MSEP Returns

TTA94

Two very different cultures and sets of laws. Workers Comp in California can be quite pricey for an employer when said employees are claiming injuries.

So basically it’s a matter of Disney coughing up the money to design new costumes? That be the case I’m guessing that’s the very last thing on their list of To Dos, pretty much where WDWs nighttime parade sits on their list lol.

spectrodanny

After all these years, I still can't believe how negative people on this site are when it comes to the MSEP. Yes it's old and probably outdated, but it's a classic.

When I heard the news about this I was shocked, and then ecstatic to hear that the parade would be running while I'm at Disneyland in August. Can't wait to see it again.

but of course you were shjocked, that's what happens when you get near electricity, and it IS an Electrical Parade :)

brb1006

I used to work the MSEP when it was at WDW. Everyone from the float Drivers to entertainment hated working it. What a nightmare. I had a float driver tell me “my god this things hanging on by a thread. I give it one more year at most”. And yet here we are...lol
I'm still curious on why the Dumbo section never returned. Especially since they actually created new music for that section but remains unused.

rk03221

I'm still curious on why the Dumbo section never returned. Especially since they actually created new music for that section but remains unused.

I’m pretty sure it’s because the floats are decaying. I remember there were many times when entertainment should’ve called the parade off because of incoming rain, but they didn’t. The parade would step off and 10 minutes later it’s down pouring, some of the floats would stop and they’d have to repair them on the route. It happened more times than you’d think. Rumors were they’d do that because they wanted to ruin the floats and kill MSEP. I don’t believe that to be true but because so many cms hated it so much you’d have to wonder...lol

Squishy

I’m pretty sure it’s because the floats are decaying. I remember there were many times when entertainment should’ve called the parade off because of incoming rain, but they didn’t. The parade would step off and 10 minutes later it’s down pouring, some of the floats would stop and they’d have to repair them on the route. It happened more times than you’d think. Rumors were they’d do that because they wanted to ruin the floats and kill MSEP. I don’t believe that to be true but because so many cms hated it so much you’d have to wonder...lol
It really doesnt matter if they step off the parade or not, the floats are already outside & lined up.

Figments Friend

Ooh...lots of sour puss local crowd! =D

Meanwhile, I'm doing what not even Cars Land managed: I'm booking a trip to DL. Yes, just to see the MSEP. Yes, really.

Nice work!
I wish you a wonderful time .....and enjoy the Parade!
:)

Seeing it at it's true 'home' at Disneyland is a special and unique experience.
The intimate scale and overall night time atmosphere coupled with a showing of this particular Parade cannot be beat.
Savor, my friend!

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom