MSEP Returns

TP2000

I don't believe that's Mike Pence in the avatar, but even if it was, I'd assume @TP2000 in real life would have more humour and personality than Mike Pence (then again, so do most of Disney's animatronic figures).

I changed my avatar. That wasn't Vice President Pence, it was Roger Sterling being served a glass of Scotch by a TWA stewardess. My new avatar is from the cocktail party scene at Breakfast at Tiffany's.

But I am neither Vice President Pence nor a drunk lady laughing at herself in a mirror. I'm something inbetween those two. I had so much fun finding new Avatars this evening that I think I'm going to be changing it regularly.

The Empress Lilly

Nice work!
I wish you a wonderful time .....and enjoy the Parade!
:)

Seeing it at it's true 'home' at Disneyland is a special and unique experience.
The intimate scale and overall night time atmosphere coupled with a showing of this particular Parade cannot be beat.
Savor, my friend!

-
It's been too long since I've been to DL. I planned to return next year - the loss of Illuminations and upcoming destruction of EPCOT are the nail in WDW's coffin for me. Too little highs left to make up for the sourness.

I have a great personal attachment to the MSEP. It's likely exactly forty years ago this year that I saw it for the first time. My last time was a week before it ended its WDW run in 2016. For which I also booked a special trip. I have never not been utterly enchanted. ♡ The start of the Baroque Hoedown feels like sticking my finger in a power socket, in a positive way. My entire body explodes. (I try to maintain composure, for reasons of public dignity!)

I would prefer the 1977 version, blue fairy and all. But I can accept the later versions as a natural progression. Floats don't always last forty years, led lights are better for the environment, the music is by and large the MSEP music. My only essential condition is to see it either at the MK or at the MK beta version of DL. DCA or DLP or a parking lot don't cut it.

The Empress Lilly

So this one's decided to speak.

I've been genuinely positive about many things lately including the electric parade. A bunch of people accused me of being too positive?
I don't really follow DL news, I can't speak of the state of the DL resort.

To me, the return of the MSEP, like Soarin' over California, are brilliant events. Signs of managerial despair, or genuine fan pandering? I'm not sure. All I can say is that I'd love for WDW to run both limited time too!

PiratesMansion

MSEP is a delightful parade that's charming and iconic, despite the changes Disney's made to it over the last few decades. I actually think it should just be continually updated and run till the end of time at Disneyland Park, to help round out the evening entertainment at the park.

Like many things that continue to be issues for no reason (sorry, I mean issues because the WDC is allergic to spending money and/or long term planning) in the US parks, Tokyo solved this problem in 2001 with Dreamlights, which not only started out at a higher level than MSEP, but has been continually updated since. I've had two visits to Tokyo, 2010 and 2019. How many floats in Dreamlights were NOT updated and stayed exactly the same in those nine years? One.

Check it out, and note that since this video was shot the Alice unit has been updated:

It just boggles my mind that in a world where Dreamlights exists, and a version of Paint the Night is owned by THE SAME PEOPLE who also own the only version of MSEP that still exists, the company and many of its fans are perfectly content to stick with MSEP because *nostalgia,* which Disney is happy to perpetuate because of *cost savings.*

Last edited:

drizgirl

Like many things that continue to be issues for no reason (sorry, I mean issues because the WDC is allergic to spending money and/or long term planning) in the US parks, Tokyo solved this problem in 2001 with Dreamlights, which not only started out at a higher level than MSEP, but has been continually updated since. I've had two visits to Tokyo, 2010 and 2019. How many floats in Dreamlights were NOT updated and stayed exactly the same in those nine years? One.

Check it out, and note that since this video was shot the Alice unit has been updated:

It just boggles my mind that in a world where Dreamlights exists, and a version of Paint the Night is owned by THE SAME PEOPLE who also own the only version of MSEP that still exists, the company and many of its fans are perfectly content to stick with MSEP because *nostalgia.*

PTN is not just owned by the same company, it's sitting onsite at the very same resort.

Old Mouseketeer

So basically, they're bringing back MSEP for D23? That's insane. They just brought back MSP, but the Mickey's birthday promotion was a major dud. Now they're remounting MSEP for a few months before they bring out the xmas parade, then they have a new parade coming next year! Oh, and in the middle of it all they're moving the entire entertainment division to two new buildings.

brb1006

It just boggles my mind that in a world where Dreamlights exists, and a version of Paint the Night is owned by THE SAME PEOPLE who also own the only version of MSEP that still exists, the company and many of its fans are perfectly content to stick with MSEP because *nostalgia,* which Disney is happy to perpetuate because of *cost savings.*

Tokyo also finally added the new Mickey and Minnie heads a three months ago.

RollerCoaster

They did all this stuff to help crowdflow but then make a parade that stops traffic completely in the park? Meanwhile they already have 2 other night time shows that stop traffic (Fantasmic and Fireworks). Yikes.

Disneyland operated just fine with the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks, two nightly performances of Main Street Electrical Parade and three performances of Fantasmic for years! It's a non-issue for crowd control! The biggest difference in crowd control is the fireworks being focused around the castle. However, the parade helps eliminate some of the overcrowding since guests can't pack the parade path until minutes before the fireworks show.

Phroobar

MSEPF_01.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom