MSEP to Return to WDW for 50th Celebration?

Animaniac93-98

I want a new parade that looks like this. I don’t care if it’s an updated version of Spectro (which I guess it should be for the 50th) or MSEP or Dreamlights. It should be magical and timeless, not full of pop music and DJ lighting rigs like PTN.

Got to watch this parade for a second time this year a few weeks ago while munching on a cream cheese stuffed pretzel. 😋

Whatever embarrassing gaff they do to "celebrate" WDW's 50th at least some Disney resorts will still have a great night time parade.

TTA94

I thought the topic of WDW getting a nighttime parade was dead until at least Destination D next year? Surely we won’t hear anything solid until then whether it’s a borrowed parade, brand new, or no parade at all.

tirian

Extra crazy idea.

For WDW's 50th they run TWO different night-time parades. A brand new one at 8:00pm and MSEP at 12:00am.

They wouldn't do it, but we know they have the money.
Remember when WDW ran big day parades at all four parks, plus a night parade at the MK, plus fireworks at three of four parks?

Those days were terrible. They wasted so much money. It was just a time for me to ride extra things anyway. The parades didn’t have enough characters. I’m glad I pay more now despite getting less entertainment. Things have never been better because I choose to focus on the positive. ;)

brb1006

I thought the topic of WDW getting a nighttime parade was dead until at least Destination D next year? Surely we won’t hear anything solid until then whether it’s a borrowed parade, brand new, or no parade at all.
When's the next Destination D?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

MadTeacup

I remember the second half of the Pinocchio float apparently got badly damaged during it's trip back to DL.

Here's said float during the "Farewell Season".
msep_pinocchio1996ww.jpg
That's the "Cigar Store" float. Trust me, it was dead before we shipped it over there. We were having so many problems with that float thanks to the animals that made homes in it. It basically needed rebuilt from the frame up - again, that's when it LEFT Florida.

brb1006

That's the "Cigar Store" float. Trust me, it was dead before we shipped it over there. We were having so many problems with that float thanks to the animals that made homes in it. It basically needed rebuilt from the frame up - again, that's when it LEFT Florida.
Wait there were animals living on the float?

spectrodanny

As many insiders as well as just regular forum members have stated there is a very very very slim chance that MSEP could withstand another cross country trip.
exactly. considering the other half of the Pinocchio section was damaged in transport on the way home, I would be VERY surprised if Disneyland let the remaining floats go back to the eastern part of Orange county :)

disnyfan89

I still maintain for the 50th they should do a new parade that takes inspiration from both Spectromagic and MSEP and call it the ElectroMagical Parade. Since it would be for MK 50th each segment would be a tribute to the park.

The music would be directly influenced by the Original Spectro soundtrack. The opening unit would be based off Main Street USA the spectromen, now steampunk influenced, creating the electricity needed to "run" the parade. This plays into the turn of the century, discovery of electricity motif that main street has. From there the following units would all take inspiration from the other lands of the MK. You could have things like pirate ships and a jungle cruise boat for adventureland, Space ships and Monsters for Tomorrowland. Frontierland could feature the steam train and riverboat with references to the country bears and splash animals playing instruments throughout. The final unit would be based on fantasyland with the carrousel and castle. It would bring back the black and white to color effect.

I think it would be a great way to blend nostalgia and pay tribute to the park for its 50th.

brb1006

I still maintain for the 50th they should do a new parade that takes inspiration from both Spectromagic and MSEP and call it the ElectroMagical Parade. Since it would be for MK 50th each segment would be a tribute to the park.

The music would be directly influenced by the Original Spectro soundtrack. The opening unit would be based off Main Street USA the spectromen, now steampunk influenced, creating the electricity needed to "run" the parade. This plays into the turn of the century, discovery of electricity motif that main street has. From there the following units would all take inspiration from the other lands of the MK. You could have things like pirate ships and a jungle cruise boat for adventureland, Space ships and Monsters for Tomorrowland. Frontierland could feature the steam train and riverboat with references to the country bears and splash animals playing instruments throughout. The final unit would be based on fantasyland with the carrousel and castle. It would bring back the black and white to color effect.

I think it would be a great way to blend nostalgia and pay tribute to the park for its 50th.
Funny you mentioned that since "ElectroMagic" was Spectromagic's original name according to Martin's tribute video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom