MSEP Returns

brb1006

One thing I don't like about parades is cheesy music and Disney really excels at that. At least the cheesy music in Electrical Parade has a nostalgic old school quality about it. It doesn't even have any terrible choirs.
giphy.gif

SuddenStorm

Correction* Every parade bores me unless it’s MSEP.

I really liked PTN back in '15- but liked it less when I saw it at DCA last year. I wonder how much the setting impacted that.

I also used to really like A Christmas Fantasy Parade- and while I don't want them to get rid of it, I do want them to rethink many of the floats to help make it feel fresh.

Soundsational and Pixar Play are hot garbage.

MSEP is a delightful parade that's charming and iconic, despite the changes Disney's made to it over the last few decades. I actually think it should just be continually updated and run till the end of time at Disneyland Park, to help round out the evening entertainment at the park.

SuddenStorm

Lol.

You re joking right?

Nope- after they expanded the Space Mountain men's room, there are more stalls in there than any other bathroom in the park. There's always many empty ones, and always a few clean ones.

Hungry Bear also always has one open and it's generally clean.

The worst two are Adventureland entrance and Fantasyland by Village Haus, since they're high traffic but don't have enough stalls to meet demand so they're typically crowded and dirty.

mickEblu

I really liked PTN back in '15- but liked it less when I saw it at DCA last year. I wonder how much the setting impacted that.

I also used to really like A Christmas Fantasy Parade- and while I don't want them to get rid of it, I do want them to rethink many of the floats to help make it feel fresh.

Soundsational and Pixar Play are hot garbage.

MSEP is a delightful parade that's charming and iconic, despite the changes Disney's made to it over the last few decades. I actually think it should just be continually updated and run till the end of time at Disneyland Park, to help round out the evening entertainment at the park.

Preach. The problem is Disney seems to think PTN is an updated MSEP. But maybe not anymore since they don’t seem to want to run it for whatever reason.

Yeah I used to like Christmas Fantasy but it felt really boring when I saw it 2 years ago. Agree on Pixar Play and Soundsational.

mickEblu

Nope- after they expanded the Space Mountain men's room, there are more stalls in there than any other bathroom in the park. There's always many empty ones, and always a few clean ones.

Hungry Bear also always has one open and it's generally clean.

The worst two are Adventureland entrance and Fantasyland by Village Haus, since they're high traffic but don't have enough stalls to meet demand so they're typically crowded and dirty.

Oh. I wrote off Space Mountain bathrooms years ago. More stalls is a good thing, but for my taste still a little too high traffic for a nice peaceful # 2. I used to like Hungry Bear before the opened up that pathway to SWL.

SuddenStorm

Preach. The problem is Disney seems to think PTN is an updated MSEP. But maybe not anymore since they don’t seem to want to run it for whatever reason.

Yeah I used to like Christmas Fantasy but it felt really boring when I saw it 2 years ago. Agree on Pixar Play and Soundsational.

Agreed on Fantasy- For me, the music for Christmas Fantasy is phenomenal- it's iconic, and it's the parade I've known my entire life. But watching the parade? Yeesh, it's corny, boring, decrepit, and literally falling apart as we watch it. It needs a refresh and refocus, but I want the music to remain.

I wonder how much of PTN's sporadic scheduling has to do with the rumored costuming issues. Maybe it's just expensive and impractical to run?

SuddenStorm

Oh. I wrote off Space Mountain bathrooms years ago. More stalls is a good thing, but for my taste still a little too high traffic for a nice peaceful # 2. I used to like Hungry Bear before the opened up that pathway to SWL.

Oh- yeah, I forgot about GE. I imagine I'll have to find another second choice. Give the Space Mountain ones another shot, I was surprised to see one that's easily the worst become the best with a simple expansion 🤣

Castle Cake Apologist

Do you think anyone in TDA realizes how desperate and panicky and weird this makes them look? It's not an attractive leadership vibe.

I would say that you're way overthinking how much the general public will even care about this; let alone how much thought they'll give to TDA in connection to it. Do you really think the majority of people put that much thought into a parade announcement?

Last edited:

mikenatcity1

So i'm torn. I grew up watching World of Disney on Sunday evenings. It always opened with quick snips of the floats. In 2007 I saw it for the first time at DCA. I was excited, but knew something was missing. Fast-forward to WDW's limited time engagement of 650 years with the parade. It was still the same. When it "came home" to Disneyland I couldn't make it. I wanted to see the parade in its original setting with the restored drum float and name. I was very sad. Now, i'm going to be at Disneyland during this time and am very excited to see it. But I also know that most people will hate it.

It seems like they are bringing back fan favorites for the summer as their way of coping with the projected crowds for Galaxy's Edge to go along with D23 in August which could bring tons of people to the park, especially on Saturday (when those tickets sold out quicker than previously).

Maybe just being optimistic for my special place? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom