MSN Disney Article

bayoumoon

Ouch! I can't get past the Epcot report to move on towards the DHS or any further. I kinda feel for the guy who wrote the story how miserable his life must be. I think he needs a hug and an open mind. I hear they have a thing called a "laughing class" to help people loosen up, perhaps he needs to attend one? I'll just look on the bright side, one less person I have to stand behind in line when I go:p

lilclerk

I did like this quote:
"Poor Walt, I think to myself. One day you're chilling with Wernher von Braun, inventing lifelike robots. The next day you're just some dude who drew a mouse."

If the initial purpose of this guys visit was to dis Disney, and never plan to say anything positive, then just shut up and dont write articles. Everyone has to be a critic. Millions of people for 36 years have been goint to WDW, somtime for 3 generations, abvioulsy there is an appeal there...at least find something postive...god I hate negative people, that are negative just for the sake of being negative.
Thats all I have to say about that

Gooch

What's the purpose of this article, exactly? He doesn't have many positive things to say, he fails to mention alot of WDW's trademark attractions, and kind of calls out those who visit the parks often. Nothing he said bothered me, but it's annoying to read something that was written by one guy who thinks Disney is "souless." He's in the minority, though. That's for sure. Love it or leave it, bud.

DisneyAnole

While I don't agree with every point the writer makes, I think it's pretty self-righteous for people here to act like he's a negative jackass with no sense of humor.

WDW isn't for everyone. For most visitors it isn't an obsession. And that's great for them. The articiality of WDW turns a lot of people off. Some people would prefer snorkeling in the Keys than going to Typhoon Lagoon. I don't think the former group should be called names because their preferences don't mirror the preferences of the Disney-obsessed fans.

Figment571

I agree with his attitude that the parks are overly merchandised (some of the merchandise actually used to relate to the land they were in, fancy that!), DVC is crud, Donald has no point in Mexico, and instilling your kid with an OVERLY consumerist attitude is ridiculous (even old Walt would agree on that), and his wonder of the elder Walt and his beatiful yet unattainable vision and dream of a technological (and unfortunatley now now seen as sci-fi) future. Oh, yeah and his disdain for HSM...:lookaroun

So is he such a curmudgeon. In some ways yes, and in a lot of others no, not at all...:cool:

yankspy

I agree with his attitude that the parks are overly merchandised (some of the merchandise actually used to relate to the land they were in, fancy that!), DVC is crud, Donald has no point in Mexico, and instilling your kid with an OVERLY consumerist attitude is ridiculous (even old Walt would agree on that), and his wonder of the elder Walt and his beatiful yet unattainable vision and dream of a technological (and unfortunatley now now seen as sci-fi) future. Oh, yeah and his disdain for HSM...:lookaroun

So is he such a curmudgeon. In some ways yes, and in a lot of others no, not at all...:cool:

I am curious as to why you think DVC is crud.:)

Disney05

What an unhappy creep. I'm glad he won't be going back year after year. That's one less sourpuss we have to run into.

colleen2997

His job is to be a negative critic and to come up with witty, over-intellectualized commentary for his articles. I have read other articles he wrote that were also negative and close-minded.

WDWEric

I just read this article and I think that this guy had a lot more fun than he anticipated and it might have scared him. That is why he wrote only about the negative things than the good things because in his opinion a single unmarried 20-30 something male should not enjoy the parks. I think that he wrote this negatively because he doesnt want people to know he had a good time and has already signed up for DVC. :)

cooleo

Before I commence giving my opinion about this article, Let me first state a couple of facts. 1) I & my family are "Hardcore Disney Fans". 2) I have NEVER read any articles written by this gentleman, therfore I read his article with an open mind regardless of the comments I read in this thread prior to reading his article. With that said, let me say this. I don't believe the writer was as critical & negative about Disney as many of you are saying. To the contrary, he had many positive comments about the lengths to which Imagineers go to plan out the place we have come to love so much. And his comment about Walt in "One Man's Dream" appears meant to point out that for all the work that Walt put into WDW, he has summarily become an afterthought to the average visitor. While there were several scathing comments, I believe these were directed more at the general concensus of people that visit Disney on a regular basis without ever experiencing any of what the rest of the world has to offer. While it is true that my son has been to WDW 8 times & will make journey number 9 in January of '09, He also has been to the mountains of Tennessee, the beaches of Florida & will be making a trip Brazil in a couple months. I thought this article was rather enlightening & everyone could learn a little from it. While it doesn't mean that my approach to WDW will change, it does however reinforce what I already believed. The world in which we live is full of cultural diversity & if more of us took the time to experience as much of it as possible, it might be a better place. While it is possible that I missed the point & misinterpreted what I read, I don't think I am that far off.;)

***This opinion is in no way intended as an attack on anyone else's comments reagarding this article. We are all entitled to our thoughts & comments. These are just mine***

***Steps down from pedestal***:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom