MSEP to Return to WDW for 50th Celebration?

Kman101

OMG that old thing! PLEASE No! I would gladly accept Spectromagic, but we all know it was destroyed and disposed of...
A world class creative entertainment company that is uber successful, cannot design and turn around a new light parade in 10 or 12 years... That is pretty sad.

It is sad. It's also sad, if they insist on keeping MSEP around (I love this parade but it's time is over), UPGRADE IT. Truly upgrade it. But they don't. It looks tired. It feels tired. A refresh would go a very long way. We'll never have the length and amount of floats we used to get.

brb1006

Why spend $$ on rebuilding a former parade instead of using that money to create a new one? I'm all for nostalgia but rebuilding Spectro would be a huge waste of money.
Dreamlights is the only electrical parade that comes to mind that is able to build a newer/updated version of MSEP with more modernized designs while still look faithful to it's predecessor. Sadly the parade and the rest of Tokyo is made by the OLC.

ToTBellHop

Dreamlights is the only electrical parade that comes to mind that is able to build a newer/updated version of MSEP with more modernized designs while still look faithful to it's predecessor. Sadly the parade and the rest of Tokyo is made by the OLC.
WDW could buy Fantillusion...

AndyS2992

No. MSEP is so dated and clunky it’s an absolute embarrassment and you can’t help but laugh when it clunks by. When you watch it after Paint the Night or Tokyo’s Dreamlights it becomes very apparent that it should have been scrapped years ago. I want a new night parade which pays tribute but is it’s own thing.

Thelazer

No. MSEP is so dated and clunky it’s an absolute embarrassment and you can’t help but laugh when it clunks by. When you watch it after Paint the Night or Tokyo’s Dreamlights it becomes very apparent that it should have been scrapped years ago. I want a new night parade which pays tribute but is it’s own thing.

Doesn't matter, the 3 to 8 year olds love anything with lights.

imthewalrus79

I love the MSEP. But for me, if there is going to be a nighttime parade for the 50th, it should be brand new. No MSEP or Paint the Night. I'd love to see them do something like an updated version of Spectromagic. It doesn't necessarily have to be called that. But I mean as far as the feeling of the soundtrack. That parade was a Magic Kingdom original whose design and soundtrack fit that park perfectly. If they did a parade that had that spirit and did even just as half as good a job as Tokyo has done with Dreamlights, that's what the park deserves at minimum for a 50th anniversary.

TP2000

OMG that old thing! PLEASE No! I would gladly accept Spectromagic, but we all know it was destroyed and disposed of...
A world class creative entertainment company that is uber successful, cannot design and turn around a new light parade in 10 or 12 years... That is pretty sad.

Well you know, it's not like they are swimming in cash and can just go building a new parade every half decade.

For the 3rd Quarter of Fiscal Year 2019 that ended August 1st, the Parks division only made 1 Billion and 719 Million Dollars ($1,719,000,000) in quarterly after-tax profit, on 6 Billion and 575 Million in quarterly sales ($6,575,000,000).

And for the total nine months of Fiscal Year 2019 that has passed so far, the Parks division has only made 5 Billion and 377 Million Dollars in after-tax profit. That's barely half of the entire 11 Billion and 432 Million ($11,432,000,000) in after-tax profit that the entire Disney company made thus far in Fiscal 2019.

You can't just expect Bob Chapek to go throwing around money on a new parade like a drunken sailor. His little division only made $1.7 Billion in after-tax profit this summer, and he's got a wife and kids to feed!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Well you know, it's not like they are swimming in cash and can just go building a new parade every half decade.

For the 3rd Quarter of Fiscal Year 2019 that ended August 1st, the Parks division only made 1 Billion and 719 Million Dollars ($1,719,000,000) in quarterly after-tax profit, on 6 Billion and 575 Million in quarterly sales ($6,575,000,000).

And for the total nine months of Fiscal Year 2019 that has passed so far, the Parks division has only made 5 Billion and 377 Million Dollars in after-tax profit. That's barely half of the entire 11 Billion and 432 Million ($11,432,000,000) in after-tax profit that the entire Disney company made thus far in Fiscal 2019.

You can't just expect Bob Chapek to go throwing around money on a new parade like a drunken sailor. His little division only made $1.7 Billion in after-tax profit this summer, and he's got a wife and kids to feed!
And this was a "bad" quarter.
Should be fun for the next Q report.

ToTBellHop

It's a more limited crowd, as it is a ticketed event. Not the same as an everyday crowd.
The hub is more crowded before Not So Spooky than it is before HEA. There may be 50,000 people in MK on any given day, but over half leave early (to park hop or just leave altogether). Of those who remain at night, many go on rides during fireworks they’ve already seen. At MNSSHP, 25,000 guests all want to see the entertainment they paid for, and the fireworks are only shown once. This is why people complain so much that the parties are too crowded when the actual number of guests is relatively low.

dennis-in-ct

It’s either gonna be that, Paint the night, or nothing.

I’m guessing wdw doesn’t want to pay $$$ for paint the night so they will play the nostalgia card...

Does Paint the Night run anymore at DLR? I was looking forward to finally seeing PTN in person on my upcoming Nov. visit but it is not listed on the calendar :(

MagicHappens1971

I’m really over the “if/can MK handle a nighttime parade” it did for almost 44 years and if the biggest entertainment/theme park company in the world can’t manage a nightly parade in a theme park that is quite a problem. MK can handle a nighttime parade it is a matter of if the TDO wants to open their large wallets and hash out the money for it.

Stellajack

Premium Member

Yes, I agree! Spectromagic was my favorite MK parade, but, the synthesized music of MSEP gives me a horrible headache! I can't explain this, but somehow those created sounds are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I prefer the theatrics of Spectromagic floats and music. Sorry that it was sent to the Disney graveyard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom