roller coaster for Animal Kingdom. It will be called Mt. Everest, and is reportedly being built between Dino Land and Asia.
:sohappy: A coaster that sounds like the matterhorn but would this fit better in epcot with the name and all.

no2apprentice

Mt. Everest sounds so plain. How about Himalaya Horror? How about Everest Adventure? Or Everest Escape?

Providing, of course, it gets built.

imagineer boy

This is just related to that Forbidden Mountain Rumor. I bet they're actually building it right now. I doubt it will be called "Everest."

Lee

Adventurer
Actually he's pretty much right.
However, I can't comfirm the name of the attraction. Forbidden Mountain was the working title for the coaster at WDI, and some at WDW had referred to the whole project as "Project Everest".

As for April... wait and see.:animwink:

imagineersrock

Originally posted by jcrb
I just hope they get something started.
AK needs something bad.

this is true, on a recent trip to AK, we didnt arrive unti 11-ish and we did practically everything with hours to spare before park closing. -did i just complain about doing everything i wanted to do with hours to spare?:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

AndyMagic

As April comes closer and closer... I am REALLY hoping that this announcement will really come. I'm pretty sure this "rumor" has graduated to more than just a rumor because pretty much everyone is sure it is gonna happen, including FAB over at laughingplace.com. Hey Steve, your always up on all the M:S news but do you have any information regarding Forbidden Mountain? I am WAY too excited about this and I have a feeling I could be in for a disappointment when no announcement comes. :(

imagineer boy

Actually, someone on this forum who lives in Orlando claimed she saw helicopters carrying metal cages ( the kind that they used to make splash mountain, big thundermountain, the tree of life, etc. )
Somebody she knew said that the pieces were for an Austrailian Themed area in AK. If you don't know what I meant by metal cages, they're actually bended pieces of metal bars welded together to create the skeleton of the structure that they're building to create the shape of the structure. Cement is poured, skulpted and painted over them to give the structures out side apeearance. These metal cages might be used for Forbidden mountain. I think it might have a name change because "Forbidden Mountain" is the name of the mountain where the evil Melefacient resides in the Disney movie Spleeping Beauty.

WDW1971

True or not...AK needs excitement. It's an okay park, but needs more to it. "Dinosaur" was a good attraction, but the park will only hold my fascination for a short time. We spent about 5 hours there and were unable to find a reason to stay until closing.

A true thrill ride would surely help out.

Although Lil' Buford might boycott the park for adding excitment! :lol:

WDWKing

Mt. Everest, eh? I remember the hot topic last year during this time was how Disney was announcing Beastly Kingdom for AK and how the land was finalized and ready to go. I'll believe it when I see it.

Matt56

What are the chances of Disney making the announcement for Forbidden Mountain and Australia? Could FM be the centerpiece of Australia?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom