MSEP to Return to WDW for 50th Celebration?

bubbles1812

The last I had heard was a Happily Ever After: Celebrate or something similar.

MSEP wouldn’t surprise me. But it would be disappointing. It IS being moved away from DL...
Agreed. If Spectro still existed, I’d be excited but MSEP was an one and done for me. Just too out of date, too old. I wish they’d give something new.

Magic Feather

Excerpt found from MSEP’s Diary:
“I have always admired the mirror castle floats ability to persist throughout all of these years. I aspire to this level of permanence. But, why does nobody like me? Are they bitter that I sent Spectromagic to its outdoor demise? Is there something wrong with my retro-synth tune? As I not maintaining myself the way I used to?
Oh well, nothing I can do now. It seems like Disneyland fans aren’t finally getting their wish as I leave them, but my next destination is uncertain. Sure, there is an event on the other side of the country that will use every ounce of nostalgia, but I barely survived the trip last time. I am still missing a few floats!
Until next time, whether you want me or not,
MSEP”

Had to burn a few bridges with sources to get this excerpt. Hope it was worth it...

brb1006

Excerpt found from MSEP’s Diary:
“I have always admired the mirror castle floats ability to persist throughout all of these years. I aspire to this level of permanence. But, why does nobody like me? Are they bitter that I sent Spectromagic to its outdoor demise? Is there something wrong with my retro-synth tune? As I not maintaining myself the way I used to?
Oh well, nothing I can do now. It seems like Disneyland fans aren’t finally getting their wish as I leave them, but my next destination is uncertain. Sure, there is an event on the other side of the country that will use every ounce of nostalgia, but I barely survived the trip last time. I am still missing a few floats!
Until next time, whether you want me or not,
MSEP”

Had to burn a few bridges with sources to get this excerpt. Hope it was worth it...
I suddenly want to see Spectromagic's Diary entry between 2010-2016.

Figments Friend

So....

What has happened to the other thread we had going earlier today regarding the info related to MSEP's implied return to WDW as part of the 50th Anniversary?
I went to catch up on conversations and it seems to have been wiped clean from exsistance.

Did some drama happen in the couple of hours I was away and the thread was deleted , or was it removed because the info contained within it was 'company sensitive' ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

🤔

-

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
So....

What has happened to the other thread we had going earlier today regarding the info related to MSEP's implied return to WDW as part of the 50th Anniversary?
I went to catch up on conversations and it seems to have been wiped clean from exsistance.

Did some drama happen in the couple of hours I was away and the thread was deleted , or was it removed because the info contained within it was 'company sensitive' ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

🤔

-
OP asked for it to be deleted mainly due to me not believing how high up the OP is.

TTA94

The other poster stated If MSEP comes back it wouldn’t be the “same old” and maybe two new floats? Hopefully that’s true.

He also said Spectro wasn’t necessarily gone forever and there was a small spark of hope for it? Assuming this poster was legit, that tells me WDW might be deciding to either rebuild Spectro or just bring back MSEP.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't know how any of you expected TDO and the PEP division in general to approve a new parade build. Things are tight within PEP, and I mean really tight - They only made $5.3 billion in net profits in the first 3 quarters of FY'19. We're lucky they're keeping the lights on at night at this point. I hear things are so dire that they have instructed on-stage managers to comb the parks daily looking for loose change on the walkways and in shops, and to mine every fountain and water feature for coins.

So, so disappointing if the rumors end up being true and they drag the MSEP out of its grave (again), this time for the 50th. They (the Chapek's and other leadership lemmings) love selling nostalgia, but have no clue what made it or how to ensure people keep creating those emotional connections to the parks that create the very nostalgia they try to cash in on. A new nighttime parade ala Spectromagic would pack people in the parks at night. Which would mean congestion nightmares, necessitating spending on the second breezeway on the west side of MSUSA. Maybe that's the problem? Of course, one cannot expect a bold parade like Spectromagic these days, it almost undoubtedly would be a screen-filled parade of IP without a cohesive theme or soul, with obnoxious remixes of classic songs song by D-list Disney-signed "artists" and dance party elements throughout. Because that's what 98% of guests want, if you listen to some people around here...

jrhwdw

The other poster stated If MSEP comes back it wouldn’t be the “same old” and maybe two new floats? Hopefully that’s true.

He also said Spectro wasn’t necessarily gone forever and there was a small spark of hope for it? Assuming this poster was legit, that tells me WDW might be deciding to either rebuild Spectro or just bring back MSEP.
IF DLR is really done with MSEP, I don't see why WDW can't do both, rush MSEP to MK while Specrro is rebuilt and have Spectro 2.0 open October 1, 2021: MK's 50th/Spectro's 30th. I know it's takes money to move and all but this has gone on way too long! IMO of course.
It's only October 2019 but does ROTR's success play into all of this? Epcot 's Harm.?

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

I take issue with a lot that the other poster said.
Not because what they said could not happen. It certainly could.
The problem I have with the other poster is how credible their KNOWLEDGE is. (I think they are just guessing like the rest of us).
The other poster certainly did not come off as a genuine insider as generally you don't see true insiders flaunting it about and then calling skeptics ungrateful and complaining how they are risking their job "for us".
Please don't risk your job on behalf of me.
And I don't believe any insider would be so loud about it all.

They also claimed HEA is gone in 2021 which seems odd to me since its extremely popular that popular attractions if what that poster said Disney wanted to get the crowds in.
Again not saying its not possible but just I don't think that poster KNOWS anything.

And the other poster kept saying there is "one little spark" for Spectromagic which to me says its going to EPCOT but that poster also said Spectromagic is too expensive to rebuild/repair/run so its very contradictory.

mariedarling

And the other poster kept saying there is "one little spark" for Spectromagic which to me says its going to EPCOT but that poster also said Spectromagic is too expensive to rebuild/repair/run so its very contradictory.

I agree with your assessment of the other thread. it was entirely too "gung ho" about dishing out information.

Has Epcot ever had a Parade? That doesn't make sense to me.

TTA94

Im also not fully buying the whole nostalgia thing and why WDW would feel the need to do so for the 50th with MSEP. For example, nothing more, If anyone thinks for one minute a parade like Paint The Night at MK wouldn’t be popular and keep guests in the park, they are crazy! Its upbeat, fun, bright flashy lights. The average guests at WDW eat up the whole “dance party” vibe stuff like crazy.

If WDW chooses MSEP over a new parade it’s for no other reason than a cheap entertainment option/addition for the 50th.

wdwfan22

From everything i've heard the Main Street Electrical Parade will return to Magic Kingdom for the 50th. It does make sIt's cheaper and the parade will still pack the park full of Guests. Disneyland was a perfect example of how the parade is still loved by Guests.

Figments Friend

So from what i have been told, and have posted elsewhere in relation to this topic -

Team Anaheim swore up and down that Orlando would 'never again' get to borrow the MSEP for a future run due to WDW's poor treatment and lack of maintenance of the Parade units.
WDW ran the Parade for a few years a while back, and maintenance to the units was the bare minimum.
When the units were returned to Disneyland in CA a couple of years ago for it's prior 'finale run', their condition was appallingly bad.
So bad, that a few MSEP units had to be permanently retired right then and there and have never been seen since.
Thus why the Parade was so short in length these last two runs at the Park.

Flash forward to today, with concerns about 'Galaxy's Edge' not being the attendence driver as expected, and other issues.
Management has been in a panic and there have been some desperation moves happening over the last few months in an attempt to attract Guests back in droves.
Re-running the MSEP this Summer at DLR was one such move.

The following insight below was originally provided by @Disnerd2003 -
I have written things in my own words, so this is not a direct quote....but it covers what he stated in another now deleted thread :

-----------

Because of internal issues within the Parks division and a desire to prevent a certain high ranking Company leader's job from being forfeited, there has been talk about sending the MSEP back to Florida for WDW's 50th....despite TDA's protesting to keep it 'home' and safe.
Mr. Chapek is apparently insisting, to enable WDW to play the 'retro' card and attract Guests during the Anniversary promotion.
TDO has promised to take better care of the Parade this time around, but TDA has no real say since Chapek has ordered this to happen.
It's his job that's on the line apparently, and this is a attempt to 'save face'.

Currently, the Parade is being repaired and 'patched up' after this Summer's run at Disneyland Park in preparation for shipping to Florida.
Some of the smaller elements have been said to already be on Property.
Once all of the Parade units get to Florida, it will remain there and run until the end of the 50th celebration and then 'that's it'.
The Parade will then be officially retired, and elements will be sent back to CA to be archived.

------------

Okay, back to my own thoughts -

Now. whether or not that all does indeed happen...we shall see.
Things are ALWAYS changing when it comes to stuff like this.
One minute, it's fact and it's happening - the next minute, things have changed and it's not.
So only time will tell.
I thought it would be good to get this out there now, since i am as surprised as anyone to learn this considering what i was told about Anaheim's disgust in the MSEP's treatment in Florida.
But with all the drama going on internally, it should'nt surprise me considering the crazier stuff that Disney has done in recent years.

I personally would rather the Parade stay 'home' in CA, and that is coming from a huge fan of this Parade who lives on the East Coast. ( not a fan of the current soundtrack, however...blecchh. 70s soundtrack, please....).
WDW should have instead invested in a ALL NEW nighttime light parade as i've stated before, and it's a shame they didn't feel a need to do so.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom