MSEP to Return to WDW for 50th Celebration?

KaliSplash

It would be fantastic if this was true! MSEP FAR outshines Spectro. Because of the music. I saw where someone doesn't like the syntho music, but Spectro also used syntho music, but it became a WALTZ! Count it out, "one, two, three, one two three." As I and many others have stated before, this seems to be a generational thing. Those of us who first saw the amazing MSEP like it soo much better than the Waltzing replacement. Those who first saw Spectro, think it is much better than MSEP.

Having said all that, it should not be beyond Walt Disney's capability to create a NEW parade. Heck, I would take a rebuilt Spectro over the nothing we currently have. But yes, if we could get The Main Street Electrical Parade back at WDW, I do think I would have to buy annual passes again!

peter11435

It would be fantastic if this was true! MSEP FAR outshines Spectro. Because of the music. I saw where someone doesn't like the syntho music, but Spectro also used syntho music, but it became a WALTZ! Count it out, "one, two, three, one two three." As I and many others have stated before, this seems to be a generational thing. Those of us who first saw the amazing MSEP like it soo much better than the Waltzing replacement. Those who first saw Spectro, think it is much better than MSEP.

Having said all that, it should not be beyond Walt Disney's capability to create a NEW parade. Heck, I would take a rebuilt Spectro over the nothing we currently have. But yes, if we could get The Main Street Electrical Parade back at WDW, I do think I would have to buy annual passes again!
I first saw MSEP. SpectoMagic was far superior.

pdude81

For selfish reasons and nostalgia I want MSEP back at WDW. Other parades might be better, but I don't want those.

pdude81

Go visit Disneyland and let us all have something new and fresh....lol
I was strongly considering chopping up a recent summer trip to go to DL for a couple days from Orlando, but the price increases were too much. The airfare to CA was almost reasonable but the 1 and 2 day ticket costs at DL are insane.

I did see PTN last time out west though and that was awesome. But like I said, this isn't about which parade is better :p

brb1006

I prefer a newer parade over an almost 50 year old parade. Spectromagic was currently 19 years when it last ran in WDW while MSEP was 38 when it returned that same year. Spectro still looked in good shape by then and the floats were a lot more memorable.

po1998

...am I missing something as I poke around their website, or is there currently not a nighttime parade at Disneyland Park?

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
...am I missing something as I poke around their website, or is there currently not a nighttime parade at Disneyland Park?
At the moment, no. MSEP just finished a run on September 30. PTN & MSEP are both theoretically available for use there. However, they are back to the Bandtastic Cavalcade for the next month and a half til Christmas Fantasy is back.

po1998

At the moment, no. MSEP just finished a run on September 30. PTN & MSEP are both theoretically available for use there. However, they are back to the Bandtastic Cavalcade for the next month and a half til Christmas Fantasy is back.
Thx.

prberk

Why spend $$ on rebuilding a former parade instead of using that money to create a new one? I'm all for nostalgia but rebuilding Spectro would be a huge waste of money.

Well, actually, I think they could build a new one -- but save time and money because they already have the blueprints (you would think) and the elements of the soundtrack. I am not against a new parade, but if for those reasons rebuilding SpectroMagic would be cheaper and faster, I am not against it either. I think it stands up.

TP2000

You aren't missing anything, and it actually relates to WDW.

MSEP just ended its hokey summer run at Disneyland last weekend, and now there's a six week lag until Christmas Fantasy Parade starts in mid November. They are doing a cheesy Bandtastic Cavalcade in the afternoons as a stopgap measure, since Disneyland's new Magic Happens parade doesn't arrive until the new year.

There's a nighttime Halloween parade at DCA, but you have to buy a Halloween party ticket to see it and they sold out the parties months ago.

Back OT to WDW, because the situation at Disneyland is actually related... this means that there are now two (2!) full nighttime parades sitting in two different warehouses in Anaheim; MSEP and Paint The Night. Disneyland is sitting on both of them, while WDW currently has nothing.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if WDW doesn't announce a new night parade for the 50th is under development soon, one of those two parades will be shipped out from Anaheim a year from now for WDW's 50th.

prberk

The 50th SHOULD be getting a custom designed day parade, night parade, fireworks show, projection show, and castle stage show.

At this point I think we will be lucky to get paint the night.

Are you kidding? They will TELL us that we are lucky to get a new projection show... alone.

"Let them eat cake... no, better yet... let them pay an upcharge to watch a cake projected on the castle."

brb1006

You aren't missing anything, and it actually relates to WDW.

MSEP just ended its hokey summer run at Disneyland last weekend, and now there's a six week lag until Christmas Fantasy Parade starts in mid November. They are doing a cheesy Bandtastic Cavalcade in the afternoons as a stopgap measure, since Disneyland's new Magic Happens parade doesn't arrive until the new year.

There's a nighttime Halloween parade at DCA, but you have to buy a Halloween party ticket to see it and they sold out the parties months ago.

Back OT to WDW, because the situation at Disneyland is actually related... this means that there are now two (2!) full nighttime parades sitting in two different warehouses in Anaheim; MSEP and Paint The Night. Disneyland is sitting on both of them, while WDW currently has nothing.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if WDW doesn't announce a new night parade for the 50th is under development soon, one of those two parades will be shipped out from Anaheim a year from now for WDW's 50th.
Late 2019 or mid 2020 would be the perfect opportunity for WDW to finally reveal a new electrical parade. Just hope it won't be another PTN and more in line with Spectromagic (even if it's a spiritual successor). I seriously love how Spectromagic introduced the Spectromen who were new park characters only found at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom