MSEP Returns

brb1006

I want some high end figurines though. Not a T shirt but if it was cool/ retro looking enough I would buy it. None of this MSEP 2019 stuff on construction T-shirt’s
Yeah maybe something like this.
1a964c4638629050.jpg

file

wdcc-petes-dragon-elliot-disneylands_1_a66ee75cc53d86e0441a62379e07359b.jpg

400003062478%20(3).jpg

TP2000

I've got family arriving this weekend from out of state. We're all assembling at the old house in La Jolla that's been in the family for several generations. And we'll have several generations of family in it for beaching and tennis and Scrabble and sunning and barbecuing. All of us have an affinity for Disneyland, and it's often part of the family itinerary. Star Wars Land just opened and the MSEP returns to the park tomorrow. But...

The general consensus is that there's no desire to go to Disneyland this summer. The young folks have no interest in what they've seen of the Millennium Falcon ride, and all generations have elicited a big yawn over seeing the MSEP one last time. Again. :rolleyes:

Instead the young folks concocted a week-long itinerary that includes sea kayaking, Sea World, North County winery, etc. Disneyland is being skipped this summer, and the decision was made before I even weighed in with my thoughts on the Millennium Falcon ride.

That can't be a good omen for TDA. They've got to figure this out, and then somehow re-launch Star Wars Land once they are able to get that Resistance ride up and running in 2020. o_O

Last edited:

mickEblu

I've got family arriving this weekend from out of state. We're all assembling at the old house in La Jolla that's been in the family for several generations. And we'll have several generations of family in it for beaching and tennis and Scrabble and sunning and barbecuing. All of us have an affinity for Disneyland, and it's often part of the family itinerary. Star Wars Land just opened this summer and the MSEP returns to the park tomorrow. But...

The general consensus is that there's no desire to go to Disneyland this summer. The young folks have no interest in what they've seen of the Millennium Falcon ride, and all generations have elicited a big yawn over seeing the MSEP one last time. Again. :rolleyes:

Instead the young folks concocted an itinerary that includes sea kayaking, Sea World, etc. Disneyland is being skipped this summer, and the decision was made before I even weighed in with my thoughts on the Millennium Falcon ride.

That can't be a good omen for TDA. They've got to figure this out, and then somehow re-launch Star Wars Land once they are able to get that Resistance ride up and running in 2020. o_O

Can you adopt me?

D

Deleted member 107043

I've got family arriving this weekend from out of state. We're all assembling at the old house in La Jolla that's been in the family for several generations. And we'll have several generations of family in it for beaching and tennis and Scrabble and sunning and barbecuing. All of us have an affinity for Disneyland, and it's often part of the family itinerary. Star Wars Land just opened this summer and the MSEP returns to the park tomorrow. But...

Instead the young folks concocted a week-long itinerary that includes sea kayaking, Sea World, North County winery, etc. Disneyland is being skipped this summer, and the decision was made before I even weighed in with my thoughts on the Millennium Falcon ride.

Broadly speaking, and from the perspective of a non-local fan, I'm not convinced that whatever lackluster performance DLR is experiencing this summer is due to tourists having the impression that SWGE is a dud. It's the ongoing perception that Disneyland Resort is always rediculously crowded and overpriced, among other things. I'm a life long DL fan and I hit complete fatigue with the place for those exact reasons after my last visit several years ago. I can't be alone.

But don't fret. As soon as all the AP tiers are unblocked, and the seasonal promotions resume, the parks, including SWGE, will be packed as usual.

Phroobar

Broadly speaking, and from the perspective of a non-local fan, I'm not convinced that whatever lackluster performance DLR is experiencing this summer is due to tourists having the impression that SWGE is a dud. It's the ongoing perception that Disneyland Resort is always rediculously crowded and overpriced, among other things. I'm a life long DL fan and I hit complete fatigue with the place for those exact reasons after my last visit several years ago. I can't be alone.

But don't fret. As soon as all the AP tiers are unblocked, and the seasonal promotions resume, the parks, including SWGE, will be packed as usual.
Those are my exact reasons for staying away. Too expensive and too crowed. I could care less about MSEP, Fantasmic, fireworks or WoC. I've seen it all many times. I'd avoid them even if I was there. It just isn't fun going once and spending that much money. I refuse to be part of the AP problem. The only way I will go is if someone paid for me to get in. Besides Haunt is coming!

brb1006

I've got family arriving this weekend from out of state. We're all assembling at the old house in La Jolla that's been in the family for several generations. And we'll have several generations of family in it for beaching and tennis and Scrabble and sunning and barbecuing. All of us have an affinity for Disneyland, and it's often part of the family itinerary. Star Wars Land just opened and the MSEP returns to the park tomorrow. But...

So much for the emotional final performance for MSEP back during the "Farewell Season". Compare the crow reaction from the final showing and 1996 in general.

To 2017 where you hear some audiences cheering but not to the same energy as 1996.

At this point, MSEP will never get a chance to have a proper retirement now. The parade is currently 47 years old (42 if you count the current floats and Pete's Dragon). It seriously needs to die and let "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights" carry on the legacy of MSEP to a new generation.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes

With a new e- ticket ride and new parade opening in 2020, Disney should just throw together a 65th Anniversary promotion with these two new offerings as the tentpole. Not as large as the Diamond Celebration, but since the timing works out why not take advantage of it?

D

Deleted member 107043

Those are my exact reasons for staying away. Too expensive and too crowed. I could care less about MSEP, Fantasmic, fireworks or WoC. I've seen it all many times. I'd avoid them even if I was there. It just isn't fun going once and spending that much money. I refuse to be part of the AP problem. The only way I will go is if someone paid for me to get in. Besides Haunt is coming!
F

Frankly the attendance we're seeing at DLR at the moment is what it should be for maximum guest enjoyment. Navigating mobs and spending hours in long lines in the hot blazing sun is not how I want to spend my vacation, especially with the premium rates Disneyland charges. I'm quietly hoping this is the new normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom